Vegan restaurant offering breakfast such as power oatmeal and tofu scramble wrap; lunch burger, wrap, and a buddha box of tofu with miso peanut dressing served with brown rice and greens; plus desserts, smoothies, cold pressed juices, beer and wine. Sells its own retail line of vegan mayo, cheese, tempeh bacon, and marshmallow. Opened Feb 2014 previously at The Urban Hub on Buitengracht St. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out
Now Open

Mon 8:30am-5:00pm, Tue-Fri 8:30am-10:00pm, Sat 8:30am-3:00pm

First Review by Stevo11
Dogs429
Dogs429

AMAZING FOOD!!!!

Posted on 03 / 27 / 2016

I ordered at least six items on the menu when visiting and they were all delicious. I highly recommend going there, it is by far the best vegan restaurant in SA.

Pros: healthy, amazing food
pistol_pete
pistol_pete

Best vegan restaurant in SA

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2015

Plant is an awesome restaurant with great people running it, super tasty food, and great ethics. I would eat every meal here every day if I could. I would HIGHLY recommend the breakfast croissant.

Pros: 100% vegan, Adien in the best, Healthy
genhm
genhm

Delicious

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2015

Really yummy food. The lasagna and quesadillas are phenomenal and the cupcakes and milk tart are divine. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful and all round a lovely experience.The portions can sometimes be quiet small considering the price, but otherwise I would definitely go back.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 04, 2015

Pros: Delicious Food, Nice staff
Cons: Sometimes expensive

katjuscka
katjuscka

just great

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

I have been there last week . Just great. Nice staff, lovely food. Habe a try in mushroomburger and vishburger!

cherryblossom153
cherryblossom153

Best restaurant in South Africa

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2015

I ordered Quesadilla, Breakfast Boost Smoothie and a cupcake. Everything was awesome especially the Quesadilla. I never had such a good meal during my stay in South Africa. The staff war so friendly and caring. I love this restaurant!!
I also tested the ordered meals from my friends they had nachos which was also very good!

Pros: Fresh food, Friendly staff, Clean
Cons: Some meals are too oily/too much fat, A little pricey
hl_morrissey
hl_morrissey

Nice place - food was ok

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2015

While it is nice to have an all began restaurant in the city centre, the food is only ok. I have also only had unenthusiastic reviews from friends who have been there. I feel like the place is finding its feet, but that the cooking is not yet up to scratch. Maybe it will get better though. The tempeh bacon was really not very good at all, but the rest of the food was tasty and relatively simple. The staff were lovely though (although they didn't know how to deal with soy milk in a coffee) and I hope that the place realises its potential.

Pros: all vegan, marshmallows available, friendly staff
Cons: food unimpressive
KarenLouiseFletcher
KarenLouiseFletcher

My favourite place to eat

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2014

Plant has moved to bigger, better premises. Yay!
Cnr Buiten and Loop Street - one road back from vibey Long Street.
New Plant has longer hours - and a liquor license.
The menu has Plant's old favourites plus new things to try.
They also sell vegan options for foods like mayonnaise, cheese, bacon and "biltong" as well as superfoods and vegan snacks.

Pros: Vegan food, Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: Near Long Street
PatrickKnight
PatrickKnight

Great new vegan eatery in Cape Town

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2014

A must visit place in Cape Town! They have moved from a small cafe style venue to a larger licensed premisis.
There is a good variety of excellent vegan dishes available, and you can buy all sorts of tasty vegan stuff like mushroom biltong and tempeh bacon etc etc. Love their juices and smoothies, and their 'egg' salad is one of my favourites.
Will visit often!

Pros: Great vegan food, Tasty meltable cheezes, Excellent service and friendly staff
Cons: menu is a touch 'carby'
Jean-ClaudeThomet
Jean-ClaudeThomet

Matrix Dance 2014

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2014

Thank you Cola and the team for the AWESOME food.
We ate better than everyone else at the Matrix Dance.

Pros: Tasty, Innovative, Nom Nom
    Adien

We are so happy to hear that!

duncanrice
duncanrice

Great restaurant

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

I have been to Plant many times and their food is inspired and lovely. We are so lucky to have a Vegan restaurant such as this is Cape Town

Disappointing

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2014

I was excited to try a new vegan restaurant and the menu sounded great, but I ultimately felt like I can have better food at home. The interesting items on the menu weren't as interesting as they sounded. I would have been happy to receive this at a regular restaurant with no notice but I was expecting more from a vegan cafe. The portions were very small for the price.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 16, 2014

Pros: 100% vegan menu, Friendly service, Cool restaurant design
Cons: Small portions, Average food, Difficult to find parking

Hi Natasha

I am so sorry you had a bad experience at Plant. I am the owner, we have had some issues with our kitchen but I am happy to report that we have made some changes and working on quality control and portion sizes. I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with me so I could rectify this situation. My email address is adien@plant.co.za
    Best wishes

NatashaV

Hi Adien. Thank you, I appreciate your response. I see that you are moving to a bigger premises and working on the menu. I will try Plant again in the future.

Best wishes.

Girl Ji
Girl Ji

Terrible!

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

Have been to Plant 4 times to give them a fair chance. Every time I've experienced poor service, inconsistent quality, tiny portions of ingredients besides bread and wrap and left feeling hungry and ripped off. So sad as I would love to support them.. Have contacted the owner in the spirit of transparency, but cannot with good faith recommend this cafe.

Cons: Tiny portions, Terrible value for money, Mostly carb based unimaginative

Hi

I am so sorry that you have had bad experiences at Plant. We are working really hard to sort out these issues. I believe we have been in touch. Please email me at adien@plant.co.za

DonovanWill
DonovanWill

Awesome

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2014

Had an awesome mushroom burger. I will be back!

saveur
saveur

nice healthy food

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

A cute small vegan resto with lots of healthy food. Imaginative dishes. To my eye, I wish there were more protein options but everything was plant-based. Dressings were all served on the side. The miso ginger dressing was great and the juices were a steal. A huge bottle if drinking inside. I wished portions were bigger but I guess this way I had room for dessert

Pros: healthy, creative foods
Cons: small portions
aps101
aps101

Delicious & Friendly

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

I ate at Plant twice over the course of a weekend in CT. The food is delicious (do have the raw chocolate cake!!!) and the service is terrific. The staff is friendly and helpful and packed me up a scrumptious lunch for my flight. I wish I had had more time as there were a lot of items on the menu that I would have loved to try.

Pros: Menu Options, Delicious, Great Staff
tressindar
tressindar

Plant is an Oasis

Posted on 05 / 12 / 2014

I am grateful that Plant exists. I was in Cape Town playing music and was told it would be impossible to find vegan food and this restaurant saved my life. the dishes I got were delicious and well thought out. I had a smoothie that hit the spot as well. Thank you!

Stevo11
Stevo11

just great...

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

Stumbled over it when checking out vegan options in Cape Town on Happy Cow. Super-nice crowd, very friendly staff. Simple and plain seating but therefore authentic and genuine. Tofu wrap and Mint-cocoa smoothie just wonderful and filling. Closed on Sundays so a 'must-be-back-on-Monday' for sure.
Please stay alive you great, little shop.

Cons: Opening hours: so far 09:00h; too late for those h

Dear Owner and Manager of Plant: