Serves meat, veg options available. Serves Thai food and has a vegetarian section on their menu and several of their other dishes are available in veggie versions. Fast service. Accommodating of food allergies. Vegetable and tofu curry, vegetarian delight, eggplant Thai style, ginger tofu. Inexpensive lunch combos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

JazzyCow
JazzyCow

Good Selection for Vegans and Customizable

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2014

I live in Port Perry, and nearly seven months after going vegan, I decided to give Port Perry Thai a try! I absolutely love Thai food, but I never went to the restaurant with my parents (they eat meat, and the sight of it is quite off-putting for me), so I decided to order takeout the last time they went. The staff are very friendly from my experience, and they were very willing to customize an order to suite a vegan diet. They have a vegetarian section on their menu, but I find it's always best to ask to make sure of which items are vegan and which are not. Also, some non-vegetarian options can be made vegan, and some of the vegetarian options (ex. vegetable pad Thai) that are traditionally made with fish sauce and/or eggs can be made without them, as long as you specify. I ordered a vegetable pad Thai, green curry, and eggplant delight, and all the dishes were fabulous! Full of flavour, filling, but they seemed quite light (not sitting heavy in the stomach), which I love! I'm assuming they don't use too much oil, which is great. I'll definitely be back more times to try new things and I'll update my review the next time I go :)

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Vegetarian Menu Section
Cons: Lots of Meat on the Menu, Some Options can't be "Veganized"

Dear Owner and Manager of Port Perry Thai: