Portsmouth Health Foods

Has a deli that serves made-to-order sandwiches as well as prepared ones for takeaway. Vegan-friendly. more-less

First Review by Vegan4Life26
passedout
passedout

Great Little Kitchen

4 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

Stopped in here on my last day in Portsmouth. I Had a kale and pineapple smoothie which was excellent. Great service and fresh ingredients. Would love to go back one day and try the sandwiches.

The store is well stocked, though I didn't do much shopping.

Pros: Good Food
AarDee
AarDee

Well Stocked

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

This is a well stocked health food store. For example they had about 10 varieties of miso and I didn't count how many non dairy Ice creams. Also, they carry the new "Beyond Meat Chicken Strips", the plant based chicken substitute that has gotten a lot of press lately.

Sandwiches made to order and yummy desserts are a big plus. Sandwiches can be made with dairy or soy cheese, a vegan plus.

Pros: Large variety of products, Sandwich shop in back., Parking in back, albeit metered.
fortheloveofdog
fortheloveofdog

Delicious sandwiches!! A must eat in Portsmouth!

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

I love this little market!! The staff is very friendly and helpful; they gave us some great tips on places to visit in the area. They have a great selection of food, snacks, drinks and beauty products. Most importantly they make the best Vegan Reuben Sandwich I have ever devoured. It was so tasty I had one for lunch and one for dinner. Seriously, I want leave my husband and run away to Portsmouth so I can be with this sandwich every day for ever and ever.

Pros: Awesome sandwiches , Friendly staff , Great selection
sglcklch
sglcklch

Decent store

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

Stumbled upon this store while walking in downtown. The little cafe in the back was closed by the time we got there and only had some pre-packaged salads and sandwiches available for purchase (which didn't look too exciting). That said, I was able to find a few products that I'd been looking for high and low despite the seemingly high prices. I also liked that they extended their bulk section to spices too, not just the usual grain/nut/seed fare. Worth checking out if you are in town.

Pros: rare items, location
Cons: prices a bit high
Vegan4Life26
Vegan4Life26

The Best Vegan Brownies!

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2008

They have really good vegan brownies in the back at the little cafe. There 2.25 +tax but they are worth it. Lots of other vegan stuff too.

Pros: healthy, great brownies, vegan options
Cons: pricy, limited workers, long wait

Dear Owner and Manager of Portsmouth Health Foods: