Pop's Ice Cream and Soda Bar

Soda and dairy ice cream bar with 1950's decor setting. Mainly dairy food menu that includes grilled sandwiches, a salad, and a daily soup. Vegans should call and see what's on the menu (if anything). Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American
1916 Memorial Ave SW
Roanoke, Virginia 24015
540-345-2129

Open Wed-Thur, Sun 11am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by SpecialFXLady
Guest
Guest

Only 1 vegan option, but it's delicious!

5 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

This place is absolutely adorable! I love that they serve popcorn in place of fries with every meal! There are tons of vegetarian options. My mom is a vegetarian and she has ordered several different sandwiches and always been happy. For vegans like me, the only option is the southwestern with avocado instead of cheese. Also, there are tons of soda's that are vegan-friendly. I usually get the vanilla orange. Also, they have a different popcorn flavor everyday..sometimes it's vegan and sometimes it's not. Even though there is only one option, it's delicious!

Pros: Delicious!, Tons of vegetarian options, Cute atmosphere and reasonable price
Cons: Only one vegan option
SpecialFXLady
SpecialFXLady

Ice Cream for Strength!

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2011

I don't live in Roanoke anymore but every time I go back to visit I make a special trip, or two... or five(!) to Pop's. Their made-from-scratch soups are made with whatever's in season and always delicious! I always enjoy whichever grilled cheese sandwich I get and the ice cream is hormone-free and local. These guys are off the hook!

Pros: local, fresh, delicious

Dear Owner and Manager of Pop's Ice Cream and Soda Bar: