The Plant Organic Cafe -...

Serves meat, veg options available. In the SF area located in Terminal 2. Need to have a flight in or out of American terminal 2 to eat here. Need to show a ticket. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

The Plant Cafe Organic SFO Airport

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2011

I don't know why I didn't try Plant Cafe Organic during my last SF visit, but I will say I was certainly missing out! I'm so in love with Plant Organic that I ended up eating there three times (once at the pier, downtown, and airport location). If you're like me, tired of fake meats, this is the place for you. They have the most amazing burger called the Plant Burger, the patty is made in-house from lentils, mushrooms, beets, cashews & bulgur wheat served with tomato, grilled onions, lettuce, house-made pickles, vegan aioli & side salad (get it on the wheat bread). I loved this burger so much that I ate it for lunch 3 days in a row, what can I say? It was just awesome! I had planned on stopping at the pier location before my flight out of SF (as the downtown location is closed during the weekend) but I ran out of time and had to go directly to the airport (saddened). But to my surprise I found a Plant Organic in my terminal (terminal 2 for Virgin America & American Airlines) - hooray! I ordered the trusty plant burger again, but to my dismay they didn't have the wheat bread, so I was stuck with the bun again. I thought the quality wouldn't be as good, being airport food, but to my surprise it was just as fantastic as the other locations. Overall, Plant Cafe Organic is one of my favorites in SF, however, the pier location definitely my favorite for the views and atmosphere. (5 cows - the site won't let me rate it above 4)

Dear Owner and Manager of The Plant Organic Cafe - SFO Airport: