Vegan food restaurant opened in spring 2013. Offers western meals like spaghetti, veggie burger, and fries as well fusion food like rice paper rolls, hummus and pita platter. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, Fusion

DynaMo
DynaMo

Go here, vegan people!

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2015

For a diverse menu and regional dishes, head here and be hungry. I chose a homemade potato gnocchi with cabbage, onion and v-ham, a traditional Slovak dish according to my server. So scrumptious, and how many places can we veg-heads try these traditional foods? The ambience is inviting and the staff are friendly. Prices are good too.

Rewsy
Rewsy

Not my last visit, for sure!

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2015

I heard a lot about this place from my friends who visited Prague and read many recommendations of some foodbloggers who I like. And I am not dissapointed! :) The stuff was very pleasant and fast, so I ordered and then got my food in 10 minutes. The portobello burger with vegetable salad was delicious, the mushroom was pretty well-seasoned and I am suspicious that the bread was home-made...it tasted like that, nice! The beer was OK, the price was little bit high for Czech people who don´t live in Prague, but I´m willing to pay for the food in the restaurants which deserve it. And Plevel is one of them :)

Pros: Appropriate amount of well-seasoned food, nice interior and exterior, reminds me the atmosphere of Berlin :D
dhassmannka
dhassmannka

Good veganand Raw vegan restaurant

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2015

I visited this cute little homey spot today for lunch, and even though I wasn't exactly overwhelmed, I was still completely satisfied with the service, food and atmosphere :)
I was really pleasently surprised to finally see typical czech foods veganisedy However, I ended up getting a burrito with black bean hummus and guacamole on the side.
It wasn't great in any way, just a pretty boring average burrito with too much rice and almost no hummus and veggies...
But the raw vegan chocolate cupcage i got was OUT IF THIS WORLD. I have no idea what they put in it, but it was incredible...
So that kind of averaged it out for the food.
But the place itself is, as already mentioned above, very cute and homey and the staff are friendly and fun.
The place was actually quite full too, chich was surprising a bit...
But overall I had a pretty great lunch :)
Worth trying :)

Jip
Jip

Typical Czech meals - vegan style!

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2015

Very nice possibility to get typical Czech cuisine - murder free. A bit expensive but it is Prague..

Pros: Pure vegan
Cons: Price
NikuskaRawPassion
NikuskaRawPassion
  • raw

Amazing vegan restaurant with raw options

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2015

When I finally found this place I was very excited. They have wood sitting in a front of restaurant so I enjoyed my food there. It is close to road but it is not so busy. I had raw spinach soup, raw beetroot burger with raw fries and ketchup and I also took two desserts with me (raw strawberry cheesecake and raw poppy seed cookie). I was very satisfied. The food was very delicious especially raw burger and raw poppy seed cookie. The selection of food is pretty wide. I would definitely visit this place again;))))

elbobro
elbobro

Average

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

Been there only once, get vegan "svickova", food was good, but nothing extra ordinary, beer was pretty good. Staff were friendly and fast.

Solun
Solun

Good but expensive

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2015

Nice restaurant even for family events. I went or ordered several times. One time they accidentally deleted my order and when I came inside to pick it up, they didn´t know what I want even though they sent me a confirmation SMS.

The selection of meals is really good. Nice variety of vegan and raw vegan foods; also more cousine types, even two nice varieties of typical Czech food; my parents said they didn´t like those but they also didn´t see Earthlings.

Foods are mostly healthy and taste good but the price should be cheaper, they are not that good. Not so many options in Prague yet so I understand they price accordingly :).

Pros: Very good selection, Nice environment, Nice people
Cons: Priced a category above, Location not the best
lebtnureintraum
lebtnureintraum

Not recommended

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2015

My food was good, but the waitress was impatient and rude to my friend with severe food allergies. I wouldn't expect this from a vegan restaurant, totally ruined my experience :(

Pros: interesting imported soft drinks
Cons: TERRIBLE SERVICE
Mrchristian83
Mrchristian83

Really bad!!!

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

We have been at Loving hut, Matria, Rawcha, Loveg, mamacoffee and now Plevel. Plevel was really bad compared to those fantastic vegan cafe/restaurants that you can visit in Prague. The food was bad , cold and uncoocked. I also got warm lemonade. Warning: No service.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Pros: none, none, none
Cons: really bad food, unfriendly staff, location
CathrineGaraguso
CathrineGaraguso

The worst restaurant

Posted on 11 / 25 / 2014

I have a popular vegan food blog and I like to travel around the world trying different vegan restaurants and write about them. Here in Prague we have had so much great vegan food and only positive experiences. Until tonight, when we visited Plevel.
The staff was unfriendly. Not even a smile or a "hello". In Norway that is enough reason to get fired, but obviosly one can treat customers like air here in Prague and get away with it.
The food was terrible. Warm banana lemonade (had they forgot the ice?), cold burger with the worst garbage of a vegan cheese I have ever had, soggy and uncooked turnip fries (which we were not allowed to change for potatoes instead), and the beef stew was even worse. The orange Stuff (pumpkin?) on top tasted nothing at all and the sauce tasted sour and old. I actually got sick just by the smell.
My mother bought a cookie on our way out. That too was awful. My readers will be warned about this place.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 25, 2014

Pros: The sausage, which was store bought
Cons: Unfriendly staff, Garbage food, No working lock on the toilet
Johi
Johi

Definitely worth a visit :)

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

You need to know that the place is there, as it is off the centre and off the main road, however not far to walk from metro or tram.
The menu is very interesting - I had raw zucinni spaghetti and I was very happy with it. The food was very tasty, beautifully served, the staff were very friendly and attentive and the overral experience was very good.
Moderate reasonable pricing

Pros: Menu options, Atmosphere, Staff
ververka
ververka
  • non-vegetarian

Mixed feelings

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

Mixed feelings from my visit. I took a menu where soup lacked any taste and dhal which tasted superb however at 1pm they ran out of chapatis that should have been the sidedish and replaced them with rice...no harm done was great together just a strange feeling when you get to know this from the waitress. Mixed feeling also about the service, I did not find the waitresses too eager to explain more about the meals when asked which I would expect in a vegan restaurant...

anneskam
anneskam

Great, cozy vegan Restaurant

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

We absolutely loved the place!
Such a cozy atmosphere with wooden materials and decorations, located in an alternative area of Prague that you should definitely check out if you want to see another side of Prague than the places stuffed with tourists!

The food was delecious and cheap (for tourists)and the staff was so naturally friendly and seemed to be completely relaxed and loving their job:)

Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Very friendly staff
Cons: The fake meet from soya
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Huge burger!

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2014

Very cool place and frindly staff.
The burgers are awesome and also the desserts. Great place to visit in Prague.

schrockt
schrockt

Phenomenal Place

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2014

Plevel ("weed" in Czech) is an absolute gem. They have beer on tap, homemade beverages, friendly bilingual staff and recipes that will satiate even the most discerning palate. My friend and I had 2 entrees, 2 beers apiece, and desert for about 20 euros...the prices are fantastic. I will be back as soon as possible!

PrettyHateMachine
PrettyHateMachine

Burgers!

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2014

We went for burgers but also we took pita with hummus as a starter and oh my, so delicious that I still miss it. Burgers were great, but my bf loved more the tempeh burger than the bean burger which I had, but I might vote for the bean burger. I loove beans. If you like smoked stuff, tempeh burger would probably be your choice.
Desserts were great too, we had pancakes with orange (more like crepes I think) and coconut panna cotta. Both lovely, pan cakes had lots of fruit and panna cotta was made with strawberry and had nice soft coconut flavour.
And also, we took cakes to eat later. The chocolate one was luscious but we weren't fan of the apple cake, maybe it's better for someone who's into little less sugary stuff.

Atmosphere was nice. Friendly staff too.

Price was great compared to the quality but little on the more expensive side compared to the usual in Prague. Still, I would visit again.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 20, 2014

Pros: Food, Friendly staff, Atmosphere
Cons: Price
jon active
jon active

Quickest cafe ever!

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

The overiding memory I have of Plevel is the speed with which the food was served! True I was there when it was quiet but my soup arrived within 2 mins of being ordered and my main course immediately that I finished my soup!! Maybe the otherwise friendly waitress wanted me gone asap! Or maybe this is one of the logistical advantages of only serving a simple minimal number of options. Whatever! the food was good, small portions but enough and strangely simple but satisfying. I need to return to try the evening menu but I'm glad I was there when it was quiet as this place in in "Hipster Central" and as it is part bar part cafe I fear it maybe rather less comfortable when busy. Plevel advertises its self on the window as vegetarian but they assured me it is all vegan :) The tea pot was generous but the hemp flour scone cake thing was not very exciting. Still I like that Plevel are doing vegan versions of local recipes. Again this place is not expensive if you judge it by northern european standards

Pros: Good food, Speedy service
Cons: limited menu options, Hipster zone
Tereza-soucitne.cz
Tereza-soucitne.cz

Perfect but expensive

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

Plevel is one of my favourite vegan restaurants in Prague. The food is usually delicious (burgers, pasta, rice, hummus etc.) and the interior is modest but comfy. They also have a lot of raw meals. The speciality of this place is using of wild weeds in salads or side dish (which are edible, but most of the people don't know that). The food is quite expensive but they have also daily luch menu with several optionw which is cheaper. Sometimes they use honey therefore it is not 100% vegan.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice vibe, Non-smoking
Cons: Expensive, Honey
Amy1274
Amy1274

Lovely atmosphere

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

This is a new, fully vegan restaurant which although being a bit of a walk from the city centre was worth it in my opinion.

Two starters, two mains, and four drinks came to approx. 18 pounds (and those mains were the most expensive choice on the menu).

We had the soup of the day, which was pumpkin, and cost 45 CZK (strangely unpriced on the menu), followed by the tapas, which is a convenient way of trying all of the starters. Apart from the "sausage" which had a jelly-like texture, we found everything to be delicious - especially the marinated mushrooms, courgette, olives and hummous.

There was a good choice of drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and the atmosphere was welcoming; we decided to stay for a drink rather than move to a pub. Even though they officially close at 22.00, the place was over half-full at this time with diners and drinkers.

A minor downside was that the staff were rather unfriendly, and rushed us a bit by bringing the main very close after the starter, but as it was a cold main this wasn't a major problem.

Pros: fully vegan
Cons: location
RaimondSinivee
RaimondSinivee

Excellent dinner with family

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2013

I was there when they had American weekend.

They had special menu and waitress had American-style dress.
I eat Bloody Merry soup and that was the best tomato soup that I have ever had at restaurant.

I was there with my family and we had all burgers. They were all fully vegan and mostly without soya and bean based. The best burgers again! They had even real RAW burger from top down. Very cool idea and tasted excellent and was very filling.

The service was very caring and helpful. They exceeded all of our expectations.

The interior is old-meets-new and they have reused old furniture which I like a lot.

The prices were good specially comparing to the food quality, portion size and service quality.

Highest recommendation, would go there with friends or business partners.

Pros: Tasty food, Excellent service, Cozy interior
Soybean
Soybean

Very good.

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2013

I had a great time here. The atmosphere was great, the staff had good English (though I was with Czech friends), the food, for the most part, was really good . The prices were also pretty good. Really enjoyable.

(The only question is if the veganised traditional Czech meal I ate wasn't very well done, or if I just wouldn't like traditional Czech food if I wasn't vegan. So the jury is still out on that one.)

Pros: Good food, Good staff and atmosphere, Good prices
Cons: What the hell is that under the sauce?
kenvegan
kenvegan

Delicious, wholesome breakfast at Plevel

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2013

I just had a delicious, wholesome breakfast at a beautiful new Prague vegan restaurant called Plevel.

This 2 level cafe has a modern-meets-traditional decor and is very cosy. I am sitting at my table using their free wi fi.

Our server was very pleasant and attentive.

I ordered the buckwheat cereal with fruit and a raw blueberry cake. The buckwheat cereal was rich and creamy, and although there was no added sugar, the fruit provided the perfect level of sweetness. The blueberry cake was smooth, tasty, and also beautifully presented with a blanket of fresh blueberries. I am going to have to come back for lunch and dinner to try more of their offerings.

Pros: Food, Service, Decor

Dear Owner and Manager of Plevel: