Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria offering a separate menu selection of vegan pizzas and vegetarian pizzas. Note that the vegan menu prices cost more than the regular menu items. Also offers falafel and has a falafel pizza. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
Smedjegatan 2
Vasteras, Sweden 722 13

Open Mon-Thur 11am-9pm, Fri 11am-10pm, Sat 12-10pm, Sun 12-9pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by RisingForce
Swish
Swish

Not many of these Pizza Places in Sweden

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

Great Pizza Place in general, but also one of the few with a large Vegan Menu (about 15 different vegan pizzas with vegan cheese, and some with uncommon ingredients for sweden such as soy meat). Attracts visitors from a larger area, including Stockholm (which is a good review since Västerås is bit off...). Friendly staff. Only con is that they charge a bit extra for the Vegan Menu than you would expect for Pizzas.

SofieJ
SofieJ

Great pizza at a great price

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

I saw the earlier review of this restaurant and decided to try it on our way through Västerås. They were no longer serving the falafel pizza, but as they are working out a new vegan menu (!) they made me a vegan pizza with a number of vegan toppings on it (cheese, mince, salami, and ham), and the friendly staff were very happy to discuss their future vegan menu plans and my views on the different toppings. The crust was lovely - just like a normal Swedish pizza. The salad bar (with olives, pepper, red sauce, pineapple, etc) was very good and fresh and included in the very reasonable price. Also, the location was good, near the town centre, with nearby parking available.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Pros: Tasty food, with salad bar included, Friendly owners, Good price
RisingForce
RisingForce

Nice experience

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2010

I found this place on HappyCow and was keen to try their falafel pizza. Before I did I made sure that all of the ingredients were vegan. They must have spent 10 minutes going over every single ingredient with me and they never lost their temper. The pizza was as yummy as different. Not only did they put falafel on top of it, but then they sprinkled it generously with shredded lettuce! And the combination did work! The only downside was that it was very thin and crispy and the knife was absolutely useless, so I had to tear it in the end and the lettuce kept falling off. I took ages finishing it and the time I did it was cold. I could have had a free salad with it (made of cabbage) but I didn't as I wasn't absolutely certain about the wine vinegar in it.

Pros: Patient staff, Good value for money, Free icy water
Cons: Pizza too hard and crispy
  • RisingForce RisingForce

Because it's made from wine and wine is often non-vegan, sometimes even non-vegetarian, depending on what is used in the fining process. This site gives a good overview: http://www.bcawa.ca/winemaking/fining.htm

• ombah ombah

Why wouldn't wine vinegar be vegan?

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizzeria Amore: