Market offers selections in fresh organic produce, supplements, personal care products, foods, vitamins, grocery, and more. Has a veggie and gluten free friendly deli. Parking on site. more-less

First Review by marben
Annabel09
Annabel09

Great selection , pay the price

3 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

I love Planet Organic as I need not worry that they won't be carrying my staple vegan products. However, lately they don't seem on-top of bringing new things in and I seem to always have better luck at Blush Lane or Earth's general store to try the latest and greatest in vegan products. Another thing to note is that their prices definitely sit on the higher end (especially when you can get the same can of Amy's soup elsewhere for a fraction of the cost).

That being said the store is always clean and the staff has always been helpful, their specials are also amazing, I got some great vegan supplements for something like 30% off the regular price, which saved me a lot of money!

Pros: Staff, Cleanliness, Specials
Cons: Prices, Selection
EdwardSmith
EdwardSmith

Nice Store but expensive...

4 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

Nice store but some items waaaay overpriced.

Wait for specials. Tip: if you buy a product, check the label for an address and write the manufacturer a short letter and give feedback about the product, and ask for a coupon. Include receipt, bar code of product, and exact product name and size.

Some staff in the store seem overly vigilant.

Great selection. Store is clean. Convenient shopping hours and good locations. Product displays are neat and tidy. Some items they sell now available in grocery stores for cheaper.

I creep by the dead animals on display but realize the store is trying to survive as a business. I guess they have to sell chicken, beef, etc., or else go broke.

Overall a good shopping experience.

Pros: Clean, bright store, Great selection, Convenient hours and locations
Cons: Expensive, Some edgy staff, Dead animals for sale
Petesternz
Petesternz

Good selection - watch for specials....

4 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2013

I like this place. Without question, their ordinary prices are on the high end, but they have TONS of specials every month, and when things are on special, they have the best prices in the city. It's clean, there's tons of selection, and I'm thrilled they are in Edmonton.

Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Good but confusing

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Everytime I come to visit here I feel like they are renovating or just really like moving their stuff around. It was a great selection but with the amount they move their stuff it can be hard to remember where a product is. I used to work at the other location and I loved it but this location has better selection on some items.

Pros: lots of vegan stuff, great selection
Cons: confusing, workers can be rude
Rawria
Rawria
  • raw

Pls add more produce

2 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2012

This is where I get 35/lbs of carrots to juice/consume in a week. They have more organic produce than anywhere else in town. Thank you for being around!!!!

Pros: More organic produce compares to regular, Close to central, Have other vegan friendly items too
Cons: Needs more produce, More expensive than safeway/saveOn somet, Pls add more branches
miss_mojo
miss_mojo

Meh....

3 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2012

I frequently shop here, I drive 2.5 on my weekends to do my grocery shopping. I buy special vegan fare such as Tofurky Pizzas & other vegan snacks. It wasn't until this past weekend I relaized I was being robbed!! Prices here are quite high, I found the same Tofurky Pizzas at Walmart (S) in Edmonton, now usually I do not support Walmart I was there for something special. That pizza was almost 4$ cheaper at Walmart, along with some other vegan fare!! I am not above saving some dough, for a place that makes you pack your own bags it's not worth the extra $$$

Pros: organic, deli, variety
Cons: expensive, pack your own bags, out of stock items :(
slowfood
slowfood

Planet Organic, not bad at all

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2008

I visited Planet Organic over the Christmas holidays and I was pleasantly surprised. This store carries almost every non-parishable hard to find food item you could possibly imagine from wheat-free tamari sauce to xylitol. The staff is exceptionally friendly and offer assistance without you asking. They are quite pricey, but of course you've got to be smart when you're shopping at any health food store. Their produce section doesn't carry the widest variety of fruits and vegetables unlike Whole Foods, but you can get the basics from them. Their bulk section isn't too bad either, however most of the flours I needed were not available in the bulk section but were packaged. Most of their flours were packaged.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Great non-parishable products, nice atmosphere
Cons: Expensive, Small Produce section, Most Flours are packaged
marben
marben

necessary

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2006

Some good prices, some outrageous. Not overly helpful staff, though, so one has to know what one is looking for.
good selection & lots of parking.
I would still prefer not to see a dead animal while I'm shopping, though, even if it is "organically" raised for slaughter...in a perfect world!
good bulk section

Pros: sanitary bulk food
Cons: no vegan food in deli
  • emma_ca79 emma_ca79

I sometimes stop by Planet Organic to buy a quickie lunch from the deli. I've always found a few vegan options - usually a couple of soups and a hot dish. Not many options, mind you, but at least a couple.

Dear Owner and Manager of Planet Organic Market: