Pou Tai Un (提禪院) is the biggest temple on Taipa Island. With colorful painting & a huge bronze statue of Buddha, the temple has a vegetarian restaurant which uses fresh vegetables grown on the temple grounds. No egg used. Directions: Bus to Regency Hotel from Taipa Village, the temple is directly opposite the hotel, or a 1.5 km walk from Taipa village. Call for hours - tell us. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buddhist
Est Lou Lim Yeock 2, Taipa Island (/near Garden of Flower City)
Macau, China
853-28811038

First Review by JohnnySensible
terrenceleong
terrenceleong

Temple restaurant

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2012

This restaurant is inside the temple and is at lower floor.
Food is nice and delicious and served in big portion.
Very nice atmosphere and cosy.

SandyStar
SandyStar

Nice and quiet place

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2011

Very pleasant atmosphere! Only been there once but liked it very much :D

JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Photogenic - in a 150+ year old temple -

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2009

Gorgeous temple - bring a camera, bring a camera, bring a camera - I forgot mine on both of my visits as I was in Macau primarily for business!

In my opinion Pou Tai Un is the loveliest temple on Taipa Island - dating back to the mid-1800's - with very fine painted wooden features & finely cast Buddha / Guan Yin statues.

......plus they have a very fine Buddhist veggy restaurant - often using locally grown fresh vegetables in the dishes - super relaxed atmosphere - everything was freshly prepared each time that I visited.

A memorable place.

One staff member was enthusiastic to tell us something of the history of the temple.

Local people visit / come & go continuously.

Some of the mock-meats probably contain whey powder - I stick to veggies & rice dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of Pou Tai Un: