Serves meat, veg options available. California style pizzas a separate menu for vegetarians and vegans available which includes vegan cheese. Uses organic vegetable. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Pizza, Organic, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
ATS Chatan 2-1, Mihama 9-17, Chatan (/Back Right Corner of Depot Island)
Okinawa, Japan 904-0115
098-936-0042
Closed time

Mon-Sun 11:30am-11:30pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Manimal
RachelenPerez
RachelenPerez

The pizza is great, the owners are not

Posted on 04 / 24 / 2015

I like their pizza and appreciate that they sometimes have vegan desserts, but the owners are nut-jobs who were convicted of fraud in the US. The female owner frequently gets into fights over social media with people. They claim their ingredients are imported but I've seen them by stuff at JA. It is INSANELY expensive to eat here for dinner. 10$ for a mug of beer? No way. My advice, if you must go, only go for lunch and pay in cash. Really though, they don't deserve your money. Go eat at dechibica in yomitan instead!!!

Pros: good pizza
Cons: Owners are insane, CRAZY expensive, Service is terrible, high turnover
JustineHsu
JustineHsu

really good vegan pizza with a bug craft beer variety

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

We came to this restaurant because we saw an ad for it that said craft beer and my boyfriend wanted to come. I was more than pleasantly surprised when I saw that they offered vegan cheese. I had originally wanted to get the gluten free crust but they didn't have it. If it's really important to you, call ahead and ask. My server was an American guy and they had an English menu so if you don't speak Japanese it's totally fine. We got the lunch special which was 1000 yen for a small pizza with 2 toppings. Each extra topping is 100 yen. I really enjoyed the pizza. Their homemade vegan cheese was light and creamy. The mushrooms and tomatoes were fresh. They also had onions, pineapples, purple onions, avocados and green peppers for toppings.

Pros: delicious homemade vegan cheese, good craft beer list
Manimal
Manimal

Mediocre - SERVES FOIS GRAS - a HappyCow no-no

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2013

Not able to order a pizza sans vegan cheese. Ordered a medium and a large pizza and 2 salads and it was very expensive. Gluten free is NOT AVAILABLE and there is no special vegan menu as claimed. All pizza dough is vegan but I can order the same at almost any pizza place in the world and they are happy to hold the cheese so do not understand why they must force feed vegan cheese at this place. Not enough veggies on the pizza considering the price.
Updated from previous review on Thursday November 07, 2013

Pros: Margarita was good with fresh ingredient, English speaking staff, Takes credit cards
Cons: Not able to order without vegan cheese, One of 8 slices had nothing on it! Bread, No real vegan menu as claimed

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizzakaya: