Little vegetarian snack bar serving sandwiches, pizza, lasagna, fresh juices, infusions, and desserts. Food can be made vegan by omitting cheese or yogurt. Ask for the separate vegan menu. Few small stools for seating. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Western, Pizza, Take-out
Choquechaca 152, Barrio San Blas
Cusco, Peru

Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by vegprasada
SagarKShah
SagarKShah

Delicious but a little cold

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

I ate here in August 2014. Ordered a falafel sandwich (came in ciabatta bread), a lentil burger, and a vegan chocolate brownie. All were absolutely delicious and made to order. Very friendly service too.

The only downside is that it was a little cold to eat there (Cusco is cold), but thankfully there is now another Prasada round the corner on Qanchipata 269 with indoor seating.

Pros: Delicious food, Separate vegan menu, Made to order
Cons: A little cold
DynaMo
DynaMo

Hearty, tasty, good prices

4 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

Great sandwiches, salads and wraps for $1.50-$3 US. Get the falafel salad, or the argentinian burger with delicious garlicky chimichurri sauce. NOTE: You must specify that you want an item vegan. Even if the menu lists the item as vegan, it may arrive with dairy cheese unless you specify. Don't be discouraged if you can't find this place at first - it's there. Ask around. Look for a sign they place out on the sidewalk. Hours vary, always ask when they'll be open next.

Pros: flavorful food, good value, friendly staff
proper or pompous?
proper or pompous?

not so great

2 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

this review is for the prasada at qanchipata 269...
the guy running the joint was behaving like he was on speed. maybe he's just an overly energetic character? when he came to take our order, he immediately pointed out one of the burgers as the best on the menu. i said we were looking for vegan only, to which he answered "yeah, that burger i just told you to get is vegan!" well, it actually came with honey mustard. when i pointed that out, again he said "yeah, it's vegan." when i tried to tell him most vegans don't eat honey, he just got annoyed and walked away.
beyond that guy acting like an a$$hole, the food was average at best. it was cheap though. lunch for two people came to about $7 u.s. dollars.

HeatherMeagher
HeatherMeagher

nice portions, good food

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

I had a large falafel tortilla salad plate for only 6.50 soles. Just make sure you indicate that you want the item vegan. I thought the vegan symbol on the menu meant the item was vegan, but it means it can be made vegan.

robertkarlstrom
robertkarlstrom

awesome, cheap and friendly

5 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

Came 2 days in a row for the vegetarian taco. Service is fast and the menu wide. Closing at 9 pm on weekdays.

Be sure to check it out!!

aisawesome
aisawesome

yummy food but often closed?

4 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2013

As 2 vegans, we were very lucky that this restaurant was 2 or 3 blocks from our hotel! We both got the mexican burger with chips which was really good! (although I think they mix guacamole and ketchup..think next time I'd just want it with guacamole). The most amazing part was dessert!!! Chocolate covered strawberry jam filling cookie. was so crunchy! We both got 2 1/2 (shared the last one) they were sooo good. I could have had 10 more. I asked the woman working if they'd have more the following day she said yes. Everyone working was very nice and helpful! However, the next day they were closed...and we tried to go back a few days later and they were closed again..so that was a bit of a bummer :( no hours listed. Was really hoping to go back a second time, especially to get the cookie! I guess I will just have to dream about it.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 12, 2013

Pros: friendly staff, amazing dessert, yummy food
Cons: no idea when the hours are
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Greatest falafel sandwich ever

5 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

This place was one of my best food experiences in peru. It was hard to find and to get it OPEN, but when I did it was totally worth it.
The owner/cook was a very kind woman who made a great falafel sandwich for me and my girlfriend. She also made another sandwich of something I can't remember (lentil, maybe) that was equally delicious. Both of them were vegan by request.

Pros: Delicious, cheap, kind owner
Cons: hard to find it open
Scrablero
Scrablero

run, don't walk!

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2012

Finally, finally, a veggie place in South America that knows how to serve delicious food. This humble hole-in-the-wall cranks out mouth-watering burgers, felafel, soups, and salads at dirt-cheap prices. Seating is a bit cramped, being stools and narrow counters to hold the food. But this is a quibble--the food is fantastic and portions ample.

eiros
eiros

Amazing burgers

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

There are at least two locations for Prasada in Cusco (with a possible third). The two I went to with the girfriend were both in the San blas area, 2 mins from each other. The first restaurant is located on Aventuras Tierras Mojadas off a set of stairs. This is a small sit down cafe with a decent menu offered. We had the lunch special for 12 soles which was a double veg burger and a jug of juice. There are several varieties of burger offered, each with a different sauce - I had the original with guacamole (Mexican). My girlfriend had the Texan which was an onion sauce, which I personally preferred but both were awesome.

The second prasada we went to was on Choquechaca. A little kitchen located in a breezeway with 4 seats. Here we both had the Prasada burger on the special menu for 8 soles. This burger had a mix of all the sauces available and was amazing - I think the pesto sauce (Italian) made it. This prasada offered little desert balls made with spelt flour, quinoa, carrot and coconut for one sole each - awesome.

We went back to the larger prasada again while in cusco and had the lunch special for 8 soles. We got A lemongrass tea, vegetable wontons, fried rice and some pineapple for desert. The fried rice was dissapointing as it was unfortunately way too salty (too the point of being almost inedible). My girlfriend couldn't finish hers and I finished mine with a very dry tongue. The vegetable wontons in comparison were beautiful.

I would reccomend the burgers and the lasagne looked really good too. You can eat off the menu for 4-8 soles and they seem to cater for vegans also.

Pros: best burgers, English spoken, great value
Cons: occasionally not all items on menu offered
jkwchui
jkwchui

Great vegetarian place!

5 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2011

This is possibly the best vegetarian restaurant I've been to in my 2 months in S America, with very affordable prices. In fact, I liked it so much that I went back multiple times to both of their locations in my several days in Cusco. Delicious soup/main/drink for 8 soles (USD $2).

The daily menu of their sit-down restaurant changes, with a variety of international veggie choices available. Fresh ingredients; not everything in their printed menu was available. Gracious hosts at both the sit-down restaurant and the little alley-shop locations.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly (and English-speaking) staff, Affordable
Cons: Not all items on menu avlb on given day
Alexandre Miziara
Alexandre Miziara

Great food!

5 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2011

Great food with low cost.
Perfect seasoning!
I used to eat there everyday when I was in Cusco and when I come back I will certainly do that again.
It seems strange to have such good food in a little place like that but that's when we realize that good food doesn't need fancy places. Love when cooking and good service make all the difference...

Pros: perfect seasoning, good price
bobbyarroyo
bobbyarroyo

Great, But Difficult Find

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2011

This restaurant was hard to find, but I'm glad I found it. The first problem in finding this place is that on Choquechaca street there is a sign that reads "veg food" that points you in the opposite direction. Do not follow this sign; it leads you to a veg-friendly restaurant (El Encuentro). Go instead the opposite way. The second problem is that it's not really located at "Choquechaca 152."

Well, once you find it they will have amazing, good food. I recommend the Italian burger. It's dressed with pesto. The pizzas are made fresh in an oven and can be made vegan. Also try the "platano-maracuya" juice mix (banana-passion fruit).

The only bad thing I can say about this place is about its size: it is a really small place with about seven seats only. When you finally do sit down, it's as if you were sitting outside in the cold. However, the food makes up for it.

There is also another Prasada restaurant neary-by that actually has proper seating. It's on the same street (Choquechaca), but there are some stairs that lead up to it. The owner gave me this address:

Prasada "Pura Vida"
Qanchipata 269 (San Blas neighborhood)
Opened Monday-Friday 14-15 & 6-9, Saturday from 12-18

Good luck finding the place!

Pros: Great tasting food!, Good value
Cons: Limited seating
Sweet AnnMarie
Sweet AnnMarie

Best Veg Food in Cusco!!!

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2011

This is my favorite vegetarian restaurant/hang-out spot in Cusco! The portions are large, the price is great and Gina and Hans, the owners, have warm and welcoming vibes! This place attracts a conscious, healthy crowd and I have met many amazing people at this spot. I just saw the menu for the new Prasada Pura Vida, opening down the road, and it looks absolutely delicious, with even more options (the most options I've seen anywhere in Cusco.)
QUE RICCO!!!

Pros: healthy cusine, tasty, friendly staff
Cons: none
zitasweden
zitasweden

Best vegan food in Cusco!!

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2011

Extremely good, cheap vegan food served by very nice owner. A must in Cusco! Juices mixed with soy milk. Vegan cakes. =) Only bad is that it's outside and can be very cold.

Pros: nice owner, excellent food, good value
Cons: cold in vinter
kidtbot
kidtbot

Best Vegetarian

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2010

Prasada was a gem in Cusco!

My friends and I had been travelling Peru for 3 weeks before stumbling upon Prasada. It is hard to find vegetarian food in Peru, and harder to find GOOD vegetarian!

Prasada was hands down the BEST food we'd eaten on our trip. After finding them, I think I retured once a day to enjoy their food and their friendliness. They always greeted everyone with a smile.

I simply cannot say enough good things about this restaurant.

Try the falafel tacos, or the mexican burger - both exceptionally delicious. Do not pass up on the freshly blended juices, which are served in enormous beer glasses.

Wish we had a Prasada in Toronto!

Pros: Fantastic staff/owners, Incredible food, Great value
Ethan
Ethan

Great Little Hole-in-the-Wall Joint

4 Posted on 11 / 29 / 2010

After 8 days of running around Peru and having limited vegan food options in mostly rural places, it was wonderful to find Prasada, around the corner from my hotel. The owners are lovely, friendly and can take any of their dishes and make them vegan (essentially, leaving out the cheese.) I went one night for dinner and the next day for a take-away lunch.

For dinner we had their vegan veggie lasagna and it was really good; great cheesey-texture but without any cheese or mock-cheese. We also had their Fallafel Taco. I felt that the Fallafel balls were a bit over-fried and too hard on the outside but the overall flavor was lovely and went very well with the "salad" options in the taco. Their freshly squeeze juices were great. My husband had the "Naranja" (orange juice) and I had the "Maracunya" (Passionfruit). For dessert, we tried the almond cookies which were great. All of this, combined, cost 24 Sols, which is about $8 USD. $8 for an ENTIRE, large, meal for 2 adults. Amazing.

The next day, we returned for a take-out lunch; My husband did the Fallafel sandwich this time, since he enjoyed it so much as a taco the night before and he was equally pleased. I tried the "Mexican Hamburger" which was a a lentil-burger with avocado, tomato, lettuces and served with Chinese-style crunchy noodles. Very tasty. For dessert, I tried the vegan Hallava. This tasted less like traditional Hallava which, for me, is a good thing. The crushed dates, sesame, coconut, almost and citrus rind made a delightful, palate-cleansing finale to a lovely afternoon lunch. This cost 12 Soles, which is about $4 USD. Again, amazingly inexpensive.

The restaurant is located at the address listed here on Happy Cow, though don't use the "Map" function, as it's off, by a few blocks. Just follow the numbers and you'll see it, just next to the larger "Chocolate" sign, two doors down (which, by the way, does have a FEW vegan-chocolate options worth checking out.)

I really enjoyed Prasada, as much for it's no-frills, eating-in-an-alleyway, down-to-earth vibe and the lovely, friendly owners/staff, as I did the delicious, vegan food. It's a "be sure to not miss it" place in the heart of Cusco.

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Vegan-friendly
Guest
Guest

Hidden jewel

5 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2010

Prasada is a wonderful small vegie food place, with creative, good looking, good tasting food. Try the falafel taco or the lasagna. A definite go in Cusco!

Pros: Good food, Great service
Cons: Limited seats, Outside
Jola-rouge
Jola-rouge

Favorite little Vegan place in Cusco!!

5 Posted on 09 / 15 / 2010

Wow, food is amazing at Prasada!! Gina, one of the owners is an absolute sweetheart... you can feel and taste the care and love that goes into the food. Sure, the little alley way may not be the spacious fine cuisine atmosphere yet this was my absolute favorite spot to eat at... and being surrounded by yoga posters and love made it only that much more welcoming! Only purified water was used for cleaning all veggies! Thanks Gina, you're fabulous!!

Pros: exquisite food, super friendly folk, inexpensive
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

tasty takeout window

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2010

While on our trip in Peru, we ate dinner at Prasada one night and were quite pleased. The guy spoke English and was super nice, so it was easy to modify any menu items to vegan (he even noted he needs to add more vegan items!). We each got a papaya juice and shared the margarita pizza, the mediterranean pizza and the hamburger sandwich (all with no cheese). It was all flavorful and filled us up. We sat outside the service window on some stools and enjoyed the evening. Check it out if you are in Cusco.

Pros: good price, friendly place, will modify to vegan
Cons: more veggie than vegan
jpu
jpu

mmmm

5 Posted on 04 / 19 / 2010

Had a really nice Falafel here. Friendly, good food and cheap. defo recommend

meredith
meredith

absolutely DELICIOUS

5 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2010

Almost missed this place, but I'm so glad I didn't.

Ate the tacos without cheese two lunches in a row... my husband had falafel which he said was DELICIOUS. The first day, there were no vegan desserts, but the H had alfajores that he said were awesome. The next day, they had VEGAN cake. So good. seriously.

It's a couple of doors down from the chocolate place you see on several tourist maps.

Not sure why it says that the price is moderate.... should say INEXPENSIVE. We paid less than 15 soles (about $5 USD) for a large jugo mixto (juice), dos tacos vegetarianos, un sandwich, y una torta vegana (vegan cake). One of the cheapest places we ate at the whole time... and we ate at a lot of restaurants in Cusco. Don't miss this place.

Pros: not expensive at all, served VERY quickly, friendly
Cons: not a lot of seating
Artikai
Artikai
  • raw

Fair, honest and awesome food

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2010

I've been hanging out in Cusco for a few daysand have been back to this place at least 3 times. The food is excellent, it is very fairly priced (as most of cusco is overpriced by far)and they speak English excellently, which is great for me as my Spanish is rubbish. They often made stuff off themenu or modified dishes to suit me.

Pros: Awesome food, Cheap, Speak English

Dear Owner and Manager of Prasada: