Open Feb 2014, this is a grab & go vegan restaurant. Sample breakfast item such as power oatmeal and tofu scramble wrap. For lunch a mushroom burger, green wrap, and a buddha box of marinated tofu with miso peanut dressing served with brown rice and greens. Also offers desserts, savory pies, smoothies, and cold pressed juices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Delivery

duncanrice
duncanrice

Great restaurant

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

I have been to Plant many times and their food is inspired and lovely. We are so lucky to have a Vegan restaurant such as this is Cape Town

NatashaV
NatashaV

Disappointing

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

I was excited to try a new vegan restaurant and the menu sounded great, but I ultimately felt like I can have better food at home. The interesting items on the menu weren't as interesting as they sounded. I would have been happy to receive this at a regular restaurant with no notice but I was expecting more from a vegan cafe. The portions were very small for the price.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 16, 2014

Pros: 100% vegan menu, Friendly service, Cool restaurant design
Cons: Small portions, Average food, Difficult to find parking
  • NatashaV NatashaV

Hi Adien. Thank you, I appreciate your response. I see that you are moving to a bigger premises and working on the menu. I will try Plant again in the future.

Best wishes.

• Adien Adien

Hi Natasha

I am so sorry you had a bad experience at Plant. I am the owner, we have had some issues with our kitchen but I am happy to report that we have made some changes and working on quality control and portion sizes. I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me so I could rectify this situation. My email address is adien@plant.co.za
    Best wishes
    Adien

Girl Ji
Girl Ji

Terrible!

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

Have been to Plant 4 times to give them a fair chance. Every time I've experienced poor service, inconsistent quality, tiny portions of ingredients besides bread and wrap and left feeling hungry and ripped off. So sad as I would love to support them.. Have contacted the owner in the spirit of transparency, but cannot with good faith recommend this cafe.

Cons: Tiny portions, Terrible value for money, Mostly carb based unimaginative
  • Adien Adien

Hi

I am so sorry that you have had bad experiences at Plant. We are working really hard to sort out these issues. I believe we have been in touch. Please email me at adien@plant.co.za

DonovanWill
DonovanWill

Awesome

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

Had an awesome mushroom burger. I will be back!

KarenLouiseFletcher
KarenLouiseFletcher

My favourite place to eat

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2014

Plant is situated in a service road parallel to Buitengracht Street. Near the Wale Street intersection. It's up behind the stone wall. In a gorgeous old historical building.
This place has a great vibe. And excellent food. They do vegan "eggs", "bacon" and a "cheese" toastie which are so good, I can't imagine why anyone would eat the animal versions.
They make their own slow pressed juices. Look out for raw food options and daily specials.

Pros: Vegan food, Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: Not easy to find
saveur
saveur

nice healthy food

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

A cute small vegan resto with lots of healthy food. Imaginative dishes. To my eye, I wish there were more protein options but everything was plant-based. Dressings were all served on the side. The miso ginger dressing was great and the juices were a steal. A huge bottle if drinking inside. I wished portions were bigger but I guess this way I had room for dessert

Pros: healthy, creative foods
Cons: small portions
aps101
aps101

Delicious & Friendly

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

I ate at Plant twice over the course of a weekend in CT. The food is delicious (do have the raw chocolate cake!!!) and the service is terrific. The staff is friendly and helpful and packed me up a scrumptious lunch for my flight. I wish I had had more time as there were a lot of items on the menu that I would have loved to try.

Pros: Menu Options, Delicious, Great Staff
tressindar
tressindar

Plant is an Oasis

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

I am grateful that Plant exists. I was in Cape Town playing music and was told it would be impossible to find vegan food and this restaurant saved my life. the dishes I got were delicious and well thought out. I had a smoothie that hit the spot as well. Thank you!

Stevo11
Stevo11

just great...

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

Stumbled over it when checking out vegan options in Cape Town on Happy Cow. Super-nice crowd, very friendly staff. Simple and plain seating but therefore authentic and genuine. Tofu wrap and Mint-cocoa smoothie just wonderful and filling. Closed on Sundays so a 'must-be-back-on-Monday' for sure.
Please stay alive you great, little shop.

Cons: Opening hours: so far 09:00h; too late for those h

Dear Owner and Manager of Plant: