Serves meat, veg options available. A vegetarian friendly high-end dining with a view, this is the clubhouse restaurant for a PGA tour golf course. You can order any of their traditional fish dishes with tofu instead. Several appetizers are vegetarian/vegan, including a king oyster mushroom dish. Uses local and organic produce. Price: Expensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Pacific Rim, Non-veg
2000 Plantation Club Dr (/on Maui)
Kapalua, Hawaii 96761
808-669-6299

First Review by kindlizard
kindlizard
kindlizard

best on Maui

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2011

We had our best, finest prepared meal here. We called ahead, talked to the chef, and he said that it would be no problem to accommodate us and our vegan lifestyle.

Upon arrival, just before sunset, we realized this would be the largest restaurant we have eaten at in some time. They were hosting 2 weddings. The grounds that the restaurant overlook are amazing (pics to follow), including the view of the inevitable sunset over the ocean in the distance.

Basically, if you look at the menu, all their fish entrees can be subbed for tofu, and not "just" tofu, but very skillfully prepared tofu entrees; I think I can say it was the best tofu I have ever had, in recent memory anyhow. The sides for all the dishes are already vegan and amazing, freshly prepped, freshly picked local food. I got the Maui dish which was just beautiful. I cleaned that plate. We also were treated to their lillikoi sorbet, phenomenal.

They treated us so well. It was the night of our anniversary, and despite the weddings and other special occasions going on, the chef came out to ask me how my tofu was, and to tell us other farm to table cafes on Maui we might have success (which we took him up on and he was right; originally he mentioned some of the lesser quality strict veg places that we ate at and were not good at all). In that regard, the better food on Maui are the farm to table places that do accommodate (pm me for a list).

A tip about vegan dining, and this is true on the road or at home, but if you are ok w eating at VF places, then find farm to table places with very skilled chefs and you are likely to find yourself having excellent meals. This was particularly true in Maui, but is also true at some spots in my local area as well. As for the Plantation House, this chef is very skilled, they have very fresh ingredients; a combination that yields amazing results.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. You should call ahead; get there before sunset since the views are worth it. Top to bottom, great night!! Mahalo!

I would give it 7 out of 5 if I could, but highest HC allows for vf is 4....

Pros: best tofu ever, fresh, great views

Dear Owner and Manager of Plantation House: