Punjab Sweets - Chakraphet

Small vegetarian Indian restaurant, basic decor. Serves dosa, puri, samosa, namkeen, Indian sweets, chai, and more. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out
436/5 Chakraphet Road (Phahurat, opposite Soi ATM)
Bangkok, Thailand
01-8693815

First Review by anis
HPL1977
HPL1977

amazing authentic punjabi food

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

My partner are and I are punjabis from the UK travelling around SE ASIA and were friending for proper home cooked food and our German buddies who are vegan met us and told of this place well it's not the shangri la or the four season tucked away to the side of the Sikh Temple in Bangkok well priced and service is great and food is absolutely amazing it will keep me coming back I joined happy cow to write this great review and curse another place which was just as bad.

sunbaby08
sunbaby08

Good for snacks, sweets

3 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2009

As the name of the restaurant suggests, sweets are the main draw here. You can also buy a variety of fried snacks at a window facing the street. I felt kind of weird eating inside the restaurant, I was the only farang and everyone was staring at me the whole time (guess the tattoos don't help the situation, ha). I was completely ignored by the wait staff, who stood around chatting with each other in the corner while I sat there starving and looking at the wall like an idiot. Also, the menu has no descriptions so if you are not that familiar with Indian food you are kind of in the dark as far as what you are ordering, though everything I got was pretty good. The sweets are a must-try. All in all its a good but very basic place.

Pros: excellent sweets, good value
Cons: non-helpful staff, limited menu
Agenda
Agenda

Cheap and tasty

4 Posted on 11 / 06 / 2008

It's cheapest indian place I've been to in Bangkok. They sell amazing sweets! Really must try.

Pros: Sweets are delicious!, Cheap, Good variety
Cons: Really basic, Staff somewhat not nice
anis
anis

nice place

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2007

small, basic place, feels like being in India... I enjoyed having a glas of sweet Indian milk tea and some samosas, it's no big deal, no fancy place for going out and dining, but a lovely spot to stop by and have some snacks... if you've been to India you know what I mean

Pros: good value, feels like India, tasty & spicy

Dear Owner and Manager of Punjab Sweets - Chakraphet: