Planet Organic Market - Sou...

Market offers selections in fresh organic produce, supplements, personal care products, foods, deli, vitamins, grocery, and more. Parking on site. more-less
10233 Elbow Dr SW (Southland)
Calgary, Alberta AB T2W 1E8

vegan frog
vegan frog

Great in Calgary

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2013

I used to shop at Planet Organic all the time when I lived in Calgary. In the absence of any Whole Foods or larger alternative supermarkets, Planet Organic is as good as it gets. Great deli with lots of vegan friendly options (sesame tofu and hail to the kale salads were firm favourites), great selection of beauty products, fresh produce, alternative brands and stuff you can't find in regular stores. Great gem in Calgary.

Pros: Vegan friendly deli
Torakiji
Torakiji

Not bad

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2013

I've been here a few times, and I've found lots of what I have there but the big thing I noticed was that it was very expensive. And the staff were hard to find and kind of hard to approach.
The one thing I like about this place is that you can return something you don't like. I've never heard of that before. I won't say I won't shop here, but there are things here I can get at other places for a lot cheaper.

Pros: Too expensive, Unapproachable staff
groundeffectcafe
groundeffectcafe

could be more local

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

it's a good place to shop, and the instore deli is handy when you need good food fast, but as a national store they sometimes over look the more local choices that are available to us in calgary, and with few places promoting local produce, area farmers could sure use the help from this other wise responsible organic retailer.

NurseC
NurseC

IMPRESSED

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2007

It was my first time visiting this retail (recently) and I must say, I will definitely be going back. The staff were fantastic (knowledgeable, friendly, and very very helpful). A large availability of products, a welcoming atmosphere, and average pricing. The customer service was what got my attention as I went into the store with quite a list needing to be purchased and walked out with only one item not made available (not available in canada). Great job everyone, you have a new customer!. :)

Pros: friendly, knowledgeable, organic
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Nursec, I liked your review. I find Planet Organic great for most things, but some of their prices seem to be outrageous!

Dear Owner and Manager of Planet Organic Market - Southland: