Portia's Cafe

Cafe style with seating for about 30. Serves all vegan, gluten-free, raw, organic and local foods 6 days a week. Open, vibrant and clean atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out
4428 Indianola Ave, Clintonville (Morse Rd)
Columbus, Ohio 43214
614-928-3252

Open Tue-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-3pm, closed Mon.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Laura Standfield
Abu Sumayah
Abu Sumayah

Loved every bite!

5 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

It was a bit pricey, but I guess that's what you get when you order half the menu! We tried the 1/2 Sampler with veggies (with Spinach-Collard-Artichoke Dip and Sunny Walnut Pate), Pad Thai with zucchini noodles (the special/not on the menu), Savory Patty Wrap in the GF tortilla, SuperPower Wrap in lettuce, and Chocolate Mousse. They use fresh and tasty produce. We will definitely go there again.... soon.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Relaxed, Clean Environment, Excellent Food
Rifester
Rifester

Our family loved it!

5 Posted on 10 / 03 / 2013

Ate at Portia's today with my wife and two of our children. I had the Notuna Wrap and the Deep Green kale salad. The food and service were excellent. They make the gluten free tortilla wraps from scratch and to order, so be patient with the amount of time it takes to prepare your food. We will be back often!

Pros: Very Fresh, Polite Service, Tasty!
Cons: Easy to drive by.
Ann CJKS
Ann CJKS

Fresh and Delicious with Quick Service

5 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

I took my elderly parents (non-vegetarian) to Portia's today. We had the dipper sampler. I got a carrot/apple/celery juice and a SuperPower Lettuce Wrap. My dad got the Lentil Soup. Both of my parents got Notuna Lettuce Wraps and kept asking me if it was real tuna - they were very pleased. Then we each got a different smoothie. I was happy that my parents were willing to try it and that they enjoyed the meal. It was a bonus that the food was really good and the service was quick and friendly. It is a small place but that is understandable given that it is a new venture. I hope it continues to prosper because it is nice having a place where I can eat out near my parents.

Pros: good food, quick and friendly service
Cons: small, got crowded during lunch
jenkrun76
jenkrun76

Ok

3 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2013

The restaurant is a small but nice. The food was all very good. The service aas polite but very slow. They take credit cards and have carry out options.

Pros: Small
Cons: Slow
dgates740
dgates740

• non-vegetarian

Outstanding Experience!

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2013

My wife and I are seriously considering going vegetarian again and possibly even Vegan. We checked out Happy Cow and found Portia's Cafe in Columbus, Ohio.

To get a good overview, we ordered an appetizer, main dish, and dessert. We started with raw Broccolli soup that was truly delicious and a great way to start a meal!

For the main dishes, we tried the Guacamole Garden wrap and a burrito for my wife. Both were completely stuffed and just dripping with flavor!

If this wasn't enough, we ordered 2 kinds of Cheezecakes (their spelling). One was made from berries and the other pineapples. I'm here to tell you - those desserts will rival any normal cheesecake dishes any day of the week!

In conclusion, due to this being a 5 star rating system, we are definitely giving it them an emphatic 5!! We are completely looking forward to our next visit...which will probably be tomorrow!!
Updated from previous review on Friday June 21, 2013

Pros: Delicious Food, Wonderful dining environment, Friendly staff
Cons: There aren't more locations!, It's not located near where we live
normanbird
normanbird

Loved it

5 Posted on 05 / 28 / 2013

I was there 2 days ago and I am so glad its close to me so I can go often. Very healthy and great tasting high vibrational food. And the desserts are even better.

Pros: Desserts are special, great staff and owner, vegan and healthy for you
ChantaleD
ChantaleD

Great Vegan Food In A Relaxed Calming Environment

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

I was very excited to find a vegan restaurant in reasonable driving distance. I am even more excited after eating there as they offer a great casual dining menu that will be sure to please. I dined with a friend who is not a vegan and she loved the food as well. The desserts are extra yummy so make sure to leave room or take to go, you wont be disappointed.

Pros: Great Food, Relaxed, Friendly Environment
Laura Standfield
Laura Standfield

fresh yummy vegan food, neighborhood cafe

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

Love it that a vegan restaurant has opened up in my neighborhood!! YAY! Food was excellent, dessert was outstanding!! Will be coming back here many many times!!

Pros: healthy fresh vegan and raw food, great people and servers, excellent desserts

Dear Owner and Manager of Portia's Cafe: