Planet Veg

Evguy422
Evguy422

Okay, not great

2 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

Went in for lunch. Ordered a samosa and roti. Both were okay, not great. The price included literally just a roti and samosa. No side salad, no dip, or anything like that. For me that made it kind of over priced. The seating was very plain and the girl behind the counter seemed to not really understand English.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Not too far from Downtown
Cons: Overpriced, Average food, Poor service
lovela5
lovela5

Good snack

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2013

I only went there for a quick snack and ordered samosas and a smoothie. All of this was delicious. I also bought a banana GF muffin which was amazing!

Pros: Good food, friendly staff, Cheap
vegan frog
vegan frog

Friendly people

3 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2013

So I will admit the people there are very friendly, and the location could not be more convenient. But the food is not that amazing.
When the menu said rotis, I expected an Indian roti. But instead I got a wrap straight from a packet. I was supposed to get eggplant in my wrap but it was all chickpea. That's fine. The food was ok, and I don't mind fast food occasionally but it lacked flavours. The hummus is straight from Costco in a big tub. That's a shame. I want to go back and try something different, but the selection we got so far did not wow me.

happycowgirl
happycowgirl

Veg*n Fast Food

5 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2013

Planet Veg is vegetarian fast food with an Indian influence. Roti rolls, veggie burgers, rice pots, samosas, sandwiches, pitas...that kind of stuff. Delicious, fast, friendly. What more can you ask for from a fast food joint?

It's small with about 4 tables. Kits beach is just down the street.

Good sized gluten-free menu.

featherives
featherives

Loved Planet Veg

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2010

Anyone who would give this place a bad review is completely spoiled and wouldn't know a good deal when they saw it. Planet Veg is really vegan friendly, inexpensive and fast. Everyone was really nice. I really enjoyed the samosas and even ordered extras to take home for that evening.

I'm only in Vancouver for 8 days and plan on eating here even more.

Pros: tasty food, nice staff, many selections
dagny70
dagny70

Quick and Tasty!

4 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2009

Not the place if you are looking for a slow and comfortable meal, but ideal for grabbing something quick and tasty. I had a really interesting warm spicy sandwich (like bombay potato on toast!) and my partner had a veggie burger. Both were really yummy. Inexpensive and satisfying. Cafe style seating, and a good selection of things on the menu.

Pros: Fast, Tasty, Inexpensive
Cons: Small, Basic
marla
marla

Planet Veg

5 Posted on 03 / 08 / 2009

Great little place for lunch. I had pita sandwich. It was very good. My husband had spinach soup and potatoe sandwich. Soup was on the spicy side but good. Would go back again. Very vegan friendly.

Pros: great food, healthy cuisine, great value
Cons: closes early in winter, small
Hydrargyrum
Hydrargyrum

Not worth visiting again

2 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2008

It's really not worth visiting again. It cost $45 to feed four people a small lunch, and none of it was very exceptional. They put this weird sweet apple-yam sauce all over my veggie burger, and it was so awful I couldn't even finish it.

On the other hand, this is better than any of the other 100% vegetarian Indian places I have been to in Vancouver so far. Compared to some of the Indian places in Portland, though, this falls way below the standard of excellence.

Cons: Overpriced, Poor quality food, Not family friendly
studioahimsa
studioahimsa

great, inexpensive food!

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2008

This place is great! i love buying bombay rolls and taking them down to the beach (a few minutes walk away) to eat! deliciously spicy food for quite cheap!

Pros: price, filling, quality
Cons: location

Dear Owner and Manager of Planet Veg: