Serves meat, veg options available. Previously all veg but no longer. Features a blend of Puerto Rican and international vegetarian cuisine with special emphasis on tapas. Also serving fresh fruits drinks, wine, beers, and other spirits. Seating is divided into four areas: an air conditioned lounge, an air conditioned salon, a roofed terrace, and an open patio by the pool. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Puerto Rican, Caribbean, International, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1853 McLeary Ave, Ocean Park/Condado

Atlantavegan
Atlantavegan

Bad Vida

1 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2013

We called from our hotel and were asked to make a reservation. We were the only ones in the restaurant all night. Not a good sign. We don't mind supporting strugging vegan friendly places but felt like we were ripped off. The meals were tiny and bland. As we only had an entree, we felt the manager intentionally ripped us off with the dessert. Menu showed $3 cake. He reccomended the special instead. Our special 1.5 inch square pieces of dry and tasteless cakes were $7 each. Bad Vida

Pros: Entertaining manager, Gay friendly, Friendly
Cons: Way over priced, Bland food, Very slow
Islandgirl
Islandgirl

really disppointed

2 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2011

While visiting San Juan, we wanted a special place for my husband's birthday...and thought Pura Vida would be it-it wasn't. The pumpkin soup was good. I had to send back my entree...way too salty. Then the next (different choice) entree was really bland. I don't think they have it together here.

Pros: great pina colada
Cons: inconsistent, not a lot of choices
nathan_h
nathan_h

Bland and pricey

2 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2010

We tried this place based on the quality reviews and the location. Nice to be able to fill up on veggie stuff, but it was nearly $40 a person! And everything was very bland. Between the uninteresting food and the high prices, it's tough to recommend.

Pros: Location
Cons: Price, Taste
talena0827
talena0827

Had almost nothing on the menu

2 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2010

I went with my mom yesterday because of the references in a book. We ask for the Cassava & tuno croquettes, and the tuno was missing. Then my mother ask for the veggie paella which was very oily and the rice wasn't jasmine as the waiter told us. My pizza was missing some vegetables and the dessert was way too expesive. It was a Hello and bye bye experience.

Danielaw
Danielaw

disappointed & overpriced

2 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2010

My family and I went to this restaurant on our vacation recently, having frequented vegan restaurants in NY. We were so disappointed in the taste and quality of the food, and felt it was way over priced. The service was lovely and we were happy with our waiter. We had the pizza, which had no tast and was cold, the Thai chicken was too spicy and a small meal fo $15.00. The eggplant again was a very small meal, but not bad. Dessert was OK but way over priced. Our meal for 4, which had little taste and left us hungry was $113.00. Will never go back, when we visit again.

Pros: service, ambiance, music
Cons: no/little taste, small, small portions, over priced
Candierdh
Candierdh

Can't wait to go back!

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2009

I loved this resturaunt! The service was phenominal. The food was phenominal. It was a little pricey but worth it.

Pros: Delish food, Creative food options, Great service
Cons: Pricey
Pedro Bread
Pedro Bread

Welcome back, PuraVida

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2009

I know this place. I went there so many times. They were off for a while, and it is wonderful to have them back. Great menu, top quality food, the coziest ambiance, very reasonably priced. I recommend this fabulous eatery to everyone that loves great healthy food.

Pros: Full of choices, great location, free parking

Dear Owner and Manager of PuraVida: