CLOSED: Pulse Cafe Bar

Located above the Rainbow Wholefoods shop. Trendy vegetarian restaurant. SHUT DOWN JUN 2013 CONFIRMED BY ITS WEBSITE. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine

Purple Cobwebs
Purple Cobwebs

Lovely food, lovely location

5 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2013

We turned up here cold and wet after walking through Norwich in the rain! The staff were all very welcoming, and the food was tasty and warming.
It was quite a busy day, but the service was still good.
We are both vegan and found there to be a good selection of vegan options available.
We'll definitely be back.
We then visited Rainbow below and spent a fortune on Booja Booja truffles!!!!!

Pros: Tasty vegan Food, Lovely place, Great staff
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Lovely

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2012

Nice vegetarian restaurant with at least half of the menu vegan options and lots of gluten-free, all clearly marked. We had a wrap and a burger which were both tasty. Also the vegan chocolate brownie for desert was to die for. Nice space upstairs and a lovely outside courtyard too.

Pros: Tasty food, Plenty of vegan options
Liam Wilson
Liam Wilson

Good Food, Strange experience...

4 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2011

There's not much to eat in Norwich for an unacquainted and wandering vegan after dark. I almost didn't find this place, locals didn't have any idea where it was, and I swear I only found it by luck and a lot of trail and error. I saw a sign on the sidewalk pointing down a driveway of sorts leading to the restaurant. Once inside, relieved, I couldn't wait to eat, and the smell upon entering was mouth-watering. My date and I ordered one of the specials, a pumpkin soup which was absolutely incredible. One thing though - we found a toothpick in the soup!? Either way, instead of being disgusted, the flavors had us so distracted they, as confused as we were, just brought us another and the matter was settled. We ordered quite a bit, and everything was seasonally tailored and tasty, even the desserts. Not soup-kitchen prices, but worth it for the simultaneously classy yet hip vibe.

Pros: Specials, Atmosphere, Service
Cons: Hard to find
LaVanessa
LaVanessa

Big portions!

3 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2010

Had lunch here with a friend on a Monday afternoon. The place seemed busy but service was quick. I had a yummy sage and squash soup for starters, needed salt though. For mains I had a spicy bean burger with sweet potato chips. I ended up taking the chips back in a doggy bag because the burger was very filling. I came in with the intention of having dessert but I just couldn't do it. Prices were very reasonable. I was pleased to see that they had a vegan wine list. Overall, a nice place in Norwich city centre, cosy ambiance. Recommended.
Updated from previous review on Friday December 10, 2010

Pros: good value, big portions
Cons: big portions
Ellio
Ellio

Bit lacking

3 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

Been quite a few times over the years but never had particularly good food. Menu looks good but vegan food was a bit... lacking. I thought it was quite expensive for a vegetarian place. Don't plan to go again. Nice atmosphere though.

Pros: Relaxed, Central
Cons: Expensive
nclarken
nclarken

Really quite agreeable

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2009

Pulse has undoubtedly changed over the short number of years it has been open, and thankfully improved immeasurably. A trendy bar and restaurant situated in a beautiful courtyard location there are tables inside and out, as well as sofas and a bar. Normally relatively quiet, usually it isn't necessary to reserve a table, even at peak times.

The food is inexpensive with a varied menu as well as daily specials, vegan options are clearly marked. What the meals lack in complexity is compensated by the large serving sizes and originality of many of the dishes. Service is prompt and the staff helpful.

Pros: Price, Location
Guest
Guest

What a shame

2 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2007

Had high hopes for this place - it seemed different, the food seemed interesting but unfortunately it's been inconsistant. Then recently my wife had to complain about something and when she phoned the "manager" told her she was lying, refused to give her name and hung up. What a shame. Won't go again.

Pros: Could be good but ...
Cons: Terrible management

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Pulse Cafe Bar: