Vegan cafe and bakery with a changing menu of sandwiches, kale salad, wraps, and occasionally veggie burgers. Also offers baked cakes, cookies, brownies, coffee and chai. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Korean

Kvegana
Kvegana

My go-to place

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2016

Plant has a small menu (2 or 3 choices a day, which are the same for around a week), but the quality is consistent. The restaurant itself is very small and the prices are a tad high, but the food is healthy, 100% vegan and the portions are good as well. There are many desserts and drinks to choose from as well. The desserts are not as delicious as they were before vegan butter disappeared from Korea, but they're still the best I've found in Korea so far. There are some really delicious drinks available. I love their burger and their wraps. Not all menu items are a homerun, but they all feel homemade and good for your body.

Pros: Healthy, Tasty, Lots of vegan drinks
Cons: A bit expensive, very small restaurant, desserts not as good as they once were
annprie
annprie

the loveliest place!

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2016

wow, I just could not wish for more: cozy place, great atmosphere with delicious food! maybe you have to be a bit patient to get a table but it's so worth it! definitely will go there again! the carrot cake!!!

Pros: simply delicious
RenAore
RenAore

My favorite Vegan Restaurant in all of S. Korea!

Posted on 02 / 22 / 2016

I love this place! The owner/founder, Mipa, runs an excellent blog called, "An Alien's day out." The food here is amazing. Last Friday I swung by for lunch and ordered the BBQ Tofu Burger along with a hot ginger-orange tea. It was complete heaven.

The cakes and cookies are always amazing too. I can't wait to go back there :)

Pros: Delicious Lunch/dinner items, Best baked vegan goodies!, Can order vegan cakes
Cons: Can sell-out, Small space

kexi
kexi

So nice

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2016

I went here for a homemade kombucha and later for lunch. The place smells nice and looks cozy!
The food was okay, the only gluten-free option was nut stew that left wishing for some protein. Peanut butter chocolate cake was veeery good :>

Pros: Cozy, Food and cakes
Cons: A bit hard to find
Happysocks
Happysocks

Oreo Brownies

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2016

I got two vegan oreo brownies as takeout and they were excellent!

jctbaker
jctbaker

Super food, super fun

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2015

First, this place is hard to find so go with a local or take a Google Map-equipped smartphone. It's also small, so I hope you find seating!... Once inside, they've got great super-goody, gluten-free baked goods + treats. Try the oreo brownie. We had green smoothies (spirulina, peanut butter, frozen bananas, ... other good stuff I forget) and an African-style peanut stew with couscous and salad. Both really tasty. The smoothie was filling – almost more so than the meal! The smoothie cost 6500KRW and the stew 12500, so not cheap but not expensive and I reckon you get quality ingredients. I'd love to rep this place and would've bought a t-shirt but the large was too short/small... The (co?)owner speaks fluent English. Definitely recommended.

Pros: Quality ingredients, Tasty stuff!, Vegan ethos
Cons: Hard to find, little seating, Bit pricy
peachduck
peachduck
  • non-vegetarian

Awesome place

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2015

I visited this place many times when I lived in Seoul, there are a few dishes offer daily but all of them are incredibly delicious even for non-vegetarian like me. Cakes are good too but the frosting is a little bit too sweet for me.

Jumpkin
Jumpkin

Instagram worthy food!

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2015

Everything I ate here was delicious. The mains were light and healthy, but filling. There is a small choice for main dishes, but I wanted to eat all of them! There is a great choice of cakes and cookies, with some being gluten free. Plus everything looked like it belonged on Instagram!

If you follow the map/directions provided by Plant, it's actually quite easy to find. English is spoken by everyone who works there, so it's easy if you don't speak any Korean. It's not the cheapest place to eat, but this is reflected in the quality of the food.

jungsiah
jungsiah

Delicious food~

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2015

After following their instagram for a long time, I was very excited to finally go there on my trip to Korea.
The cakes looked delicious!! But unfortunately I didn't have the chance to try them as I went over for lunch and was quite full after.

The place was a bit hard to find and it was completely full that day. We had to wait for a table and after we got one I kind of felt like I should hurry to give place to the people that were already queuing by the door. The decoration is very nice, but it is indeed a bit small.. I wish they can move to a bigger place in the future!

I had the vegan Tempeh wrap and it was really good and fresh!! I would say it's a bit pricey for the amount of food (my boyfriend eats quite a lot and I could tell he was a bit disappointed looking at his plate). However, the cakes and beverages may be close to what you'll pay in a regular korean coffee shop.

Definitely going back to try the cakes! And I might give this review 5 stars after that :)

Pros: Fresh and tasty food, Cozy, Good presentation
Cons: A bit pricey, Small place with just a few tables
oikogenia
oikogenia

lovely Place, healthy cuisine

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2015

So happy I found this! Very healthy food like lentils, gluten free food and lots of greens.

Pros: gluten free options , not only tofu
Cons: pricy
BrendaLiz
BrendaLiz

Cozy vegan retreat in the middle of the city!

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2015

I love PLANT for many reasons. The food is amazing, the portion sizes perfect (I eat a LOT) and the atmosphere is so relaxed. It was a bit difficult to find at first and they run out of baked goods quite quickly so it's key to arrive sooner rather than later! The people are so sweet though, both the employees and the customers are eager to strike up a conversation, I recommend sitting at the big shared table in the middle! If you're more the quiet type, there is always soft music playing in the background at the perfect volume to still allow you to pull out a book and enjoy yourself in the smaller tables at the back. It's more for tourists than anything else though and I've seen only a handful of locals walk in. Also, relatively expensive but I find that it's definitely worth the price!

Pros: Amazing food, Great atmosphere, Wonderful people
Cons: Kind of tight, Running out of the best sweets!
Aaronr
Aaronr

Relaxing vegan bakery, delicious food!

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2015

I really liked Plant because the service was great and the food was phenomenal. It was a bit expensive for the amount of food and quality of it, but Plant is definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Pros: Great food and pastries, Friendly staff
Cons: Location is too small (maybe 4-5 tables), Food is pricey ($10+ per person), Few choices (only 2 available per day)
Cassini24
Cassini24

Lovely atmosphere and great food!

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2015

My favourite restaurant in Seoul - nice, cozy atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff. My only complaint - i wish they were open on Sundays!

DaniM
DaniM

Very cozy!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2014

This small and homely eatery is very cozy and you feel warmly welcome as soon as you are entering! The staff is extraordinary friendly. You could sit there for hours without recognizing the time runs by.
They offer two different dishes each day i think. Also a green smoothie and a variety of beverage and teas. The meals are nothing too special, but the atmosphere and the staff can compensate that. ;-)

danielReich
danielReich

Good food, but pricey

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2014

I enjoyed a fresh and tasty sandwich. I also took a couple of pieces of cake to go, which were also good, but the food was a bit more expensive than other places.

Pros: Good food, Good cakes
Cons: A little pricey for Seoul
mermaidpower
mermaidpower

Favorite

Posted on 11 / 08 / 2014

Favorite place in Seoul. One of the few places that I can go to and feel like I'm getting an awesome western, home cooked style vegan meal.
There's a weekly menu with usually 2-3 items. They are sandwiches, curries, or something similar, with a small side. Very filling and good portion sizes. Prices are 11-13kwon.
PLANT also has an awesome selection of vegan treats. My favorites are the carrot cake, thin mints, and scones. I also love the apple ginger tea and chai tea.
Highly recommend. Check out the owner's "alien's day out" blog for directions.

Pros: English speaking staff and menu, Baked goods, Amazing meals
Cons: It's not next door
slushman
slushman

Delicious and Good Portion Sizes

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2014

I have eaten here a few times over the years and always enjoy it, but today when I went, it was just so good I had to write a review! First, while waiting for my order, my friend and I browsed the baked goods, and they all looked so good that we bought one of everything! (Worth the money - decadant cakes and scrumptious cookies!) I ordered a ginger ade (so good!) and a cheese, pesto and caramelized onion sandwich with lentil soup, and it was just divine! This place knows what it's doing with taste! And it was so hearty and filling! Highly recommended!

The restaurant is tiny, though, and we had to share our table with strangers, which is okay for friendly folk :)
It was also very hot inside - there wasn't even a fan

Pros: Good Portion Size, Reasonable Price, Flavourful
Cons: Limited Seating, No Air Conditioner
PlusSizeBarbie
PlusSizeBarbie

Very nice experience

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2014

The staff is friendly and I thought the food and dessert were great. I am in love with the peach tea. :)

veggieisland
veggieisland

Sugar overload...YES!

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

As it turns out, I'm not a huge fan of the food here.
However, I never miss out on making a pitstop if I'm in the Itaewon area...Why?

CUPCAKES

CAKES

SWEETS

Did I mention...CUPCAKES!?

Their baked goods are delicious. The staff is always friendly & their setup is welcoming and comfortable.

lopegreen
lopegreen

Great place but...

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

I was really excited this place opened and they have great dishes. My favorite are the tempeh sandwiches. However, the dishes are quite small for the price. I usually have to order two dishes in order to feel full. I'm a small girl too!! The side salad is super small!! I just wish that maybe they could have a bit more options on there menu like sides or something so that I don't have to purchase two meals...

Pros: Delicious food! , Usually healthy , Nice people
Cons: Can be limited for healthy eaters , Small portions , Not many seats
VeganBiker
VeganBiker

Epic

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2014

This place is actually the reason I started an account on here. I felt so strongly about shouting my praise of this little eatery that I created the account for the sole purpose.

It would be impossible to say enough about how thrilling it is to dine on delicious, innovative, and satisfying VEGAN fare in an otherwise bleak landscape for vegans. I lose sleep anticipating my next pilgrimage to the Plant Studio.

Pros: Everything Imaginable
vixtrola
vixtrola

Fantastic!

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

I absolutely loved the food. And those that worked here. I brought bags of it back to my hotel room. I'm not a vegan but I eat a lot of vegan food because I am shellfish allergic. Very casual, small and easy. Worth seeking out.

Pros: Delicious , Cozy, Great service
AdeanaThompson
AdeanaThompson

Wonderful Home-Cooked Vegan Meals and Desserts

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

This place is amazing! There are usually two meal choices from delicious international dishes like these-macaroni & 'cheese' Smoky tempeh, sauerkraut, vegan pepperjack cheeze, & thousand island dressing on rye bread, split-pea lentil soup w/ kale tahini salad, Indian-style Spinach Curry w/ brown rice & side salad, and veggie pot pie. Her vegan desserts are awesome as well. This cute, quaint cafe will not disappoint.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 21, 2013

Pros: Homemade, Freshly prepared meals, Homemade Vegan Desserts, Friendly Staff
ruth1
ruth1

Yummy real vegetarian food

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

Awesome vegetarian cafe that is mostly vegan. Delicious, healthy, homemade meals different every week and the best cakes around.

Pros: Healthy and fresh, Unique recipes especially to Seoul, Cute, clean cafe
Cons: