Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant. As with most Thai food menus across the U.S., here many items can be made vegetarian upon request - look for the broccoli icon. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by TDHill
Gudrun
Gudrun

Nice, but some doubts remaining...

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

Fresh authentic Thai food with quite a few options marked as vegetarian. I asked for vegan options, explaining this includes no fish sauce, oyster sauce or shrimp paste as ingredients.

I was told I could, for example, have all the curries and rice paper spring rolls. I had one of the curries - I believe the yellow curry - and it was great, and I believe it was really vegan.

I was not so thrilled by the spring rolls although I usually love those. Had the feeling there was something non-vegan in them, but was not sure.

Later I was told by a vegan local person that he was quite sure they do have fish sauce in their curry, and that they could make the yellow vegan if asked, but not the rest. Hm. Maybe this changed. But after this I think I should have insisted to hear about all the ingredients. Especially for the spring rolls...

Pros: fresh, good quality food, friendly service
Cons: no labelling of vegan items, well.... see above
Calimaryn
Calimaryn

Recently Tried to Visit Ploy Thai

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2014

Unfortunately we were stuck in traffic and arrived 30 minutes before closing. We were turned away at the door. I had been looking forward to trying their food but I doubt I will try to visit there again.

TDHill
TDHill

Delicious Thai Food with Sushi Bar Appetizers

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

For lunch there today, I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu and no egg. The $10 meal includes their unlimited Appetizer Bar that has soup, sushi (some marked vegetarian), raw spring rolls, fried vegetarian egg rolls, and salad fixings. They clearly explain to newbies that no leftover food (from neither the appetizer bar nor meal) can be take-away if unable to finish, so arrive hungry. You can pay $9 to just order App Bar. Very delicious!

Pros: Flexible with order alterations to "veg", Some appetizer bar items indicate "veg", Friendly service
Cons: Not all sushi ingredients noted on apps, No takeout allowed for small eaters

Dear Owner and Manager of Ploy Thai Cuisine: