Protein Bar - Franklin St

Serves meat, veg options available. Chain of casual, healthier food concept restaurant. Menu has vegan items with tofu, vegan cheese, quinoa, chili with soy protein, non-dairy milk, smoothies, and fresh juices. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Many vegan options

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2014

This place is very vegan friendly and has a very large menu with many different choices. The prices are reasonable and the food is fresh, the service is fast, and the seating is comfortable.

VeganSally
VeganSally

Great burritos

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2012

Great to have tasty vegan options like this in the Loop. Quinoa burrito is my favorite. So filling I can never finish it all. Their juices are very expensive ($5+) but worth it. You can watch them juice it if you stand at the counter. A great place to come with any type of crowd, veg*ns and meat eaters alike.

mollypitcher
mollypitcher

Wish the Shakes Were Vegan

Posted on 04 / 25 / 2012

Protein Bar is a nice vegan option downtown. I've had the various vegan bowls and they are good and healthy, although I don't really love the vegan cheese, it is good that they offer it. My only complaint is I wish the shakes were vegan, but even their soy protein indicates it includes trace amounts of dairy. I appreciate the fact they are upfront about this and clearly are aware of people's dietary restrictions and concerns. It just makes me said I can't get a Wrigley Peeled, which sounds wonderful!

Pros: Good Value, Friendly Staff, Healthy Food

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Vegan options in the loop

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2010

The first time I ate here I got just the veggie chili and thought it was OK. I decided to give PB another shot and went with the vegan quinoa burrito, and to my surprise they had Daiya vegan cheese - this made my burrito 800 times more tasty. My favorite meal here thus far is the vegan quinoa chili topped with the vegan cheese. PB is the only place in the loop I know of that has vegan cheese, so props to them and thanks for making it easier for vegans to find lunch options in the loop. Please note, that I'm recommending this for lunch, if you're from out of town I suggest trying some of our 100% veg*n places first.

Dear Owner and Manager of Protein Bar - Franklin St: