Serves meat, veg options available. Long-time established pizzeria with a couple location. Quirky environment and a very busy menu. Known for its pizza pods, and some dishes can be personalized to one's taste. Offers a soy-free vegan cheese for pods, pizza, or sandwiches. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jillian
mike1366
mike1366

Vegan cheese, lots of options

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2015

Some of the reviews here were correct when they were written years ago -- the soy cheese used to have casein. Now they use vegan cheese, and there are a lot of options available for vegans. Their specialty is the pizza "pod," which is like a calzone, and you can get all sorts of fillings, like tofu, vegan sausage, and veggies. They have really good gazpacho, veggie burgers, veggie "wings," veggie chili, salads, and usually have vegan desserts such as vegan cheesecake. It's a great family-friendly place with a huge craft beer selection for the adults.

cathk
cathk

Pretty good

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2015

I've gone here several times and like it. Lots of vegan options that are clearly marked! I always enjoy my meal and there's something for everyone in my family here. I've ordered the personal size vegan pizza and the pods with daiya cheese and veggies.

Pros: variety of vegan options, nice atmosphere
catmk
catmk

Liked it

Posted on 07 / 10 / 2013

This was a great place to go with my non-vegan family because usually at pizza places there's not much I can eat. I had the pizza pod with "soy cheese" (it's daiya) & veggies. I saw quite a lot of veg menu options like chili, veggie wings, and vegan cheesecake which are all marked by carrots. The atmosphere is nice and the staff was friendly.

Pros: daiya and soy meat available, option for whole wheat crust, friendly staff

Guest
Guest

Vegan options, menu slightly confusing

Posted on 06 / 25 / 2013

My family have been going here regularly for the past 10 years. There is an outstanding beer selection and plenty of vegetarian options. There is also a kids menu and plenty to keep them occupied (pizza dough, crayons). As a new vegan, I was happy to discover that there was a "vegan menu" upon request. However, it wasn't really a menu,, just a list of vegan ingredients. I needed to compare it to the menu in order to come up with some possible options and then rely on the server to help me decipher it all. Therein lies the problem. The service is very inconsistent, and I really didn't feel comfortable with the server's menu knowledge. That said, if you are a bit more assertive than I, you can enjoy a really good meal and beer here!

Pros: Vegan options, Great beer selection, Family friendly
Cons: Confusing vegan menu
vegangolfpro
vegangolfpro

Over-prived hipster nonsense

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2011

$25 for a pizza with daiya cheese and mushrooms. The crust was the worst crust I have ever had: thin and brittle, and it tasted like a precooked grocery store crust. If you are into really poor service from college drop-out hipsters, then you'll love this place. If you are looking for vegan pizza in Buffalo, get a cheeseless pizza loaded with veggies from DiMarcos. You'll pay a lot less and you'll actually be able to stomach it.

Pros: Have Daiya
Cons: Idiot Hipster Staff, Very Expensive, Tastes Crappy
azoraa
azoraa

Neat place

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2010

We were looking for a quick place to get a late lunch. The one vegetarian restaurant "palace of dosas" was closed for some hours during the day, so we chose "Pizza Plant" instead. We were promptly seated, ordered and received their 'pizza pods' with good service. The food was hot and tasty - the 'great sauce' on the side was a plus as well.

Pros: prompt attention, interesting decor, vegan desert items
Cons: expensive
James Gates
James Gates

No Vegan Options

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2009

Unless you are willing to eat only a garden salad, there are no vegan options. The soy cheese contains casein which is a milk protein. I have eaten here a few times and the first times the staff assured me the soy cheese is vegan. It isn't. The food quality varies with each visit. Sometimes the crust isn't fully cooked. Twice I have asked for wheat crust and gotten white. If you are a vegetarian who isn't very strict, this would be good for you.

Pros: Beer, Patio
Cons: Casein
  • vegrunner vegrunner

Hey James! Pizza Plant has been serving Daiya now for a while. I think they had a lot of people complaining about the casein in the soy cheese. However, depending on how strict you are, there is honey in the wheat crust. Now we just have to wait for the new Transit Rd.location to open!

lynnabeana
lynnabeana

Vegan Fast Food

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2009

I love Pizza Plant! They have several vegan dishes on the menu, and others (like the pods) can be completely customized for vegans and vegetarians. (One word of caution: One of the waitresses - who is also vegan - told me that the soy cheese contains casein.) I love their gazpacho (without the croutons or cheese), the "whings", and the pods. One night I was there they even had vegan cheesecake which was out of this world. A great place for vegans and vegetarians who just want pizza and wings with a beer on a Friday night.

Pros: Food, Beer list
Cons: Soy Cheese
findabiggerplace
findabiggerplace

Pizza Plant

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2009

I really like pizza plant. They pod I had was really good as were the french fries. Service was good too! Yum!

jdame
jdame

Great Vegan Pizza

Posted on 12 / 15 / 2008

Great Vegan options and the pizza was amazing! Takes a while to get a table so plan ahead.

Pros: Food, Vegan Friendly, Options
Cons: Time Consuming, Wait
Mvs6
Mvs6

mmm!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2008

Delicious food! There are many vegan options. The curried nachoes made vegan are awesome. The service is usually pretty slow because the place is mobbed and everything is made fresh. Never go when there is a sports game on TV.

Pros: soy cheese, Vegan chili!, vegan nachos!
Cons: slow service, expensive
lindsconrow
lindsconrow

I Ate at Pizza Plant

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2007

Pizza Plant isn't so great. They offer soy cheese, tofu, and a veg "whings" appetizer, which is amazing because you can feel like a normal person and eat at a pizza place. The drawback is that everything is expensive. I got a soy cheese "pod" with two ingredients and a spinach crust and it weighed in at just under $20. The crust on the inside tasted raw and the sauce was too sweet.

Pros: Soy Cheese, Tofu
Cons: Too Expensive!, Poorly Cooked Food!, Sweet Pizza Sauce!
jillian
jillian

Yay for junk food!

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2007

A good place to go if you want to take a break from healthy vegan food. I ordered the garlic bread with soy cheese (the waitress SWORE the soy cheese was vegan). It was excellent. Stay away from the mock meats, though. Something about the seasoning of the soysage is off. It was actually kind of gross.

Pros: vegan cheese, inexpensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizza Plant: