Pura Vida

Directions: just down the street from the coffee shop. Review it on Happy Cow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Mexican

First Review by shea11
shea11
shea11

vegan in Mazatlan- it does exist!

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2011

We travel to Mexico a couple times a year and i usually struggle to find vegan food that i can eat while south of the border. I usually end up packing a lot of my own food. Last December we decided to go to Mazatlan (a city we normally don't visit) and i did my typical online search for vegan restaurants.

I happened to find Pura Vida online and so we decided to check it out while we were down there. We spotted it from about a block away because of the giant pineapple sign out front and i was skeptical what it might be like inside. But once inside, we were thrilled to find that most ingredients were organic and they offered a veggie burger which we ordered with no cheese.
They also had smoothies (which we didnt try) but their menu appeared to have several veggie/vegan friendly options.

Next time we visit Mazatlan, this restaurant will surely be a staple for us!

Pros: easy to find, veggie friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Pura Vida: