Prana Health Food and Resta...

Deli and market. This small health food store is located in a strip-mall on 36th Street, just east of 826, and offers natural juices and a daily buffet for $10 featuring a variety of vegetarian hot and cold foods, such as lasagna, yuca, quinoa, tofu scramble, lentil soup, a mixed green salad, and other vegetarian items. Stocks books, incense, and products for sale. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out

AlmaCorazon
AlmaCorazon

Fantastic

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

Love this place, from the food to the service. I'm here at least twice a month.

Pros: Food, Variety of Food, Service
Cristina915
Cristina915

OMnomnomnomnom

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

The food was wholistically delicious! I had the eggplant lasagna (which blew my mind all the way to cloud 9), stuffed green pepper, tofu with veggies, and boiled veggies in some brown sauce. WOW! $9, ate like a piglet, and I don't feel grossly stuffed or weighed down with grease. This is officially my go-to place whenever I don't bring lunch from home. I didn't have a chance to soak in the atmosphere, but I was completely charmed with the Indian decorations and songs in the background. I highly recommend the place. :D

Pros: Close to work, Fairly priced, Atmosphere
Cons: Styrofoam plates, Hidden in a corner of the plaza

AnnFromIllinois
AnnFromIllinois

Hidden vegan/vegetarian lunch spot

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2011

I found this place on Happy Cow and went there for lunch during a business trip. The dining area is nothing special but the food is great! The ladies behind the counter are exceptionally nice and friendly. Lunch was a buffet of several soups, salads and main dishes. You get one plate and can load it up. I give high marks for the food, but I'm taking off one star for the plastic silverware and styrofoam take-out containers.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Nice staff
Cons: Decor isn't impressive, plastic spoons and forks
miksmi
miksmi

Tasty & healthy -- fast!

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2011

About 6-7 vegan and vegetarian entrees and 2 soups were offered buffet style. Some dishes had textured vegetable protein (TVP), chewy seitan (wheat gluten), or crunchy fried tofu; some had vegetables only. All were seasoned well, some mild, some spicy; none were over-salted, a pet peeve of mine. Though not labeled, the staff happily described the dishes and insisted I try a few samples. Juice bar, health drinks, and shakes (spirulina, banana, etc.). Fixed price of $9, what a bargain!

I eat here when in town for my wife's business conference at the Doral Golf Resort & Spa (no vegan options there!).

Pros: variety, fast, inexpensive
bettyshablul
bettyshablul

great place

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2009

love it! food is so good!!! clean and just very peacefull

Pros: taste, clean, freindly
Cons: far from my home :)
orod
orod

Fabulous Food Friendly atmosphere

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2008

I first visited Prana because I found it on Happy Cow. I have been coming here for about a year. The food is always good with vegan options that vary. I have also made it the place where I shop for my vitamins and food products that are hard to find anywhere else in the area. The staff is very friendly.

Pros: food, discounted vitamins, clean
Cons: music sometimes
pupa
pupa

not a place for a date, but for a delicious meal

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2007

Defenately religious orientated! all the posters, books( most of them in Spanish) and the music! And as a contrast one can find mostly plasic jars of pills( vitamins, suplaments, proteins,etc.) on the shelfs! An atmosphere that is not making my mouth salivate! But then the music kinda grows on you, it is soothing, and yet passionate! You go to the counter and there is a small warm food station with about 10 choises! I'm already very scaptical, but it's pouring rain outside and i drove 10 miles just to find the place, so we give it a shot! the buffet it $8! very reasonable! the lady guides you through the selections very profoundly, and i try about 5 of them on one plate. Then it all comes togather! the music is still playing and i'm diggin' it even more, and the food is fenomenal! The quinua soup absolutely overwelm me! not to mention , how many places actually serve quinua soup, slightly creamy texture from the sprouted grain with it's pronounsed flavor and fined chopped vegetables to hit the taste buds! not overly seasoned, like the rest of the dishes! everything is clean, delightful and simple! i think one curry dish! the scubled tofu was awesome too, so was the basmati rice! there was a few pasta dishes that i ignored, but i'm sure good also if one is in the mood. All that $8 all you can eat! Hard to beat! And not to forget fresh friut juices make infront of you! definately worth the drive! Just ignore the pills on the shelfs! i know they are kinda annoying:)))

Pros: great food
Cons: store atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Prana Health Food and Restaurant: