Shabby chic style vegan patisserie/bakery and chocolaterie. Offers vegan tartes, brownies, mousse au chocolat, chocolate, smoothies, shakes, ice cream. more-less
Haimhauserstr. 3a (near Münchner Freiheit)
Munich, Germany 80802

Open Fri 1-6pm, Sat 1-4pm, but varies so must call ahead.

First Review by nina e.
unwesen
unwesen

I could eat so much there that I'd explode

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

Easily the best vegan baking that I've sampled! Also, fantastic chocolates, great coffee! Love the atmosphere, the staff are very friendly!

I am just torn whether I should be happy or sad it's on the other side of the town from us. It's probably better for my health that it is ;)

Pros: Flavour, Friendly staff, Price
DJMToronto
DJMToronto

incredible vegan baked goods

4 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2013

I made a special trip on my second day in Munich to visit Princess Schokobar and it was worth the effort. They had incredible looking fancy cakes, chocolates and baked goods, but my dining partner and I each chose a simpler, more traditionally "German" style Kuchen/cake. We had an apple cake and a hazelnut cake. Both were amazing. The apple cake was moist and delicious and the hazelnut cake really tasted of hazelnuts. All their goods are fair trade & organic (so kudos for that!).

We ordered a double espresso and a latte machiato which were reasonably good. (I wouldn't travel there for the coffee alone, but they were above average.) Next time I will try their chocolate Sachertort and perhaps a hot chocolate (which you can have plain or flavoured with chili, cinnamon or ginger).

All in all I found it worth the trip. Our cake and coffee came to !2.65 EUROS, which seems reasonable for Munich and great considering it's fair trade, organic, vegan and delicious.

I did have a hard time figuring out their hours from their minimal web presence, but was fortunate they were open when we arrived. Also, not having a public washroom was a small drawback, though this isn't uncommon for small food shops in Germany.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 15, 2013

Pros: incredible vegan sweets, friendly atmosphere/service
Cons: unpredictable hours, no public washroom
olgucz
olgucz

wear a dress and bring your girlfriends!

5 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2013

a well hidden patisserie full of delicious chocolate goodness!
exquisite cakes and all sorts of pastry and pralines you can think of. prices are steep, but I haven't had a complex dessert in ages, so I had to go there.
it's funny how they don't advertise as vegan to fool the non-believers.

Pros: great selection, tasty, dollhouse atmoshpere
Cons: pricey
manulaX1
manulaX1

Visit them on your stay in Munich? Forget about it

2 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2013

Even though Princess SchokoBar seems to be the #1 choice in Munich when it comes to all-vegan patisserie and chocolaterie, it's hard to get in touch with them and their often changing opening hours makes it impossible to visit them if you not nearby all the time.

I've been traveling to their bar 4 times but now, just to find out they are closed that very day.

It seems like a joke that their blackboard at the front door says "open Monday - Saturday" but their actual new opening times have been reduced to Fri 1-6pm, Sat 1-4pm. The neighbours of Princess SchokoBar told me that they have closed their doors earlier quite often in the past. That makes it impossible for Munich visitors on holiday to see them.

On a side note, friend of mine was told by the owner that they do not like to answer the phone because it's annoying. I've made an example and tried to call them on their new opening times - without any success.

Pros: Fine chocolaterie... I guess!
Cons: Often changing opening hours, Can't be reached by phone, Opening hours hard to find on website
vegadodo
vegadodo

Very beautiful Cafe near Münchner Freiheit

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2013

Offers sweets, coffee and tea in all varieties. The interior is very nicely decorated! Reasonable priced. I had a very tasty and not too sweet Chocholate Cream Tarte and a Cappuccino

Pros: Organic Fairtrade Vegan, Yummy, Beautiful
lewisjc
lewisjc

chocolate madness

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

I am not really a big sweet lover but the cakes in here were amazing !!
Petty they didn't do more savoury stuff

Pros: Lots of cakes
Cons: only cakes
hack_man
hack_man

Vegan Chocolate Boutique

3 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2011

Visited on a Sunday so there were no savoury things available such as quiches or waffles. This is essentially a vegan chocolate paradise with an amazing range of chocolates and impressively designed cakes. A bit like an exclusive boutique inside, maybe over the top and slightly pretentious but its something different and unique. Not for me but I'd definitely go again just for the vegan confectionery.

Pros: cakes, chocolate
Aziraphale
Aziraphale

Excellent cakes

5 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2011

I stumbled upon this shop by accident when looking for another shop. It was near closing time but there still was a greater selection of vegan cakes than I ever encountered. I bought 4 of them to take to my non-vegan friend who I was visiting. We both absolutely loved the cakes and I think she was a bit surprised that there was no "weird" taste or aftertaste to them. They are not exactly cheap, but well worth their price. My only regret is, that I don't live near Munich so I can't order a wedding cake for my wedding next year from them.
I also got some vegan cake toppers from them.

Pros: The cakes, Friendly staff
Cons: British Royal Family decoration
nina e.
nina e.

best organic patisserie in munich

5 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2010

I love this place, it's friendly, nice, my favorite cakes are peartarte with crumbles and the chocolate-ganache-strawberry-tartelettes. The Nougat-Truffle are the best I've ever tried.

Pros: excellent sweets, friendly staff, wonderful place for girls

Dear Owner and Manager of Princess SchokoBar: