Cafe and bar serving vegan food, ice cream, cheesecake, and more. Nice, calm atmosphere. Address in Japanese: 東京都新宿区若松町 28-20 サンフラワービル1F. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Japanese
28-20 Wakamatsucho, Shinjuku ku (Near Wakamatsukawada station)
Tokyo, Japan
03-6457-6605

Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-5pm, 6-11pm, closed Sun.

First Review by kool_kitchen
Sxefloden
Sxefloden

Excellent despite language barrier

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I visited there along with two friends. The food was excellent and inexpensive. We had a hard time communicating in english, and it helped a lot that one of us speaks a little japanese. Still they were very accomodating and the visit was well worth it.

Pros: Good food, Friendly, accomodating staff, inexpensive
Cons: language barrier, somewhat hard to find
DaniM
DaniM

Delicious

3 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

Very small and cozy restaurant with a friendly cook who is the owner as well i think. He is very helpful and helping you to translate the japanese menu into english if you don't speak japanese like myself. The food is great and yummy.

walter007
walter007

Cute lil hut

3 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

A special vegan restaurant run by a macrobiotic chef (local japanese) with the name of Salvo.
He has prepared us with some wholesome meals all by himself. Kudos to him.
Advise to call first to make reservations.

Pros: tranquil atmosphere, healthy meal

piontchev
piontchev

Disapointed

2 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2014

I am putting this restaurant in my black list. In contrast of previous reviews, I was denied a service since I do not speak Japanese!!! and I am foreigner!!!. Yesterday I went there around 8pm and entered and the chief just stand before me with absolutely unfriendly attitude, something absolutely unusual for a vegan restaurant. I tried to explain that I would like to eat something, tried gestures etc. nothing helped. In the end he told me in bad English that he don't speak English??? and was happy to see my back. A Japanese couple come just after me and was friendly accepted and served. I went before to 5-6 other vegan restaurants in Tokyo and the people there were super friendly and accommodating with much less English. I travelled half of the globe to get this??? If so they deserve to be taken out of the list since they wasted one evening for me and may be for other foreigners as well. Look like they are happy with local customers only. I may say only "Good Luck".

Cons: DoS
MidnightSun112
MidnightSun112

cozy place for a good vegan meal

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

Just a few minutes' walk from Wakamatsu Kawada station, I visited on a Friday night and was not disappointed. They menu is fairly diverse with a nice long list of fresh seasonal specials. I had some handmade shojin harumaki (fried veg spring rolls), the tomato avocado salad (beautiful!), and the ume shiso fried brown rice. Everything was wonderful and like something you would find at an upscale fusion restaurant. Unique vegan items that I don't see at other places in Tokyo. Definitely recommended if you're in the area. They also sell some packaged vegan food items.

Pros: interesting fusion dishes, very fresh ingredients, friendly staff
Superbuggg
Superbuggg

Totally excellent vegan food in Tokyo - Point

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2013

'Found this place on-line and it sounded too good not to try... we were not disappointed!

Food is delicate and leaves you feeling super healthy, rather like when one eats at a macrobiotic restaurant, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the veges were organic!

The chef speaks plenty enough English for and English speaker to understand, and he was quite happy to make clear what each dish was as the menu was completely in hand-written Kanji.

Dishes tend towards Western vegan food, but with a delicate Japanese edge to each. The salad was remarkable, with subtle dressing, bits of tempeh and thin-cut fried veges. Tofu steak burger very tasty too, and nicely presented.

A large jug of cold water on the counter is available and unlike anywhere else I tried in Tokyo, the water was either filter or boiled and there was no horrid taste of chlorine!

Gazpacho soup, something I never order, was actually delicious, and the steamed aubergine ohitashi with Japanese dressing was totally oi shi - delicious!

Prices were fine for Tokyo evening dining - for two satisfied eaters we spent 5000 yen (£33) including 100% fruit juices.

Easy to find if you take the 'Wakamatsu' exit from the metro, and then turn hard right down the back street 'Wakamatsucho' and go about 150m

Service was super fast, and no reservation was needed on a Wednesday night - the small place had plenty of seating.

Pros: Affordable, Easy to find, Friendly
Cafe Mousebear
Cafe Mousebear

Great little vegan place in Shibuya

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2012

The Point is a really nice all vegan place to eat. Not too expensive and delicious.
The owner didn't speak english too well but took the time to somehow explain with hands and feet (and the help of our cheap japanese language skills) what each dish and drink was. So communication worked out pretty fine! :D
The food was rather japanese; tempeh, steamed vegetables, "burger steak", which is a soy-meat patty, etc. But very good. Drinks were great as well. Fresh and delicious juices and desserts (maroon cake and sweet potato pie).

We believe when we entered he tried to tell us that you usually have to reserve a table there in advance, because it's pretty small. But on that evening it was okay for us to stay without having reserved first. So you might want to do that before going there.

Pros: Nice owner/cook, Very good food, Reasonable prices
Cons: Reservation might be needed
Neeruam
Neeruam

Nice place, good food

4 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

This is a nice restaurant serving delicious food. The prices are not that inexpensive, but they are reasonable for the quantity and the quality of the food. I had a tenpeh and vegetables plate that was around 1000 yen, and my friends took the soy meat dish at 900 yen. Both were delicious.
Just one point : we waited the dishes a little bit too long... but it was ok, as the food was really great.

Pros: great food, nice atmosphere
Cons: long waiting time
kool_kitchen
kool_kitchen

Good value

4 Posted on 02 / 03 / 2011

A few minutes walk from Wakamatsukawada station, Point is located in an alleyway near a florist. Even with GPS it took three hours to find it. If you come out of the station at the big crossroads, take the street sharp left. The lunch menu contained a variety of dishes at 890 yen a pop, and each came with soup, side salad and pickles- quite a feast. There's no english menu but the staff will get what's available acroos to you in a mix of broken English and gesticualtion. The cutlet dish, the tempe burger and the spring rolls (more like a potato croquette) were all pretty good and at the prices, you can't really argue.

Pros: Cheap, Big portions, Friendly
Cons: Hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Point: