Pure Wholefoods

Serves meat, veg options available. All veg except for tuna. Has wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, and sugar free items. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Macrobiotic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by marta red
rosenthalv
rosenthalv

Excellent food

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2013

If you like healthy, tasty food with sophisticated flavours, this is a good place. I had a great salad for $10 (I chose bok choy, broccoli, pumpkin, lentils, Asian noodles from the selection). Most of the dishes are more expensive. I'm looking forward to exploring some of the other dishes (which include non-veg) on return visits. The atmosphere is neighborhood -- casual, comfortable, café style. And the desserts are also excellent. A friendly staff was a plus.

Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Classy organics

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2012

Pure Wholefoods has a really lovely, classy feel to it. My mother ordered the salad roll - very simple but with fresh, homemade bread and ingredients and plenty of avocado. I ordered the pumpkin risotto. It was very hearty, made with brown rice and came drizzled in a tahini sauce. For dessert, we shared the GF orange-almond cake, which was tasty. While I was waiting for my meal, I had a browse around the grocer area in the back - I spied tempting-looking coconut yoghurt and ice cream, as well as Sydney's own vegan Funky Pies. A great spot for lunch on a sunny day :)

Pros: Organic, Wholesome, Cafe AND grocery
Cons: Expensive grocery items, Not actually veg - some fish
Ton
Ton

• raw

Hip organic place close to beach

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2012

Best food we had in Sydney so far. Love the Chai latte with soja milk and honey. Beetroot carrot salad is heavenly fresh. Also had rice balls. Loved the pancakes with fresh fruit.

Little warning, this place is very hip. If you are not hip, you will feel hip when leaving here.

There is also a shop in the back with mouth watering organic food.

When we where here they had a lovely raw lemon pie.

Can be very busy with good weather. Close to the beach and the wharf.
Updated from previous review on Saturday February 18, 2012

Pros: Organic, Fresh, Taste
Cons: Busy
marta red
marta red

good vegan choices

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2012

We are vegan and we were at Pure Wholefood today for lunch.Excellent juices and smoothies.We had scrumbled tofu with polenta and it was simply excellent and then we treated us with a slice of chocolate vegan cake that was really to die for and a very good almond and orange cake.The place was busy but wedidn't wait long to have our food and if you want to buy some organic fresh vegetables and fruits they have a small shop onz the back of the place.

Pros: nice people, vegan choices, close to the beach
Cons: not fully vegan or vegetarian

Dear Owner and Manager of Pure Wholefoods: