Has a deli that serves made-to-order sandwiches as well as prepared ones for takeaway. Vegan-friendly. more-less

First Review by Vegan4Life26
taryn.miw
taryn.miw

Love This Place!

5 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2014

Both my mother and I buy a large amount of our organic produce here. The health food store itself is very well stocked, with packaged items as well as things in bulk like grains, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, herbs, spices, and loose-leaf teas.
The fresh salad bar and little kitchen/bakery in the back of the store always has amazingly delicious made to order wraps/sandwiches/smoothies/juices/etc, already prepared vegan and vegetarian food, soups, and freshly baked goods that are always gluten free and vegan.
Sometimes they will have unsweetened varieties (that are instead sweetened with fruit) of muffins and scones - those are my favorite and the ingredients are impeccably clean and healthy - the ingredients of every item is listed right next to it so you can see for yourself!
Every day there's a large variety of things to choose from, the staff is always helpful and friendly, and I'm never disappointed. I'd strongly recommend anyone in the Portsmouth area to stop by here if they get the chance!

Pros: Friendly staff, Amazing food, Large variety of items
Cons: Somewhat pricey, but worth it
passedout
passedout

Great Little Kitchen

4 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

Stopped in here on my last day in Portsmouth. I Had a kale and pineapple smoothie which was excellent. Great service and fresh ingredients. Would love to go back one day and try the sandwiches.

The store is well stocked, though I didn't do much shopping.

Pros: Good Food
AarDee
AarDee

Well Stocked

5 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

This is a well stocked health food store. For example they had about 10 varieties of miso and I didn't count how many non dairy Ice creams. Also, they carry the new "Beyond Meat Chicken Strips", the plant based chicken substitute that has gotten a lot of press lately.

Sandwiches made to order and yummy desserts are a big plus. Sandwiches can be made with dairy or soy cheese, a vegan plus.

Pros: Large variety of products, Sandwich shop in back., Parking in back, albeit metered.

fortheloveofdog
fortheloveofdog

Delicious sandwiches!! A must eat in Portsmouth!

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2013

I love this little market!! The staff is very friendly and helpful; they gave us some great tips on places to visit in the area. They have a great selection of food, snacks, drinks and beauty products. Most importantly they make the best Vegan Reuben Sandwich I have ever devoured. It was so tasty I had one for lunch and one for dinner. Seriously, I want leave my husband and run away to Portsmouth so I can be with this sandwich every day for ever and ever.

Pros: Awesome sandwiches , Friendly staff , Great selection
sglcklch
sglcklch

Decent store

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2011

Stumbled upon this store while walking in downtown. The little cafe in the back was closed by the time we got there and only had some pre-packaged salads and sandwiches available for purchase (which didn't look too exciting). That said, I was able to find a few products that I'd been looking for high and low despite the seemingly high prices. I also liked that they extended their bulk section to spices too, not just the usual grain/nut/seed fare. Worth checking out if you are in town.

Pros: rare items, location
Cons: prices a bit high
Vegan4Life26
Vegan4Life26

The Best Vegan Brownies!

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2008

They have really good vegan brownies in the back at the little cafe. There 2.25 +tax but they are worth it. Lots of other vegan stuff too.

Pros: healthy, great brownies, vegan options
Cons: pricy, limited workers, long wait

Dear Owner and Manager of Portsmouth Health Foods: