Serves meat, veg options available. Natural food restaurant. Offers veg and gluten-free choices and sells prepared meals in a refrigerated section. Variety of juices and smoothies. Has Wi-Fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Western, Pizza, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

Gudrun
Gudrun

Room for improvement

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2015

A place with healthy food and a nice, modern atmosphere. Unfortunately the vegan options are extremely limited.

I had hoped for anything vegan but salad or soup (both available here, but also at a bunch of other places closer to the center). There were two vegan items in the menu listed under "wrap or salad", no burgers. I hoped at least for a wrap but when I asked a staff member he told me that the wrap itself was not vegan. So once more - I got a salad. It was topped with tofu - neither marinated nor fried nor otherwise treated in a way which could have brought some taste to it. The other ingredients of the salad were Romaine lettuce, cilantro, mandarin oranges, edamames, sliced almonds, sesame seeds, ginger orange vinaigrette. Not a bad combination, if the tofu hadn't been so terribly bland. Room for improvement here for sure.

I also had a smoothie called "Vegan Vampire" or similar which was good, and a nice Muesli (?) bar from "Sinfull Bakery - vegan baked goods."

However, not really a good place to go for a hungry vegan.

Pros: healthy food, vegan items labelled
Cons: nothing substantial for vegans
hpblank
hpblank

Good vegan burger in a very noisy restaurant

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2014

There were seemingly more vegan baked goods options than there were entrees, which I find unfortunate. I was able to get a delicious bean burger with roasted vegetables and it was very tasty. The staff was helpful, but also not very pleasant. When I kindly explained I would like to be sure my choice had no animal or animal "by-products" in them, I was treated a bit like an inconvenient alien. Either way, food was good, but I don't believe it would be my first choice to go back to.

Pros: Vegan baked goods available
Cons: Not very knowledgable as a whole, Not very kind staff
LoriKetcherside
LoriKetcherside

Good but could be better

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

I love the variety of vegan options available and that my husband doesn't have to eat my "rabbit food" when we go there. He doesn't recommend it, however as their hearts are clearly on the vegan side of the menu.
However, having been here many times, the service is super slow and inattentive. For as uncrowded as this place is, this is just weird.

Pros: Awesome smoothies, Excellent options , Not overcrowded
Cons: Slow to get food, Innattentive servers

Dear Owner and Manager of Pure Healthy Eatery: