Powerplant Superfood Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegetarian except for fish. On the menu are tempeh sandwiches, vegan "tuna" salad, plus pasta, and baked goods. Uses organic and locally sourced produce. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Non-veg

Mon-Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 9:00am-4:00pm

First Review by kenvegan
TimEagle
TimEagle

Powerplant became an immediate favorite!

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2015

This place is AMAZING (the food, the people, the other customers), it's like a gathering place for good vibes. I would give it five stars, but Happy Cow only allows a maximum of four stara for non-vegetarian restaurants (and although Powerplant has many vegan options, it isn't strictly vegan, unfortunately, or even vegetarian - they have some seafood... but I don't hold it against them.. lol..)

The owners' love for this place, passion for food, and appreciation of the customers, is apparent in every step of the dining experience. I plan on visiting Powerplant as often as possible!

Pros: HEALTHY food, DELICIOUSNESS galore, AMBIANCE like a big hug
kenvegan
kenvegan

Delicious Organic Food / Small Portions

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2014

Although I prefer to frequent all-vegan restaurants, Powerplant Superfood Cafe is just a few miles away, so I took my bike to the restaurant tonight.

The place is quite small, but cozy, with just a few indoor tables and one or two outdoor tables. My waitress was very kind and helpful, and suggested as a vegan I order the vegan chili and the tempeh reuben.

The chili was quite good. Not the best vegan chili I have had, but it was tasty. I then tried the tempeh reuben. For twelve dollars, I was expecting something larger. When the a woman at the restaurant explained that everything was USDA Certified Organic and local, I realized that the higher prices for smaller portions was justified. The reuben was flavorful, with marinated tempeh, sauerkraut, and a delighful creamy sauce. Don't expect to order vegan cheese at a restaurant like this. One of the owners mentioned that they do not serve any processed foods.

Being that the chili and tempeh reuben were just not enough food for my decent appetite, the waitress recommended I try the "Tuna" sandwich. I enjoyed this even more than the reuben. Unlike other vegan tuna sandwiches I have ordered at other restaurants that use a soy-based tuna, Powerplant uses a chickpea based "tuna" with a creamy sauce. I really enjoyed the flavors and texture of this sandwich, and everything I ordered was very wholesome.

For dessert, I had a maple doughnut. This wasn't a fried-type of doughnut that you might get at a traditional bakery, but a baked doughnut. The doughnuts here are also quite small, but being that I am not a dessert person, the size was definitely large enough for me.

Perhaps I am just so used to larger American portions. These portions are more Euro sizes.

I wouldn't recommend you eat at this restaurant if you have a big appetite unless you are looking to spend over 30 dollars for your meal. I definitely would recommend Powerplant if you are looking for a delicious, organic, wholesome vegan meal, or if you are with "health-minded" non-vegans.

Pros: Organic Food, Friendly Staff, No heavily processed food
Cons: Small Portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Powerplant Superfood Cafe: