CLOSED: Planet Organic Market

Market offers selections in fresh organic produce, supplements, personal care products, foods, deli, vitamins, grocery, and more. Parking on site. SHUT DOWN OCT 2013 - replaced by Pomme Natural Market. more-less

First Review by scocasso
DollyWiggles
DollyWiggles

Mixed feelings

3 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2012

Definitely a lot of hard to find items at seemingly totally random prices. Some are completely overpriced and some are very reasonable and the sales are always fantasticly more than reasonable. It is the only place I can get Nutritional Yeast in bulk so there is a plus.

The deli leaves something to be desired. There is maybe one vegan item when I've been there, but I have had some great vegan cookies.

Pros: hard to find items, Some good vegan treats
Cons: location, generally overpriced, could have more vegan items in deli
zafinonuta
zafinonuta

Over-priced, for not a write off

3 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2009

I agree with the previous review on this place. There are many hard to find vegan and veg products including makeup, sprouting seeds and other harder to find goods. However, the prices are rarely reasonably, and a little hunting around (or making it yourself) will provide you with similar products at a much more affordable price. The organic produce is notoriously over priced - I can find cheaper at most grocery stores. The staff, when available, is not very knowledgable either; most are young students, and probably underpaid so I can understand their lack of enthusiasim. That being said, if you need something hard to find, and you need it bad enough to pay through the nose, than this is the place.

On a side note...the cookies they sell at the deli are not bad! I'm not sure if they are baked in house.

Pros: hard to find products, bathroom essentials, variety
Cons: over-priced, under-staffed
scocasso
scocasso

Large Heathfood Store

3 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2009

The store is quite large and has a wide variety and very good selection of products, fresh produce, bulk items. When I'm looking for something specific, such as raw cacao nibs, or Scheese, or vegan corn-dogs, etc. it's the nearest place for me. What I DO NOT LIKE is the fact that I go to replace my depleted bottle of sunscreen that I paid maybe $6 for a couple years ago to find that it now costs $22. The prices are generally OUTRAGEOUS. Certainly the prices everywhere are generally outrageous when it comes to food these days, but I'm really sick of companies taking advantage of *special* health food by raising the prices into the stratosphere. So, I basically only go here when looking for a 'special' expensive treat that I cannot find anywhere else.

Pros: Many product choices, Monopoly in area, Canadian
Cons: Corporate, Overpriced, Too expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Planet Organic Market: