Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant and bar serving a variety of pastas, salads, and a few vegetarian meals (uses dairy, eggs). Price: Expensive more-less
Lacto, American, Italian, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
128 E Front St (Old Town)
Traverse City, Michigan 49684-2509
231-941-7632

Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

First Review by fauncheeks
spartanfish
spartanfish

Great

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

Our mostly-veggie family ate here this weekend and all 4 of us really enjoyed our vegetarian entrees and appetizers. I thought it was great that they had a specific vegetarian section on the menu with 4 entrees in addition to the usual salads and such that can be altered to be veg. The vegan appetizer (veggie tostadas) was really good too. Coming from a small town where we have zero restaurants that care to list vegetarian entrees on the menu, I just thought this was great.

Pros: Good selection of veggie friendly meals
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Best Italian dishes in TC

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2011

I hadn't eaten here for about a year b/c last time I went the vegetarian options were too limited. They now have more veggie offerings. You can still get the hummus & pita chips and their pasta dishes like Creamy Pesto with pine nuts, a straight forward Marinara and a Primavera. They also now have tofu lettuce wraps, a caprese tart, sweet potato chips with guacamole, soups and a great selection of salads including a Greek Quinoa salad that's worthy of mention. Vegetarian entrees include a Sundried Tomato Polenta Stack, Mediterranean Cous Cous Stuffed Squash, Coconut Curried Tofu, a Spicy Lentil and Vegetable Burrito. As a vegan you'll still have to make some special requests.

Though this place is not strictly Italian, it's the best veg-friendly Italian place in TC. It beats the heck out of Trattoria Stella which I will not set foot into b/c they serve foie gras (tortured duck liver), lamb and blood sausage. You've been warned. Go to Poppycock's instead.

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 15, 2010

Pros: good location near State Theatre
marilyn nowak
marilyn nowak

GR8 upscale restaurant in a small town atmosphere

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2010

I am a 25+ year vegetarian living mostly a vegan lifestyle. I walked by Poppycocks two summers ago looking for a more "upscale" place to have dinner within a small town atmosphere. Being a vegetarian for so long, I realize that unless I go to a stricly vegetarian or vegan restaurant, chances are I will be sitting next to people eating meat. The menu is posted outside which was very clear and upon entering I knew I had options although limited.

The ambiance was wonderful, the food delicious and I would 100% dine there again.

Looking forward to TC in the summer again!

Pros: Great Food, Great Ambiance, Friendly Staff

Guest
Guest

Not a vegetarian restaurant

1 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2010

I went to Poppycock's because an acquaintance recommended it to me as a vegetarian restaurant. There were 4 vegetarian friendly meals on the menu. Only one meal and one appetizer was vegan. I ordered a salad, which was not what I really wanted to eat. It was smaller than I thought it would be, as it was quite expensive but it tasted pretty good. I also got humus which was very tasty but also expensive for the quantity. I didn't have a very good meal because I was surrounded by people eating meat, and the smell of it. It was kind of depressing. One good thing about my experience was my kind waitress. She went to the chef herself to make sure my meal was made completely vegan. I will not be coming here again, though. Unless you don't need a lot of options and don't mind being surrounded by meat, I don't feel that this is a good restaurant for vegetarians. It is not at all a good place for vegans to come.

Pros: food tasted good, helpful staff , nice decor
Cons: meat meat meat, very few veg options, expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Poppycock's: