Po Lin Yuen Vegetarian

Po Lin Yuen is a small all vego HK style restaurant & take away. 2015 be warned that reports states fish is cooked in the kitchen for staff break consumption at the dining tables. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese

Stevie
Stevie

Po Lin Yuen Vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2015

I was in here last weekend. I was sitting eating away merrily when I couldn't help but notice the very string smell of fish. On looking round I was then surprised to see that this was indeed fish. It was the period between lunch and dinner and the staff were on a break. They were sat at the table next to me eating a fish. I don't mean some HK mock fish or taro in pastry shaped like a fish. It was a fish. At the end there was a skeleton of its bones around which they had carefully cut away the fish meat.

I question whether that means that is a genuinely 100% vegetarian restaurant. The customer menu may be all vegetarian. The kitchen certainly doesn't appear to be all vegetarian.

Updated from previous review on Sunday December 14, 2014

As the other reviewers say there's also a take away place facing the street.

It's like a bunch of other all vego Chinese places in HK. Worth eating from if you are in the area but there's no special reason to make a trip to here if there's a similar place already closer to you.

Cons: Staff cook and eat fish on site
JohnnySensible
JohnnySensible
  • herbivore

Excellent dim-sum.

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

Just had my breakfast.

A bowl of noodles with veggies, mushrooms & 2 pieces of taro cake dim-sum for HK$24 - a little over US$ 3.

Delicious!

.................................

Unbelievable value.

I have no idea how they can keep their prices so low.

Satisfying breakfasts for less than HK$ 25.

Many types of dim-sum for HK$ 2 per piece.

This is a great little cafe / restaurant with a very friendly crew running it.

I drop in for my breakfast at least twice each week.

They have a display cabinet stocked with packs of vegan instant noodles & more from Viet Nam - also at crazy low prices - ideal for curing late night munchie attacks.

Busy, busy, busy 12.00 to 13.30.

Shared tables.

English menu.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 03, 2010

meganscl
meganscl

delicious food at bargain prices

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2010

Fantastic restaurant. For 3 of us it cost under 200HKD which is more than I have paid for one person in other places. Does a range of Chinese vegetarian meals, including many fake meat dishes, and tofu and vegetable dishes. The menu comes in English and Cantonese.

Pros: good value, tasty food

Guest
Guest

My favourite place for breakfast and lunch

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2010

I often have breakfast and lunch in this restaurant. Fried noodles and some dim sum . They are all tasty. The family there are always very friendly. I highly recommend people to have breakfast or lunch in this restaurant. It's very nice place .

Dear Owner and Manager of Po Lin Yuen Vegetarian: