Serves meat, veg options available. A coffee shop in the heart of Long Beach's Retro Row offering a few vegetarian and vegan sandwich and salad options in addition to coffee, tea, and juice. They carry soy milk and often carry vegan muffins and sweet breads. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg

TB
TB

Good Coffee, Vegan Treats

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2011

Of Portfolio's more substantial food options, I have only ever had a salad, which was perfectly fine, but I'm inspired to write a review because for the last 6 months or more, they have been offering vegan baked goods, which isn't super common. I was in today and they had vegan chai-vanilla cupcakes and a vegan apple tart with almond butter. Other times they have vegan banana bread, cranberry muffins, and so on. Everything I've tried has been awesome. I believe they are baked by a Portfolio employee who is doing vegan baked goods as a little side business of her own. I think it's cool that she is being the change she wants to see in the world, and that the Portfolio owners are willing to stock her stuff, so I try to buy something whenever I'm there to support the cause and keep the vegan baked goods flowing. Portfolio's sister coffee shop, Berlin (also on 4th, closer to downtown) sometimes has a few vegan items as well.

Pros: vegan baked goods, excellent coffee, soy milk

Dear Owner and Manager of Portfolio Coffeehouse: