CLOSED: Pizza Plaza

All vegetarian since 2007. Serves vegetarian and vegan pizzas in addition to pasta, calzone, salads, desserts - see menu on website. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Take-out, Delivery, Catering

First Review by tartarugafechada
laurajo
laurajo

Excellent Vegan Pizza

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2011

Pizza Plaza makes a great vegan pizza! The amount of toppings is just right and the vegan ranch dressing for dipping is delicious. I like their pizza because it has an original taste to it--a lot of other vegan pizzas can taste similar, but the crust and the toppings they use sets it aprat from the rest. And there are lots and lots of toppings to choose from, almost any combination you can imagine. Definitely great tasting vegan pizza!

Pros: tasty, lots of toppings, unique flavor
Cons: not all vegan
vegan_geek
vegan_geek

Vegan Pizza with whole wheat crust

3 Posted on 02 / 11 / 2011

I have to say I was excited when I heard about Pizza Plaza. The idea of good vegan pizza is very appealing.

The restaurant is a little hard to find and is tiny. Best to pickup a pizza to take home. The owner is friendly.

I enjoyed the vegan pizza, but it was not fantastic. Now I need to try the vegan lasagna, cheese bread and wings.

Pros: number of vegan toppings, whole wheat crust
Cons: Tiny, A little dingy
nonyabusnus
nonyabusnus

yes pizza no garlic bread

2 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2011

vegan pizza shop (except choice of real cheese)...the garlic bread was a huge letdown, a roll cut in three w/ vegan cheese & garlic powder but super dry and not worth any money at all.
The pizza is alright but not great & horrible cost. found this place after a whole foods vegan pizza disaster, and pizza plaza is an option without meat & with tasty vegan cheese, personal size pizzas available too : )

Most recently i attempted to go back and exchange something else for the dry garlic bread, the owner was not interested in figuring out a deal, insisting that i get the garlic bread that comes as part of their two pizza special...i opted to leave because there was no heart involved, it is all about the $$$.

3rd attempt was a personal size vegan veggie special pizza for $8.73 that was in no way enough pizza for price! I feel ripped off and still hungry :( & the single slice would have been $6+ :( realization = they moderate their own busines flow by charging just high enough prices to not need any employees....ie. custy prices for not great food that leavs you hungry....A TEASE. If 1 cow were possible...
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 30, 2010
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 07, 2010
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 04, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 30, 2011

Pros: tasty vegan cheese, no meat at all, garlic powder & basil powder free
Cons: garlic bread, unwilling to compromsie, overly concerned with making $$$
VeganVixen
VeganVixen

Yay for Vegan Pizza Delivery

4 Posted on 10 / 25 / 2010

Their pizza tastes healthy as it's served on a whole wheat crust. I don't like too much "cheese" on my pizza so I find the amount they use perfect. I have ordered the combo and the hawaiian vegan versions and I thought both were very good.

Chandra25
Chandra25

Great Pizza! Nice Owners!

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2009

I love this little jewel in the Bay Area! The whole wheat pizza crust is delicious. We had the Greek Goddess pizza and it was divine. Will order some for a dinner party while I'm here in the Bay Area.

Esta

Pros: Delicious, Good Value, Nice Owners
Cons: No Rest Room

VeganFemmeChristine
VeganFemmeChristine

Slightly disappointing but palatable

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2009

I will have to return again and try the Hawaiian pizza based on these reviews, but my partner and I got a medium pizza delivered (they do delivery) with vegan pepperoni and I think artichokes, and when we opened the box we were met with a flat-looking pie covered sparsely with vegan cheese and toppings, when the toppings were purported to be generous, and there was also only a think layer of sauce. I've really been wanting to actually physically enter the restaurant and see if I'm missing something, but the pizza I got required a lot of extra nutritional yeast, salt, and red pepper flakes to make it worthwhile, and for the price, $18-$20, it was disappointing. I'm not giving up though. I love vegan pizza as much as the next vegan pizza lover, and am not giving up hope.

Pros: Delivery
Cons: Sparse toppings, Not enough vegan cheese or sauce, Bland
  • nonyabusnus nonyabusnus

seems to be open to make $$$..not too concerned with us vegans really...it's still worth going, just not too often unless they start making better deals or more for the money

• VeganFemmeChristine VeganFemmeChristine

I meant to say thin* layer of sauce. Sorry about that.

FreakyVegan
FreakyVegan

Wonderful

5 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2008

I loved this place. Very nice staff and awesome cheesecake for dessert. I do agree that locking your car and setting the alarm is a good idea though.

Pros: Great food, Friendly people, No long wait
Cons: Could use a facelift in front, small
Mimi710
Mimi710

vegan plaza

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2007

Cheap and yummy vegan pizzas and desserts. (Vegetarian options also available.) No long wait for your pizza either. Lanesplitters in Berkeley is better, but this is good for quick, cheap vegan food.

Yell
Yell

WOW!

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2007

I LOVE THIS PLACE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I am still in SHOCK at how great the pizza was. It tasted EXACTLY as I remembered it...(I ordered ham and pineapple pizza.)

I ate half of the pizza in one sitting and the rest of it when I get home. Let me tell you: THAT WAS A LOT OF FOOD!

My omni roommates were freaked out that it was fake, but agreed with me that it tasted EXACTLY like regular, ole pizza.

GO! (And lock your car...and turn on the alarm.)

Pros: Food
Cons: Location
dontgetmadgetvegan
dontgetmadgetvegan

This place is amazing!

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2007

From the warm and welcoming vibe you get upon entering from the staff to the veg piled vegan options, this place won us over instantly. We were visiting San Fran and arrived in Oakland, knowing our first meal on the west coast would be from here. We're so glad we made that decision and have been craving their delicious pies ever since! Delicious Vegan Pizza!!!!! Does it GET any better than that?

vZOMBIEv
vZOMBIEv

awesome

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2007

I got a chance to swing by and pick up a pizza while in the area... and it was amazing. I will be back every time I am in the area.

Anthony2816
Anthony2816

An excellent pizza!

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2007

Based on the other reviews, I went here with high expectations, and even they were beaten! We had the "chicken" florentine pizza, and it excellent, with a very nice crust. Something the other reviews didn't mention: The pizza was served with a paper napkin between the pizza and tray, and there was barely any grease at all on the napkin! Can you imagine what that napkin would look like if a place like Pizza Hut tried it?

The pizza here isn't just great vegan pizza; it's just great pizza!

Pros: Great pizza, Friendly staff, Healthy cuisine
Cons: Small, few tables.
tartarugafechada
tartarugafechada

wow.

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2007

it's great to be able to order a vegan pizza with soy cheese and some kick. this place has two menus, one of which is completely vegan and features every "meat" combination you can imagine made up of ham (veggie slices), chicken (seitan), beef (ditto), mock pepperoni, and more. i'm partial to the mock ham and pineapple combo as well as the sweet potato, avocado, and chicken pizza (no kidding). bonus: they deliver.

Pros: seitan toppings., avocado? sweet potato?, delivery!

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Pizza Plaza: