Market offers selections in fresh organic produce, supplements, personal care products, foods, deli, vitamins, grocery, and more. Parking on site. more-less

First Review by loving_veggies
Luna34
Luna34

Too Expensive and rude staff

1 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2014

If you wish to shop for health food, organics, supplements and vitamins I would suggest Lifestyle Markets or Apple Ingredients Health Store as the prices at Planet Organic are nearly double to these outstanding venues.

I also find their layout very cramped, the staff is not very helpful, the cashier that helped me was rude and spaced out, if there is a return they have to speak to their manager which is frustrating. I find their deli section very bland after all these years in service they've never changed it, not very fresh, and not very tasty compared to Lifestyles or Apple, they should change their menu, make it wow, or at least get a juice bar or better coffee/tea section at the deli.

Pros: unique products but too expensive
Cons: too expensive, rude staff, bland deli
veggiebear
veggiebear

Expensive

2 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2010

Overall, it's an expensive place that carries products which, for the most part, can be found at a regular grocery store or Lifestyles for a fraction of the cost.

With that said, there are a few interesting things that I've only managed to find here. It's certainly not a store I would make a regular grocery trip to, but every once in awhile it's worth having a look around for something unique.

Pros: organic, hard-to-find items
Cons: expensive!
jagreene3
jagreene3

good but pricey

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

Shopped here for the first time (just moved to Victoria) & was delighted at the choices but not so enthused about their prices. I will definitely seek out other markets nearby for my next shopping adventure, but it's good to know of their variety of veg offerings -- esp the deli case of reasonably priced, ready to eat items (try the pakoras & chutney... mmm!) Bulk items seemed expensive.

Pros: variety, clean, friendly staff
Cons: expensive

snakebite
snakebite

Overpirced much?

2 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2009

I have recently moved here from Edmonton where we also have a Planet Organic. Overall they are both overpriced but more so the one here in Victoria and the selection and options are less and not that impressive. It is funny to come from a meat and potatoes, oil happy city and have less selection and pay more for organic and healthy fare. Not that impressed. I do like some of the options for a quick snack or dinner from the deli section but highly recommend shopping and buying everyday items especially vitamins and such from Lifestyles. I have found some exact products there for $10 dollars cheaper!

loving_veggies
loving_veggies

AHHHHHHHHH I LOVE this store!!

5 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2008

Selection at your hands...top brands and interesting finds. A must...Nana's Cookies! I can't believe they stock these! The deli food is great...a lot of options such as sugar free etc...
This is where I shopped when I was living in the center of Victoria..well worth the drive!

Pros: Varitey , Top brands, Parking!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Planet Organic Market: