This store offers similiar selection of a health food store, including supplements and frozen foods, body care, gluten free, vegan, organic and non GMO. Calls itself a "no GMO zone." Large selection of micro and craft brews that it sells by the bottle and by the 6-pack. Limited fresh produce. more-less

First Review by vegette
vegette
vegette

charming small business had what we needed

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

When rented a vacation home in Manistee for a week, I made sure to stop by the grocery before we left to pick up my vegan staples. If we needed anything when we arrived, I would hope for the best at whatever grocery I could find.

I was pleasantly surprised to find Port City Organics, which had all of the vegan basics, plus a great selection or micro brews beer (you can mix and match 6 packs).

We were able to find all the fixins for a great s'more campfire toast for the family's vegan and gluten-free requirements.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I believe it is a family-owned business and it shows. This is an oasis in a small beach town that has it's highest population only a few months out of the year.

The only reason this gets 4 out of 5 is because the store does sell meat.

Dear Owner and Manager of Port City Organics: