Serves meat, veg options available. New Orleans soul food restaurant, cajun-creole style. While there's fish and meat on the menu, all the greens and beans are vegan plus a few veggie sides and salads. Two food court locations at the Louis Armstrong International Airport. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Soul Food, American, Creole, Non-veg

veronicajones
veronicajones

red beans & greens

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

I've been coming here for a long time for the red beans & rice with a side of collards (or mustard greens) and every time I leave full & happy. Really simple, really good.

zaphod
zaphod

Not great beans...

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2014

I had the vegetarian red beans, my wife had the limas..
Red beans were OK, but should have been better (tasted like doctored up form a can). The limas were worse, must have been frozen or canned...

Pros: Location, Better than some
Cons: Lack of flavor
wellread
wellread

Never miss while visiting NOLA

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2012

This is the one place in New Orleans I try to never miss while visiting, even though it's not vegan or even vegetarian. The reason is its excellent rendition of soul food/Louisiana favorites like red beans, chowder peas, greens, and fried okra. In the south, many of these would normally be made with animal fat. At Praline Connection they are vegan and excellent. I normally get the chowder peas, but recently I got the red beans and I'm craving more. That said, the vegetarian choices are pretty small. However, this makes it a good option when you're with a group of non-vegetarians. I usually get a side order of collards or mustard greens to augment the red beans or chowder peas & rice, which are big plates already. Full bar keeps the good times rolling!

Pros: vegan options, red beans and rice, friendly
Cons: limited veggie options

Dear Owner and Manager of Praline Connection: