Sells organic, natural, and earth friendly products and food. Has vegetarian and non-veg. more-less

First Review by gr8vegan
lulu_k
lulu_k

No vegan prepared foods but...

3 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2012

I go there for the vegan frozen snacks, like vegetable spring rolls and gardein products that are hard to find

Traveling gal
Traveling gal

Lots of Variety

4 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2012

Publix has a lot of interesting veggie frozen and boxed foods that Whole Foods doesn't have. Prices are comparable to WF, though sometimes WF is cheaper and vice versa. I have never tried their take out or deli foods, so can't attest to how veggie or vegan they are.

phyllisboca
phyllisboca

GreenWise is great!!

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

Very nice selection of organic but also convenient for all conventional groceries - paper goods, cleaning stuff, etc. Nice one-stop shopping. Wish they would stock Oasis Non - fat Hummus. I'll suggest that next time I'm there.

thrash632
thrash632

Vegans should pass on this place

1 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2011

I went there hoping to get something to eat that was vegan in the prepared foods area. The best I could find is a veggie wrap without dressing (it contained goat's milk). I noticed the person behind the counter preparing a roast beef sandwich before they made my wrap. They used the same knife to cut my wrap and they never changed their gloves. I told them I wouldn't eat it and left. It irks me that Publix is flaunting the "green" image without offering anything remotely vegan at least. There really is no difference between Greenwise Publix and regular Publix. They're just trying to cash in on the Whole Foods crowd.

Cons: nothing "green" about it, nothing vegan in prepared foods
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Not too bad

3 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2010

This is right next to a huge shopping mall that includes a Maoz. While the organic products are the same price as Whole Foods, Publix Greenwise (which is a modified Publix) they have many regular supermarket products mixed in so it satisfies the shopper who has trouble adapting to Whole Foods or other health food stores

Pros: mostly everything whole foods carries, tons of stuff a regular store carries
Cons: not much vegan in the prepared foods

Dear Owner and Manager of Publix GreenWise Market: