Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan pizza toppings include chicken, bacon, sausage, and pepperoni. Vegan appetizers include nuggets either plain, buffalo or BBQ style. Offers Daiya cheese and gluten free, vegan crusts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg
7 Water St (W Main St)
Mystic, Connecticut 06355
860-536-4443

Open Sun-Thur 11:30am-9pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10pm.

First Review by BenThomas

a recently improved and expanded vegan menu

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2014

Pizzetta offers Daiya vegan cheese, along with unsubstantiated claims of being environmentally and nutritionally conscious, the latter manifested by their not adding sugar to their sauce. Pizzetta’s heart is in the right place, as they hosted a free vegan pizza party, which I attended, so can attest that its thin and crunchy white flour crust is not quite glop, and being thin and therefore scant it did not as much paste up my digestion. I do not understand others’ praise for Daiya cheese, though, as I shun salt, and its overwhelming taste is only of salt. I heard in 2011 through the dolmas grapevine that the owner of Pizzetta is a newly minted vegetarian, and that bodes well for Pizzetta’s vegan menu, which has greatly expanded, indeed into a totally separate menu, named Alternate Diet Choices, where vegan items are confusedly sometimes called vegan or sometimes dairy-free or sometimes plant-based. I sure wish they would decide on one term throughout, but am happy no matter how many names they conjure. Should it ever match 2 Wives Pizza in nearby New London by adding whole wheat crust as an option, I actually would return here next time am in tourist mecca Mystic, especially since the closure of Kate’s Café.

Despite all its white flour, Pizzetta is an enjoyable and friendly place to eat, and offers its own lot for easy parking, a big plus for the downtown Mystic. It also offers an outdoor café in its backyard, a quiet (except for its annoying piped in music) and commodious oasis from the traffic snarls of downtown Mystic. If you patronize Pizzetta, when you place your order, please plant the seed that you would much prefer they offer a crust comprised of whole grain, and you might even add that if a pizza restaurant in hick town New London can, then surely one in cutesy upscale Mystic should too.

Pros: outdoor cafe, easy parking, separate veg menu
Cons: white flour, white flour, white flour

Excellent place!

4 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2013

I had lunch there today, and had the vegan version of the "pesto splash" pizza - really really good. They have a nice outdoor seating area, and the service is also very good. Definitely a winner!!

Pros: lots of options, great staff, tasty food

Loved it!

3 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

Great restaurant, small & cozy inside, plenty of outdoor seating. We needed to ask waitress for Vegan menu, which is seperate from the regular menu. There are plenty of options and the two pizzas we had were delicious!!

Pros: Cozy, Great Food
Cons: Needed to ask for vegan options

Great pizza, lots of options

4 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2012

My husband and I were visiting Mystic, and searched out this restaurant based on the reviews on this site. The menu on their website is actually only a small portion of what they offer. I was impressed to see vegan friendly appetizers as well as a large selection of vegan and veg friendly specialty pizzas. We got the chicken parm pizza, and it was so good we ordered another one to take home with us. The atmosphere was comfortable and inviting and the service was really friendly. We will definitely be returning the next time we are in the area!

Pros: lots of vegan options, delicious pizza, friendly staff
Cons: I wish I lived closer

Delicious Vegan Pizza!

4 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2012

We loved Pizzetta! Great vegan pizza with vegan options clearly displayed on the menu. Gluten free options, too. I loved how crispy the crust was and how fresh the veggies were. We also had a delicious eggplant appetizer and local Mystic beer. Super nice staff and owner. Can't wait to visit this summer for more great food, beer and live music nights on their big outdoor patio! Thanks Gary!

Pros: vegan options, great pizza, great beer

Pizzetta rocks!

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

My girlfriend and I ate at Pizzetta last night for the first time, and we're hooked. Clear menu, tasty pizza with many vegan and vegetarian meats, fresh veggies and tasty Daiya cheese on great crust. Local IPAs on tap and live music all summer round it out for me. Gary, the owner, is a really nice and engaging guy, and the service was great. Looking forward to outdoor seating all summer, too.

Pros: Diverse Vegan/Veggie Meat and Cheese , Clear Menu, Great Service
Cons: More Daiya cheese please!

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizzetta: