Serves meat, veg options available. Reportedly all veg except for fish. Tea, coffee, chai, chai coffee, light breakfast and lunch. Gluten free and vegan options available. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Non-veg

Aloo
Aloo

Homely cafe

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

Really enjoyed the best hazelnut milk chai I have ever had. Served in a little pot for $9. Alright, it was expensive, but did I mention it was soooo good?
Also had a sweet coconut chocolate truffle which was decadent.

Plenty of folk coming and going, nice spot for brunch or breakfast. I was genuinely excited by the menu, but we were not there for a meal that day. As a tourist in this Tasmanian town, I shall have to wait for another opportunity to sample.

Pros: Milk alternatives, Interesting vegan options
Cons: Expensive
moonbug
moonbug

Delightful!

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2014

Pollen Tea Room is a delightful tea house set in an heritage cottage in the historical Battery Point area. The room itself is cosy, but there is space outside which was fine even in the winter.

There are a couple of pages of teas to select from, including both herbal and black tea blends. They also sell chai and coffee. I tried the hazelnut chai which had a very earthy flavour and on my second visit the detox tea which has soft mint overtones.

The food menu is very brunch orientated with things like avocado smash and various types of eggs. There are one or two options with salmon. They also have a specials board with salads and soups. I went with the avocado smash with oil and lemon- the sourdough was great and the flavours were nice and not too overwhelming.

They also have a range of "sweet treats" that are all raw vegan. The avocado cacao triangles with blueberries were pretty amazing- lovely mousse texture over a nut base. Apparently these change, but during my visit they also had spirulina bites and superfood balls.

Staff were really friendly and helpful- both in choosing tea from the vast range to letting me know what was vegan friendly.

So, a review from a vegan who's actually eaten here... It was so good I came here twice over a weekend visit to Hobart and highly recommend.

Pros: Vegan-friendly, Lovely space, Friendly staff
Cons: Small space, Serves fish
Vgan
Vgan

Fishy

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

This place was closed when I passed by, but the menu in the window suggests it should be listed as Vegetarian-Friendly rather than Vegetarian. Almost all the food on offer was vegetarian (although heavy on eggs, dairy and honey; not much vegan)but there were also a couple of dishes featuring Tasmanian smoked salmon.

Dear Owner and Manager of Pollen Tea Room: