Serving home-style international dishes with vegan, macrobiotic, and allergy-friendly options using local, seasonal, and organic products. Also offers workshops and personal health advice. Kitchen closes 11pm. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, International, Portugese, Macrobiotic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Rua do Salvador 64A

Sarah Baker
Sarah Baker

A cozy vegan place

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2015

We had a very nice dinner here. Good food (not a very elaborate menu though) and drinks and a lovely cake for dessert. Admittedly it is not on the list of cheap places, but I found it fair.

Also, the atmosphere is cozy and the staff very friendly. This is a place where you can enjoy an evening out with some friends (though it is small - you might want to reserve).

Pros: Good quality food, Nice atmosphere , Friendly staff
Cons: Moderate prices, Short menu
Moehritz
Moehritz

Decent cake

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2015

While the cakes we tried tasted quite good, the savoury dishes didn't meet our expectations. The soup was served lukewarm and had to be reheated.

Pros: friendly staff, good cake
chrdold
chrdold

so much beauty

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2015

I had a salad, a chocolate cake, some chocolate salami and a coconut ball. Left out the main dish because the salad was already quite big and yummy and I couldn´t resist the variety of desserts.
The dishes were arranged really lovely. As I call the owner my friend I asked if he did that for me and he said "nope, it´s always like this"

Pros: beautiful people, beautiful dishes, beautiful place
Cons: there comes a time you have to leave

TerezaAndrysova
TerezaAndrysova

Little disappointing

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

We visited this place after Te food temple restaurant, and this was very disappointing for us. The food had no flavour, little portions, my boyfriend didnt get his food enought heated, so it was a bit pity as it was rainy and cold. Only good things were their desserts, we tried the cake and chocolate salami.
Would be helpfull if u have clue how to get there as the map doesnt really help much as the streets look all the same.
Its near the crossing of tram 12 and 28, where the view point is. U have to continue walk where the tram 12 goes.

Pros: Nice staff
Cons: Small portions, Difficult to find
biba
biba

Overrated!

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2014

Really small portions, quite expensive. The beer is cheap. Staff is very nice. I can recommand the nachos with hummus and olives. The moussaka is just Zucchini with eggplant and Brokkoli. Nothing else. I won't eat a second time here.

Pros: cheap beer
Cons: really small portions
Siouxsie
Siouxsie

a big delusion...

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

We tried this place because we've read here that it was so nice but in reality it was a real delusion!! Expensive, not so yummy: the soup seemed to be the spinach cooking water!!! The quiche seemed to have inside the meal of the day before.... The only good thing is that is very central....

KathleenSchmalz
KathleenSchmalz

Vegan Paradise!

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

Dieser kleine süsse komplett vegane Laden hat sooo verdammt gutes Essen! Veganes Ceviche, gebratene (homemade)Gnocchi mit Karotten u.Zuccinistreifen

Pros: Very good Food, Clean, Service is great
Cons: ..., ..., ...
Misscoriander
Misscoriander

Very Nice People But Food Not So Good

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

Its a really lovely place in alfama and the service was very friendly.im sorry to say that the main course wasnt good.we had a indian curry and as the cook was an indian guy it disappointed me.it was bland and a very small portion.the carob cake for desert was good and well decorated.

Pros: Location, Service, Cake
Cons: Main Course
Elvie
Elvie

Lovely place with tasty, healthy food

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2014

Really nice! Small, cosy place, nice friendly staff, great food, nice location behind the castle. The vegan lasagne I had was my favourite meal from my stay in Lisbon.

Pros: Delicious food, Cosy atmosphere, Friendly staff
hack_man
hack_man

The Princess & the Castle

Posted on 09 / 04 / 2014

Set quite high up in a windy and hilly Lisbon neighbourhood behind the castle. This is what real Lisbon street life is all about away from the tourist traps. We had the nachos with humus & olives to share which was a perfect start to the day. Main courses include a mango and seitan curry or a Hungarian goulash at €8. Wine and beer are also served here. Prices are excellent together with friendly staff and a legendary interior making the Princesa a royal veggie venue. I can imagine it being quite amazing at night.

Pros: location , friendly, prices
Anandi
Anandi

Treasure in Portugal

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

I was so happy to find sentient food in the heart of Lisbon, highly recommended,everyday they have new dishes and gluten free and sentient. Will surly return! Thanks a lot! Love is all there is!

Pros: Great food, nice ambience, friendly staff
JeanFormagio
JeanFormagio

Delicious and excellent

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

I was here during my last trip to Lisbon, the food is amazing the best lasagna, burritos and Buddha's bowl very tasty food,well prepared and friendly staff. They also have fresh juices and super yummy green juice, the desserts and moth watering too. Highly recommended and even my non-vegetarian friends loved the food!!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Great value for wallet
turnipb
turnipb

ok

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2014

ok for what it is, one does not get much vegan food in this city. overpriced some of the dishes quite tasty.

srsg
srsg

Overrated

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

The meal I had in this restaurant was the worst I've ever had in any restaurant in my life. Seriously. And the person who came with me agrees. The food was extremely salty, with no taste and too much cooked. The ingredients had no quality; the bread of the burger was the same as the hotdogs', which we buy in the supermarket and the chips (fries) were potato straws (shoestring potato) bough also in the supermarket (those two things were NOT made in the restaurant, that I know). The price was absurd.
I live in Lisbon and this may be the worst vegetarian restaurant in the city. [edit by staff]

Pros: good decoration, good location
Cons: horrible food, the staff could be more nice
necroticheart
necroticheart

Warm and spicy.

Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

I loved the space :) the salami is addictive.

MMCM
MMCM

and the Princess is...

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

A beautiful, creative, wooden floor. A friendly staff. A central position. What else do you want?... good food? Assured.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, warm design
Cons: slightly expensive
lironpi
lironpi

expensive

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

Although lisbon doesn't have a lot of vegan places...this restaurant which was right next to the apartment we stayed in was a disappointment. The staff is very nice and the place is clean but comparing to other places the price is very high for what u get. We ate there twice, the vegan burger is nice but the borrito is realy weird and tatally fell apart when we tried to eat it, the salad that came with it was very plain just a couple of lettuce leaves with some tomatos . We paid 20 euros for 2 *small* main dishes and one soft drink. Over all it's good to have all vegan place in a city with not many options but the prices are high.

Pros: all vegan, clean
Cons: expensive, small dishes,
JasmijnBoonstra
JasmijnBoonstra

delicious!!!

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

We went for a late lunch. The food was great and very healthy!! The people who work there are very friendly!! The pices are reasonable, for under €30 for 2persons, 1 starter, 2 main course and 2 dessert..
We would reccomend this place if you are a veggie!!

AndreiaCarvalhoM
AndreiaCarvalhoM

Delicious Restaurant

Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

Last saturday night i went to 'Princesa do Castelo' to have a celebrate dinner and i spent such a good time! First of all due to the kind and sweet atmosphere that lives there, courtesy of Sofia, really nice and pleasant, and especially because of the delicious food we tasted. So talented vegan chef, Nandan D Bhoopalam, has presented us with a original and tasty food, in one of the best restaurants i was in my life.
For sure i will return it.
Thank you!

Andreia

Pros: Excellent Food, Plenty of healthier options, Really nice presentation of dishes
Cons: Maybe add a little more amount in dishes
PedroBeltrao
PedroBeltrao

Revamped and 100% Vegan

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2014

I've been following Princesa do Castelo on facebook for quite a while, and I noticed they were revamping the place since the end of 2013. This Friday (25/04/14) I went back to check their page and saw they are finally open and as a 100% Vegan restaurant. Went there 2 consecutive days, once in the afternoon to eat a cake and once to eat lunch and let me tell you, both were really good. They have around 4 to 5 dishes, soup and 2 deserts every day. You must taste their vegan cakes.

Both the food and the atmosphere were awesome.
The food is 100% organic.
The fresh squeezed juices are great.

Pros: Organic Vegan, Fresh food and juices, Great taste
Cons: Should have some vegan sandwiches in the, Prices should be toned down a little
thomas_b
thomas_b

Interesting menu

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

It was a nice evening in this restaurant. Thex have a great menu with intersecting meals.
The dinner we had was good.
The atmosphere was also good!

heuschrecke
heuschrecke

Nice restaurant in Alfama

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I went to this restaurant for dinner and the menu left me with lots of vegan choices. I had the Piroggi which were good but the portion was very small. The cake I ordered afterwards (because I was still hungry) was good and I liked that it was apparantely made without or with little sugar.
The atmosphere and the decoration are nice and the location is ideal. Only the staff was very inattentive and never came to my table.

Pros: choice of food, atmosphere, location
Cons: small portions, inattentive staff
MatthewBright
MatthewBright

A vegan oasis

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

If you are going to Lisbon, then you should add this restaurant to your 'to-do list'. Its location is ideal, in the centre of the Alfama region. We couldn't believe the menu when we first saw it. In fact, there was so much on offer the hardest decision was what to have, as opposed to should we eat there. Ultimately we ate there for lunch and dinner, with both meals lovingly prepared with fresh ingredients there and then. The owners, who I wish I had asked the names of, were so friendly and helpful I didn't really want to leave!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Location, Price
Guest
Guest

Great vegetarian restaurant and homemade food

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

1 March 2013 Brenda S, London, Großbritannien

We stopped by in the afternoon and had lovely cups of tea and small bites of sushi, samosas and then dessert. Our host and owner was incredibly prompt and helpful giving us directions to the closest local store for bananas and oranges. We left there having eaten loads of little finger foods and tea for 2 all for 8 euros. The atmosphere was very homestyle with hand painted walls and about 6 tables. It was small, cozy, clean, welcoming and incredibly affordable.

Pros: excellent homemade dishes, vegetarian and vegan food, options for allergic people

Dear Owner and Manager of Princesa do Castelo: