CLOSED: PizzaSalad

Serves meat, veg options available. Organic pizzeria that offers vegan soy cheese (no whey or casein) and vegetarian pizzas as well as salads with organic toppings and ingredients. Wheat-free options available. PizzaSalad proudly supports a farmer-owned co-operative of certified organic family farms. MARCH 2013 SHUT DOWN CONFIRMED ON ITS WEBSITE. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Pizza, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
1655 E Thousand Oaks Blvd 104 (Rancho)
Thousand Oaks, California 91362
805-371-7878

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 12-8pm.

First Review by calab302
fatvegan
fatvegan

Great Vegan Pizza

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

I love that I can eat Vegan pizza here without Daiya cheese (yuck!). Pizza Salad offers a soy-based cheese which is very good. I also get their organic tofu added on. Yummy!

Chia
Chia

Yummy Vegan Pizzas

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my PizzaSalad review.

We were driving thru this part of the 101 Freeway going to LA and made a point to stop here. It was worth it.

The place is quite nice for a pizzeria. Small, clean, relaxed, and colorful. The menu offers 2 kinds of vegan cheese: soy cheese and non-soy cheese. There's also gluten free crust.

We ordered a customized pizza and asked for half soy cheese and half non-soy cheese + some veggies. My husband liked his side (non-soy, likely Daiya brand), and I liked my side (soy, likely Follow Your Heart brand).

We also shared a big salad (vegan) with fresh organic greens, hearts of palm, walnuts, and a ginger dressing. It was delicious.

Highly recommended when in Thousand Oaks or driving through.

Pros: loads of organic veggies, 2 kinds vegan cheese, yummy
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

great healthy pizza option

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

We went with the whole wheat crust and a no oil sauce plus lots of veggies. The short is perfect for two people. There have been a few attempts at organic pizza, but pizza salad does a stand up job. It seems like a bit of green washing, but the quality is superb. A larger selection of beverages and getting rid of the coca cola soda would be a step in the right direction. We were also hoping for salads on pizzas and alas you have to order them separately.

Pros: whole wheat crust, no oil option

calab302
calab302

Thankful for PizzaSalad

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

Although there are no vegan meat choices, there are endless vegetables, 2 cheeses (100% casein/whey free), 3 vegan sauces and 2 vegan pizza crusts (gluten-free or whole wheat)! Their roasted eggplant tomato soup is to die for and they have a sesame tahini salad dressing which is a MUST if you try their salads. Everything is super-fresh and organic. If you're vegan and also care about eating organic, PizzaSalad is a definite YES!

Pros: Vegan Options, Knowledgeable Staff, Outdoor Patio
Cons: No Vegan Meat, No Delivery to Calabasas
  • PizzaSalad PizzaSalad

Thank you for your commentary. GOOD NEWS! PizzaSalad now offers vegan meat choices such as a vegan sausage and a vegan pepperoni option. See you soon!

Guest
Guest

Worth a second try

3 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2009

I tried a PizzaSalad personal pizza with the Vegan cheese and a couple of vegetables (mushrooms and peppers). While it tasted good, and the cheese looked vegan (melted on top of other ingredients), about 10 minutes after I finished I experienced a discomfort as if something on it were not vegan(?). I'd be willing to try it again, but my boyfriend who is also vegan and not as sensitive to non-organic/processed food wasn't sure.

Pros: Tasted good, Reasonable prices
Cons: Vegans need to ask
  • PizzaSalad PizzaSalad

All PizzaSalad's menu options labelled "Vegan" are 100% casein/whey-free, 100% free of any and all animal products and by-products. Also, PizzaSalad implements only the strictest food handling procedures in accordance to food health and safety code as well as to safeguard the organic integrity of all our ingredients. Further, we are certified and trained to cater to customers living with food allergies. Having said this, we regret any discomfort you may have felt and kindly request you promptly notify restaurant management if this ever happens.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: PizzaSalad: