Family-owned vegetarian catering business. Menu includes many vegan and celiac items. All sweets are mainly vegan. Menu also includes samosas, bhajis, Kachori,Pakora,Dhokra,and Bhel. Cater parties and festivals at reasonable rates. They deliver weekly meals. more-less
57 St Mary's Rd
Southampton, England SO14 OBH
  • Cash only

First Review by PhilKat
teafour2
teafour2

Lovely sweets and very helpful

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2015

Went here for the first time a few weeks ago. The shop is set up like a takeaway with a small customer area and a counter from where you are served. The lady who served me couldn't have been more helpful, advising me exactly which sweets were vegan and which weren't and why. A colourful and very appealing range of indian sweets are available. Never really having tried indian sweets before I was able to have a few little samples before choosing what I wanted; some had the consistency of coconut ice, some of shortbread, all very tasty. There were around 5 or 6 vegan types so I got a selection and paid by the weight. I have been back since and had some of the savoury snacks (pakoras/samosas etc)on offer - again the lady gave me a full run down of the ingredients and which ones were vegan.

Pros: helpful staff, good choice for vegans, all tasted good
Cons: I ate all the sweets in one night!
PhilKat
PhilKat

Party food

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2013

Puja bakery provided us with excellent samosas, onion bhajis, pakoras etc for a 60th birthday party on 17 August. Everything was freshly cooked that morning and was appreciated by guests, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Excellent value.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Welcoming staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Puja Sweet Mart: