Began as a shared vision between mother and daughter to combine flavor and nutritious ingredients in an earth-conscious environment. Has juice bar, coffee bar, elixirs and tea, in-house-made pastries, breakfast and lunch. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Juice bar, Bakery, Take-out

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by KHARAMA8
chrunchyAlien
chrunchyAlien

delicious, cute & very fresh and healthy

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

The salads are very tasty (try with tempeh on side!) and hugh! And my cereals with fresh fruits were delicious. The soup was good, but unfortunately not hot.. Very healthy food :)
I think the prices are a bit too high (when I compare it wirh other good vegetarian restaurants, I mean a smoothie for $8 - $10!).

Pros: nice staff, very fresh & healthy, delicious
Cons: prices
Sportyvegan
Sportyvegan

Love this place!

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

I've been here twice, 1X for each trip to Arizona. I loved the food both times. The salads are excellent as well as the smoothies. I look for the healthy vegan restaurants and this one is it. I went there after running a race so it was a great place to re-fuel. They also have many tasty desserts!

Pros: delicious, healthy
Vegan4Justice
Vegan4Justice

Good Food, Cute Location

3 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

Pomegranate Cafe can be a little tricky to spot if you haven't been there before, because it's a fairly small place just behind Trader Joes. The dishes are tasty, and the deserts are especially amazing!

They're on the pricier end, although in my experience the daily special has been pretty reasonable. Their customer service is great: my friends and I went one time over an hour after the daily special price was supposed to end, but they still let my friend get it for that price.

Another nice thing about Pomegranate is that even though they are only a vegetarian place, most dishes are vegan, and everything defaults to vegan in the instances where there is the option to be vegan or vegetarian.

They also support the community in that they will let activists come and give presentations at the cafe.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 12, 2013

Pros: Taste
Cons: Pricey

Tigra220
Tigra220

Yum in the valley!

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2013

It took me a while to make the voyage down to Pomegranate because it is quite a journey for me, but I finally made it.

1st visit: ordered the French Toast w/ a side of tempeh bacon. (Very tasty; very good) Also got the BLT (no T for me) w/ extra aioli sauce (b/c when you find vegan aioli you need/want more) for later. This was so flavorful, fresh, and delicious. It's cut in half, and it is enough to either share or save the 2nd 1/2 for later (or not). Definitely something I'd recommend.
Also got a piece of split strawberry cake. Very good!
The lady who helped me was so nice and friendly. I left with a smile on my face.

2nd visit didn't go as great and I thought I'd never go back... However, Cassie rectified the situation and all is well. Got the California Love wrap and it was very good. Again, huge wrap, so I had enough for lunch the next day. Had a cupcake. It was ok. I personally like my cupcakes much more moist, but the icing was delish.

You're looking at an average of about $10 per dish. Not cheap, but not the most expensive I've seen either.

There are seats inside and outside as well. Free wifi. Plenty of parking. Check the hours before heading out b/c they are not open late.

If you're traveling here for the first time and you come from I-10, once you're on Chandler and you past 44th St, start looking to your left for an Arby's and McDonald's; you'll want to turn left into the strip mall entry by McDonalds. Go straight, pass the Trader Joe's, and Pomegranate is a couple doors down on the left.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Large portions!, Free wifi and plenty of parking
Jax2u
Jax2u

Delicious!!

5 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

I love this place...I have been twice. The first visit I had a butternut squash soup...very good. Yesterday I tried the Green Bandito Burrito with tempeh instead of tofu. I will have a hard time trying something else on the menu after devouring that. The prices are reasonable...I'd probably stop by 3-4 times a week if it were closer to home. The staff is has been friendly and helpful. You will not be disappointed.

Pros: Have serve tempeh, Good portions, Reasonable Price
Cons: Far from my home
maynard7
maynard7

Great lunch!

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

I really liked the food here. My friend and I shared two of the "bowl" meals (The Bountiful Bowl and the Green Garden Protein Bowl). They were so good... I wish I could eat food this good every day, but I live about 20 miles away! I thought the bowl meals were the best value on the menu... the other items were priced a little high for me. When you enter, just take a menu and sit down to decide, then walk over to the counter to order & they will bring the food to you. Lots of parking available as it's in a shopping center.

Pros: Flavor!
jlo5616
jlo5616

My favorite cafe for vegan desserts!

4 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2012

(UPDATED) Pomegranate has really blossomed. They have a new expanded cafe and longer hours. Their desserts remain my favorite, with delicious creative offerings that are almost all vegan, with many gluten-free and raw options. I enjoy the pomegranate chocolate cake and new vegan cannolis. Their fresh juices and drinks are awesome, my favorite being the hibiscus cooler during the spring/summer season. The food has greatly improved from my first review (the Yves mock meat on a store-bought wheat bun). They have fresh homemade colorful dishes that are scrumptious, such as the buddah bowl or the taco salad. I still think the prices are quite high and the dessert portions seem to have shrunk, but it's hard to complain when you're licking the plate :-)

Pros: Fresh vegan, gluten-free, raw offerings, Expanded cafe & hours, Desserts to die for!
Cons: Expensive, Busy
robocop
robocop

Great Vegan Cafe - Breakfast paradise

5 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2012

I have had breakfast twice at the Pomegranate Cafe while visiting the Phoenix area. This place is fantastic!!

Great breakfast burritos and mexican breakfast scramble with vegan chorizo. Organic espresso drinks, fresh squeezed juices, etc, etc. Also the vegan cookies and baked goods looked good - not enough time to try everything.

Breakfast plates ran almost $10 so it is not cheap but it is not out of line and it is very good.

Pros: Many vegan choices, very knowledgable and friendly staff, some outside seating
Cons: not too expensive but not cheap
dara
dara

Inexpensive and Tasty

5 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2011

Every item on the menu is veganizable. The tofu burrito and BLT sandwich were delicious. All the baked goods are vegan - I enjoyed the Cowgirl cookie. This is a very cute cafe with very reasonable prices. Such a gem!

cterry1234
cterry1234

Best Vegan Food in the Valley

5 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2011

This place is amazing. Seasonal foods that are fresh, creative, and the best food you'll ever taste. I can say enough about how awesome this place is.

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Unique Recipes
deannafitzgerald
deannafitzgerald

Can't wait to go back

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2011

This place is fabulous. Staff was really friendly.

My partner and I split a breakfast burrito and an avocado sandwich. The breakfast burrito was huge and filled with beans, eggs and vegetables with an amazing layering of flavors. The avocado sandwich was light and refreshing. They are prepared to make vegan just about everything on the menu as they have tofu and vegan cheese ready to go. The desserts looked enticing, but we were too full to try. Looking forward to going back again.

Pomegranate doesn't have a sign from the street and we were visiting from Tucson so it was a little tricky to find. It's in the same plaza as the Safeway back in the corner next to a yoga studio, so just look for that.

Pros: Good Vegan Options, Fresh Flavorful Food, Friendly Staff
eirrac
eirrac

Pomegranate Cafe

5 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2011

Pomegranate café is my absolutely favorite vegan place in the valley! I found it online browsing for vegan brunch options. It's kind of far from where I live in Scottsdale; I drive a half hour there about every other Sunday because it's just that good.
One of the reasons I love this place is because they are so accommodating! It's very limited seating but they welcome reservations. The staff is so friendly and you'll feel like you're at home. You will most assuredly be waited on by Cassie or her mom at some point. Everything in the place can be made vegan but they also have eggs, regular cheese and milk for those who would like them.
They have a whole page of teas to choose from and make some creative coffee drinks as well. Break out of the water rut and try something new.
The breakfast burrito is awesome! I started adding tempeh to it which was a nice touch. I personally can't stand the vegan sour cream or vegan cheese so I eschew them yet miss nothing because the flavors are so exciting. The in season scramble is not to be missed nor is the French toast. There was one on special last week: vegan blueberry French toast with pepitos and agave syrup that was to die for!
Their pastry chef is out of this world. She makes the best everything. I love it so much I had her make my wedding cake: a lemon ginger mixed berry cheesecake. It was as beautiful as it was yummy.
Last time I was in there I heard they are considering opening up another location. I can only hope that they consider closer to me but even if they don't, I will still make the drive no matter what.

Pros: friendly staff, delicious food
Cons: limited seating
Fetooh
Fetooh

Love, love, love Pomegranate

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2011

I have been to pomegranate many times and I have been pleased every single time! The staff are so friendly and helpful. The food is so delicious and made with heart. My favorite is the tacos and the collard green wrap. I am obsessed with the baked goods! I highly recommend it, Don't miss it!

Auscampbell
Auscampbell

Yes please, thank you

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2011

Such a wonderful place to come to after a day at the farmers market, yoga, or any other take care of you day. I started my day here on a Sunday and the rest of the day I felt in power. The buckwheat english muffin is moist and holds the tofu hash quite well. The potatoes were not cooked all the way through but perhaps I like mine squishy. My offive mates are headed there today to celebrate my birthday and I know that everyone will be able to eat healthy filling lunches.
They're closed Mondays (everyone needs a day off) and they've extended their hours to 4:30pm.

Pros: Great portion size, recommendations helpful, daily special adds variety
Cons: location...Awatukee is not my hood.
judi and armando
judi and armando

Fantastic tacos

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2010

We loved the food ! The family/Staff were amazing, friendly and very helpful. Willing to share information about thier recipe's. Eve shared a few ideas. Would definately go back. Everything was fresh and organic. judi had the summer tacos which were amazing, and I had the veggie philly melt. Amazing!

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy and Organic, Great portions
Cons: None, None, None
KHARAMA8
KHARAMA8

LOVE THIS PLACE

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2010

It is so cute, clean, friendly and the food is the best! Their pastries are scrumptious! Food is unique. They have raw dishes and pastries along with marvelous soups! I really enjoy eating here!

Pros: large portions
Cons: have not found one yet

Dear Owner and Manager of Pomegranate Cafe: