All-vegan pizzeria offering a variety of vegan pizzas, calzones, pastas, sandwiches, appetizers, salads, desserts. Has 3 vegan cheese options, plus different faux meats, veggies, and even gluten-free. Mostly take-out with a small dining area. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Italian, American, Pizza, Beer, Fast food, Take-out
5500 University Way NE (55th Ave, University District)
Seattle, Washington 98105
206-343-1415
Closed now

Tue-Fri 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by Miso Vegan
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Says vegan in big letters out the front. Happy!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2014

After you battle the purple haze throughout University Avenue and find the shop you see it looks a little dingy and fits in perfectly with the general "alternative" vibe of the locale - and the pipe shop next door. It might put some people off but it's fine with us.

Good vegan pizza. I also tried the calzone sampler - 5 mini calzones for under $10. Excellent value!. TBH they didn't taste that different from each other - maybe my senses were dulled by the pizza overload - but it was all enjoyable.

Nothing like vegan pizza made by vegans. It's always a buzz to see vegan / animal rights propaganda on a shop counter. Respect.

Pros: It's vegan, it's pizza, what more do you need?
grantxvx
grantxvx

Top 3 Vegan Pizza's in the US

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2014

I would say this place is the second best vegan pizza in the US (behind Peace O' Pie in Boston). It's so tasty! They support local artists as well, which is sweet.

vegemight
vegemight

Best vegan pizza I've ever had

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2014

A walk-in order took less than 15 minutes (hadn't even finished the Rainier I ordered to sip on while I waited!) Cool little nook in the U. District.

Pros: Fast, Friendly staff, Cool ambiance
Cons: A little pricey

PeaceLoveVeggies
PeaceLoveVeggies

So disappointed :(

Posted on 03 / 31 / 2014

I really wanted to like this place. I was so excited to try it.... I'd been craving some pizza with a little more substance, sick of plain ol' veggie pizza with no cheese. We got there and it was packed full, but we were determined to wait for a table to open up. So we sat awkwardly on the tiny bench seat by the door. They didn't take our names down or anything, so when another group came in and began to wait, we knew we'd need to fend for ourselves to claim a table. It's VERY casual in there... as in, they don't really serve you. You serve yourself.

Anyways though, the most important part is the food. When we were finally able to order (30 min after getting there) and when our food finally got to our table (45 min after that) we were excited and ready to dig in!! My fiancé and I got two small pizzas, each a different topping and sauce combo. The crust part of the pizza was very good. They are good at making bread, no doubt about that. The fresh ingredients and sauces were good too (although laid on a bit thick - I don't like TOO much Alfredo). But the "cheese" and "meats" (vegan of course) were the WORST imitation products I'd ever tasted. Truly disgusting. I could only handle a couple bites before I was just scraping everything off the pizza and eating just the crust and some sauce. Of course it's a matter of personal taste, but I won't be returning.

Pros: good bread/crust, good sauces (when use a little)
Cons: worst fake cheese/meats i've ever had, unclean, unfriendly, very little seating
alekkk
alekkk

Best Calzone Ive Ever Had, Vegan Or Not

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2014

Must stop for vegans in Seattle. Food is made by vegans for vegans, and the money goes to the vegan owner and vegan causes. Also the food is fantastic and creative.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 22, 2014

pandapharmd
pandapharmd

Good but not the best I've ever had

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

It's been a while since I ate here but the pizza was pretty good; if I had pizza dough and Daiya in my fridge though...I would just stay home and make my own pizza.

Smallu
Smallu

No. Just no.

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

I can't say anything good about this restaurant, I really want to, but I can't. The place itself is dark and dingy and low class. The servers can't be bothered to wait on you and food is awful. I had a Philly Cheesesteak that was greasy and nasty. My friend got the French Dip and it was equally gross. Another friend got the pizza and I can name three different places that serve better vegan pizza than that.

Pros: You can usually find parking, Nearby Vegan Haven store
Cons: Food is not good, Service is terrible
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Best hawaiian pizza I've ever had!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2013

I should mention we didn't actually order "pizza" but calzones. Which are just folded pizza.
We ordered the calzone sampler thing from the appetizers. It was a meal in itself. 5 different pizza flavours in pockets as big as my hand. I obviously loved the "ham" and pineapple one. The mushroom and onion one was pretty awesome. I wasn't sold on the green pepper and sausage though. That's more due to my hate for green peppers. I did appreciate that they used a cheese I've never tried before called Tease. I liked it because it didn't have the weird after taste that Daiya has. Also most of there meats are Field Roast (a big thing on Seattle menus) which is awesome!
They had an array of different flavours and toppings including curry sauce and potatoes. Next time I'll be more adventurous and bring an emptier stomach.

Pros: Weird toppings, Calzones!, Magnets on the walls
Cons: Bathroom was kinda sketchy
soph
soph

MMMM Pizza

Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

Last time I was here I ordered their pizza with the artichokes and tomatoes and the basil-- my favorite pizza toppings. I shared with my sister and we both thought it was deeeelicious. They have a huge pizza menu- most of them seem too complicated for me, since I just like the simple flavors and I don't like mock meat- but I bet everything is good. It's so nice to eat vegan pizza when you are out and about! Good prices!

Pros: Big menu, good prices, vegan
JMNL
JMNL

Casual place for great pizza

Posted on 05 / 14 / 2013

Don't expect a restaurant where you can dine for hours; you order at the counter but they will bring it up to you. It's a casual small place but quite nice nonetheless. Nice staff also.
The pizza is great! The white garlic sauce they use on some pizzas as a base is delicious, if you're going for one of those you should definitely have a medium sized or bigger pizza. The 'Mediterranean' pizza was really nice, all the ingredients worked really well together.

corinal
corinal

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

Oh the pizza...and the cinnamon stix with vanilla frosting (I always need to get lots of extra frosting because it is so good)...and the white garlic sauce...and the new menu items they develop every day!!!! It is all so amazing. My personal favorite pizza was originally called the Summer Favorite with white garlic sauce, spinach, pineapple, and sun dried tomatoes. Mmmmmm!

Pros: Excellent food, New menu items added often
Cons: Not open all the time
vaportrail
vaportrail

Good Pizza

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2013

The pizza is good here. A nice menu with lots of choices. The staff is friendly.

Pros: good food , lots of choices, nice staff
Cons: none
cookie1908
cookie1908

Best Vegan Pizza We've Had!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2012

My husband and I try vegan pizza wherever we can find it, and I must say that Pizza Pi is the best so far! Crispy crust, fresh ingredients and Teese cheese (from Chicago) made the pizza absolutely delicious. The atmosphere was nice and laid back, loved the husband/wife team running the place, and the price was very affordable. In a great university area as well - with a bus stop right across the street, for those who like to take public transportation.

Pros: Awesome pizza, Teeze cheese, Husband and wife owners
PetersonE
PetersonE

Delish!

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2012

Best vegan pizza ever. We took our vegan-skeptic kids here for dinner tonight and they were surprised at how much they liked it! Happy to have found this great place to eat!

Pros: Yum!
Thursdudette
Thursdudette

Tasty!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

You can create your own pizza or choose from the menu. They even offer stuffed crust with vegan cheese! The pizza was really good and the staff was nice.

Pros: delicious, nice staff
PatandSara2011
PatandSara2011

All pizza is thin crust

Posted on 07 / 29 / 2012

My boyfriend and I went here for the first time today and I have to say we both thought is was okay. We are both vegan and love vegan food but to us the pizza was similar to a frozen Tofurky pizza. Okay not great. I have had really great vegan pizza but not here. I was very surprised that a pizza place would have only one kind of pizza crust. It is all thin crust pizzas. Even the "breadstix" are not really breadsticks but just the very thin pizza crust without the pizza. When I order breadsticks I want thick yeast risen stick of dough. The pizza crust does not have yeast either. I like thick pizza crust not deep dish or anything but thick not super thin.

Pros: Nice Staff
Cons: Looks dirty in back (bathroom) , only one kind of pizza crust
jujutsuka
jujutsuka

great leftovers, get extra

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

Everybody loves pizza and here a vegan can get WHATEVER she wants, even if it's mock meat or mock cheese or no cheeze or whatever. So good, and has appetizers like fake buffalo wings and cheeze sticks, etc.

Pros: amazing options
Cons: small place
viktorkoren
viktorkoren

wow

Posted on 06 / 04 / 2012

best vegan pizza I've ever had! Simple nice interior, nice staff and very good music...well done pizza pi! ;)

Pros: amazing pizza crust, punky environment
Cons: none
Jeansthill
Jeansthill

Great Pizza

Posted on 05 / 25 / 2012

I was visiting Seattle and tried this pizza. This pizza is great! I got the buffalo pizza and the cheese sticks and they were great. The garlic dipping sauce is amazing too. I will be back again the next time I am in Seattle.

Pros: Great Food, Cheap pizza
Cons: No delivery :(
Amethystle
Amethystle

Favorite Pizza Place Ever!

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2011

Four words: Vegan stuffed crust pizza. This awesome establishment has both Teese and Daiya available for vegan cheese options. They also have tons of toppings and a very friendly staff.

Toadbitt
Toadbitt

Great Pizza!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

I love to eat here after shopping at Sidecar for Pigs Peace next door. I make sure to do my grocery shopping first as I always " pig out" on their wonderful pizza. This is by far my favorite pizza place ever!

Pros: Great value, Yummay!
Cons: Wish I lived closer
veganfox
veganfox

Excellent Pizzas!

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2011

There is not much to say about this pizzeria except DON'T miss it!!! Their food rocks!

peacenik
peacenik

Best Caesar Salad Ever!!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2011

My SO and I ate here while visiting his brother back in September. We ordered an ex meat lovers pizza by his brother's request and a custom veggie pizza, as well as a family sized caesar salad. The caesar was AMAZING! Plenty of salad for 4 adults and one child to have more than one serving. It was so good, I could have just kept eating salad and skipped the pizza. But I'm glad I didn't because the veggie pizza was really fantastic and liked by all. The ex meat lovers was not a hit however. We both knew we probably wouldn't like it much, not being big fans of faux meat in general. But his brother and family thought it was really weird tasting. I was bummed when they settled on it because I figured they wouldn't like it as much as a pizza with just one faux meat and other veggies. It was humorous though because the adults were trying to be real polite about it and then Madison, who is 8, proclaimed "That pizza is really funny tasting!" My bf and I loved loved this pizza parlor and cannot wait to return on our next visit!

Pros: Fantastic Pizzas, Amazing Salads, Near vegan grocier
Cons: Absolutely, No, Cons
crewumiami
crewumiami

Best Pizza

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2011

By far, the best vegan pizza!!! It's a must go when I visit the area!! The meat-free toppings are great and the crust is great!! Great staff!!

in2insight
in2insight

Outstanding!

Posted on 02 / 07 / 2011

This was one of the best Pizzas ever. Vegan or vegetarian.
And the wonderful young ladies who were working there made the experience even better.

Pros: Food, Staff
saidinjest
saidinjest

Every city needs a place like this!

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2010

I live in Milwaukee, which absolutely sucks for vegan food. We have 0 all-vegan restaurants, and barely any all-vegetarian restaurants. You can get what I thought was somewhat decent vegan pizza at a few places, but that's about it. Then I went on vacation, stopped in Seattle, ate at Pizza Pi and will most likely never enjoy pizza that much again unless I make it myself or go back to Seattle. They have *dozens* of vegan pizzas, or you can make up your own. They offer both Teese and Daiya (which is awesome because I don't care much for Teese anymore), and they even make stuffed crust pizza. Though, I think they might want to check on whether or not they can legally offer "stuffed crust" because I think you-know-who has a trademark on that. Okay, I'm rambling. Seriously, though, this place is just amazing. I tried four different kinds of their pizza while I was there dining with some friends, and all of them were amazing. If you live in Seattle and you don't eat here all the time, I don't know what's wrong with you.

Pros: so many options, multiple vegan cheeses, stuffed crust vegan pizza?!
Cons: none, at, all
fondducoeur
fondducoeur

Best Calzones Ever

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2010

This is my second time visiting Seattle, and the one place I was determined to frequent on this trip was Pizza Pi (I went here twice when visiting a couple years ago). They have the best calzones I have ever had and an extensive list of toppings. Serving Teese vegan cheese (and now Daiya which you can pay extra for), their cheese bread and spinach artichoke dip rocks also.

They serve pizza, calzones, an array of appetizers, dessert (including a cookie dessert pizza), and more. Any of their specialty pizzas can be made into a calzone (I recommend the Pink Lady- blend of red and white sauce, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and potatoes). Their garlic dip that comes with the pizza rocks also.

I can't recommend this place enough.

Pros: Great food, Calzones, Good vegan cheese
Cons: 10.99 for pizza made into a calzone, Not a lot of room for dining in
lilmammal
lilmammal

Delicious!

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2010

Mmmmm vegan pizza... We had the Cheesesteak variety. It was recommended by the staff there and they were absolutely right! Pizza Pi is in a convenient, easy-to-find location. The value was good, as we had plenty of leftovers.

HappySeattleVegan
HappySeattleVegan

OH MY GOODNESS...so freakin delicious!

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2010

I ate at Pizza Pi for the first time about three months ago after getting a recommendation from a barista at Tully's. We ordered the white lightning pizza, the cheesesteak pizza and the cheesesticks. The cheesesticks came out first and I think they are the best food I have ever had. So good, I wanted to just eat those. The garlic/mayo dipping sauce is incredibly addicting. The white lightning was okay, but I could tell they used canned potatoes and (as a personal preference) I'm not too fond of them. The cheesesteak is heaven on a pizza pan. I'm not a fan of Field Roast but this pizza is so good. I kept having cravings for this food so I came back, ordered the cheese sticks, the cheesesteak, the sampler AND a calzone. The number 2 calzone to be exact. HOLY CRAP. So freaking good. I would recommend this to ANYONE. I bought the calzone for lunches that week and they were delicious after being re-heated which is rare to find. The shrimp was delicious and the ranch is to DIE for. I am so happy with this restaurant, I'm going there tomorrow because I can't hold back anymore!

Pros: GREAT food!
vegan rocketship
vegan rocketship

Delicious!

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2010

My mom and I went out here today and ordered the Mediterranean pizza and the Rainy Day pizza, both in smalls. But we both really really wished we had bought at least a medium. That stuff was so good! The people were friendly and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend anyone in the Seattle area to visit Pizza Pi, even if they're not vegan. My mom, an omnivore, wasn't expecting non-cheese pizza to be good, but she loved the pizza as much as I did.

Pros: friendly staff, yummy food, next to a 100% vegan store
Cons: bad parking availability, time to cook
sweetszlove
sweetszlove

Teese cheese & Gluten free crust

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2010

Went with my gluten free friend for lunch and had two delicious pies.

Fresh ingredients, delicious garlic sauce. The Teese Cheese they use is divine. Gluten free crust available in small size. There were so many types of pizzas, we had trouble deciding. I'm sure whatever choice, they would have been delicious

The salad was chopped up kind of weird, but the ranch dressing was very good.

Pros: menu, fresh toppings, lots of seating
Cons: no music playing
j.lee
j.lee

A HUGE Step Up

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2010

I am consistently amazed at how much better Pizza Pi gets every time I go in there. When they added sandwiches I was smitten...but the addition of dessert (including soy ice-cream based concoctions) pretty much won me over completely. It's almost impossible for me NOT to stop in there if I'm picking something up from Sidecar across the street - that's how good it is.

If I had one complaint, and it's a small one, it would be that the overall decor of the restaurant hasn't really changed since the original owner had the place 5 years ago. But that's essentially nitpicking on what is definitely one of the best vegan restaurants in the city.

Compassionist
Compassionist

Well Worth the Trip

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2009

I travel to Seattle from Olympia for vegan adventures and one of my favorite ways to spend the day is lunch at Pizza Pi and shopping at Sidecar for Pigs Peace, right next door. The world sort of evaporates around me as I dip a spoon into my Soy Dream float. Pizza, floats, pocket pies, salads...what more could I ask for?

I like the casual environment and don't mind getting water from the cooler. Ice water in restaurants is said to be really bad for climate change so that I find getting my own water from a cooler to be better than drinking tepid water that I get some other places.

Friendly and fast service are icing on the Pi!

The lighting could be better.

Pros: Friendly and Fast, Great Selection, Pizza!! (need I say more?)
Mighty Vegan
Mighty Vegan

Vegan Pizza Yum!

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2009

I was there last week while visiting Seattle. Incidentally, a large number of the veg restaurants in Seattle are located in the University district. I have not before seen a vegan pizza place so it was exciting to see this concept brought to reality. We got the Rainy Day Pizza and the "Chicken" Grilled Onion and Artichoke Calzone. The pizza was delicious and very unique. It seemed a little heavy on the sauce, but this was more a personal preference. The calzone was awesome as there are few opportunities as a vegan to experience this. If you are a vegan and like pizza I would definitely check this place out.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Vegan Calzones
pixels
pixels

Very Yummy!

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2009

I talked my husband into going to Pizza Pi today, and we were actually quite impressed! My husband isn't vegan, or even vegetarian, and he still enjoyed the food. I wouldn't say that it is my favorite vegan pizza, but it is definitely delicious and we plan to return to Pizza Pi to enjoy some more vegan pizza. If you choose to dine in, be warned that the dining area leaves a lot to be desired. They have a few nice decorative touches, but I wasn't impressed with getting water from a water cooler. Otherwise, this is a nice place to go and have the confidence that you can order ANYTHING from the menu!

Pros: Vegan, A lot of choices, Very Tasty!
Cons: Poor Dining
thoor_ballylee
thoor_ballylee

do you really need an excuse to come here?

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2009

I have only eating here once and plan on returning, I ordered their ceaser side salad which I thought was pretty well done, I also had a calzone and then took a pizza (the cheese steak) to go for my family later. First off it is fantastic to be able to order off an entire menu, I haven't had that many choices in years. It's hard to complain about a place that is vegan, I feel like I'm betraying someone, but the pizza could be better. As a professional cook myself, I feel like they have the opotunity to really wow and they didn't get there. Truth be told I would love to have a crack at that kitchen and see what I could come up with. My family who is not even veggie let alone vegan all enjoyed their pizza so obviously they have succeded in making a tasty pizza and maybe that is all they were trying for.

p.s. if you're ever looking for a cook who is a fanatic about great vegan cooking, look me up!

Pros: huge vegan menu!
Cons: small dining area
pmikel
pmikel

the food has gone downhill

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2009

I am always a huge fan of more and more diverse vegan restaurants, but I will not be back to this one until it changes ownership again. i just shilled out a small fortune for what can only be described as a miserable excuse for vegan fare or for pizza in any form. They kindly omitted one of my toppings but charged me for it. It does not look like they actually cooked the top of the pizza. The vegan cheese did not even begin to melt, not even by vegan cheese standards and was exceedingly cold by the time i finished my five minute ride home. My advice; buy soy cheese, field roast and a sack of flour and make your own. save yourself some money and the disappointment. the previous owner might have had lousy service, but the food was great.

Pros: none
Cons: expensive, poorly made
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

Yum Yum

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2009

While visiting Seattle last Labor Day weekend, our hosts graciously drove us to Pizza Pi per our request. We had to try an all-vegan pizzeria. We were not disappointed. There were so many choices! We got different pizzas and split them amongst us. Awesome! Although LA now has vegan options at Cruzer Pizza, it was so cool to be able to order ANY pizza on the menu. Go try it if you have the chance!

Pros: vegan pizza - do you need more reason?, lots of choices, nice staff
Cons: only a few tables
syork2
syork2

I want to move to Seattle just to eat here!

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2009

This is not only the best vegan pizza I have ever had but the best pizza I've had PERIOD! It's so freakin' awesome! I dream of the pizza and the variety they offer. If only I didn't like 10 hours away, I would be in there everyday. I hope everyone tries this place out! It's awesome! I wish they would establish one in San Fran and Portland! You will walk away wanting more even if you're stuffed to the brim! GO THERE!

Pros: AMAZING pizza, Variety, fair prices, Friendly Staff
Veganoid
Veganoid

Yummylicious

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2009

I was VERY excited to try Pizza Pi, as I don't often get to eat vegan pizza. It was great!!! The pizza sauce they use is the best I have EVER tasted! The guy next to us had some pizza that looked much better than ours, but our Margarita pizza was very yummy indeed. If I ever go back to Seattle, I'll be at Pizza Pi a lot.

Pros: PIZZA SAUCE, Large Selection
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Great all vegan pizza place next to Vegan Grocery

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2009

Rootbeer vegan floats, calzonify any pizza! What more can you ask for? Hit the Side Car Vegan Grocery store on the same side of the street AFTER you've filled up on Pizza Pi!

I'm not the biggest fan of Teese, but this place is great! So cool to have an all vegan pizzaria!

Pros: calzones, everything, awesome!
noin_hime
noin_hime

Please support this place!

Posted on 01 / 26 / 2009

I've only been here once but I will definitly be back again. I called in an order on a weekday for lunch and the lady who was working there had it done in less than ten minutes. I got an italian melt sammich and a side salad with french dressing. I have to admit the sammich didn't look impressive but OH LORD the sauce they put on there was good. The whole thing was really tasty and well done.

The only bad thing about this place is that the interior seriously needs updating. Namely lighting. It was very dim and the place really needs to be decorated to brighten it up. Don't let that stop you though! The food is great!

Pros: Good Service, Excellent Food
Cons: Bad Lighting
findabiggerplace
findabiggerplace

MOVE TO PHILLLLLLLY

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2009

I visited Seattle for a week last year and ate here 3 times. I had a calzone with veggie sausage, spinach, potatoes, and white sauce. I still dream about it! Plus- they have Blue Sky soda in my favorite flavor- Dr. Becker! YUMMMMMM!

Pros: YUM, WHITE SAUCE!
iwoof4u
iwoof4u

New owners have really made this place shine!

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2008

Excellent, tasty menu. The calzones are huge and always a good choice. They have been a bit burnt a few times though.

Pros: Menu, Owners
Cons: Burnt
procrastinasian
procrastinasian

SO good

Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

This was a highlight of a recent trip my husband and I took to Seattle. He ordered the Thai Chicken Pizza and I had the Pink Lady. Both were excellent. The worst part about going there was that we had to choose just two pizzas from their extensive menu. We went across the street afterward to Sidecar for Pig's Peace. Great location! If we lived in Seattle, we would go to Pizza Pi all the time.

Pros: Delicious!, Big menu, Next door to vegan shop
Cons: A little pricey
sshanon33
sshanon33

Pizza Heaven!

Posted on 11 / 29 / 2008

I cannot say enough things about this totally awesome vegan pizza! I even have my non-veg friends addicted to this pizza. The ingredients are fresh, the staff is super nice, and the pizza is all I could ask for. I am now eating here about once a week.

Pros: yummy food, nice staff, clean
Cons: only one location
SeattleVegan
SeattleVegan

I go ATLEAST once a week!

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

Love this place, affordable, clean, friendly staff and of course the food is amazing. I have a lot of "meat eater" friends and they love this place as well. GLUTEN FREE CRUST!! You will have to try this place!

Pros: Great Food, Nicest people, Great prices!!
gallo39
gallo39

That's Amore!

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2008

As visitors to vegan friendly Seattle, we had a awesome ending to our visit when we ate at Pizza Pi. Wanting to try as much as possible of their expansive menu we sampled both the red and white pizzas plus a delicious dessert (apple cinamon pocket pie). We also ordered two sandwiches (field roast and "chicken" salad)for the road. For a change, gluttony was rewarded as everything was fantastic. Add to that good service by a friendly owner and we had a perfect experience. We look forward to our next visit.

kissme926
kissme926

WONDERFUL NEW PIZZAS!! ...but customer service??

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2008

Well it was one of those Friday nights again when you want to go somewhere, and our family couldnt decide what salad-friendly place to go to (we're trying to eat more raw foods).We got lost going to one place, and with hunger turning us into monsters, had to figure some place out fast as 2 of our 3 kids were now asleep!

Have you ever seen the video "Drive-Thru" by Weird Al Yankovic? That's kind of like the mood we were in last night lol. Video Link:

So, i remembered Pizza Pi! So much for raw foods. They did have salads on the menu, but When we got there at 9:35pm and starving, we were delighted to find they had many new flavors, like Thai "Chicken," "Field Roast Pizza" and many others! :)

We sat around and sat around, and then I said "when did you order?" My husband said, "oh i haven't." I looked at another guy standing at the cashier and I said, "well, i think you order at the counter."

So like uh, now it's almost closing time when we finally order. It would have been nice if the guy behind the cashier had smiled and said "welcome! tell me when you want to order.."

Soo, we finally got 2 new ones we hadn't tried: Pink Lady with added "ham," and Philly Cheesesteak. Both were AWESOME! The Pink Lady had lots of really improved tomato pizza sauce and loads the melted fake cheese and veggies. The Philly Cheesesteak had lots of a salty garlicky sauce on it that was very good (but i doubt was good for us lol) and tons of cooked onions which added a very neat flavor between those 2 I hadn't ever had on a pizza.

THEN, when we got the pizzas, they were put in to-go boxes and it was 9:59pm, right before closing. Rememering that we had no customers service when we first got there, I asked the cashier guy if we could eat there for a few minutes first. He reluctantly said yes, so we did. It was so good it was hard to stop!

Then to my dismay, the music is turned off and all we hear is us our own chewing and, oh yeah, the cashier clanking around change like they do when they're trying to leave. I wanted to say "hey can you turn the music back on just for a couple more minutes or until we leave please?" but i didn't feel like getting into it. That was our punishment for being there around 9:30. DONT GO THERE PAST 9 IF YOU WANT A NICE DINE-IN EXPERIENCE.

So, great pizza? YES! Way improved! Way to go!OUTGOING and friendly staff? NO. Maybe one day Pizza Pi will serve up some customer serv w/their pies.

Pros: Great new pizza flavors, Nice, mellow pop music, Stuff for kids to play with (magnets)etc
Cons: Passive, blah staff, Too rushed at closing time, could be friendlier and more outgoing
  • SeattleVegan SeattleVegan

I'm lost did you get bad customer service or were you a bad customer? I see you said they were bad to you, yet out of YOUR very own text you admitted to going in 30 minutes before closing, FAILED to order YOUR food at the cash register for crying out loud and when you asked to eat at a facility that is closed they allowed you to do so, yet you find a way to STILL complain about the people doing their job (closing). I wished they used the right to refuse service to anyone in this case. Do you live in Seattle? I highly doubt it, have you seen the amount of free loaders who come in and sit down and never order a thing? I'm sure you meant to say GREAT FOOD even when I am acting like a child.

SDP
SDP
  • non-vegetarian

Super Yummy & Healthy!

Posted on 08 / 09 / 2008

We went to this pizza place after reading the other reviews and we LOVED it! Super healthy toppings that are piled high & thin crisp crust (not oily or greasy). For anyone that likes healthy food this is a must eat!

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Very Good!

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2008

I ate here when I was in Seattle and loved the food -- I had an alfredo sauce pizza with spinach and faux meat. I haven't been there since the new management took over, but it sounds like it's better than before. ;)

kikaerter
kikaerter

Really good!

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2008

This place is great! Great food, nice people, clean, and pleasant.

Pros: Great food, Friendly workers, Appropriate portion sizes
SUEHAM
SUEHAM

YUMMY PIZZA PI !!!

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2008

WHAT A TREAT TO EAT SUCH DELICIOUS ITALIAN FOOD @ PIZZA PI..SO MANY CHOICES..FROM THE SALADS TO THE CALZONES TO THE PIZZAS, WOW !! YOU CAN'T GO WRONG !! PLENTIFUL INGREDIENTS IN THE CALZONES & ON THE PIZZA MAKE IT THE BEST !! THE PINK LADY SAUCE IS WORTH A TRY, ALSO !!

Pros: EXCELLENT VALUE, EXCELLENT CHOICES, TASTY FOOD
Cons: NONE
915phil
915phil

A Seattle Must

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2008

The staff is awesome, and the pizza is delicious. I didn't particularly dig the faux meat, however. Everything else, from the breads to the sauces and toppings was top-notch, though.

Pros: Cool people, Good pizza
Cons: Next to 'Pigs Peace' store
Guest
Guest

Yum!!

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2008

I loved this pizza! Interesting combinations on the menu. Good value. Nice place to sit in and hang out, or good for take out.

Pros: Great pizza, Quick service, Interesting options
Cons: Don't deliver
veganandrea
veganandrea

OMG! LOVE IT!

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2008

I love this place! I love that I can get a vegan pizza or CALZONE with many great toppings! They have an awesome white dipping sauce that I seriously can not get enough of! Yum! Yum! I also tried (tonight) their cesar salad and it was quite good.

Pros: excellent food, large portions
Cons: small establishment, pricey
  • Jeffrey Jeffrey

Hi Veganandrea, I liked your review. I too am a big fan of vegan pizza and this place sounds like somewhere I really need to check out.

Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

New owners, new heights of vegan goodness!

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2008

This is an exciting new era for Pizza Pi. New owners and a new menu combine to make Seattle's vegan pizzeria a treasure. Nothing short of 5 "happy cows" now (if I could, I'd give them extra happy cows for using the word "sammiches" on their menu. That just makes my heart sing).

Of course they have pizza and calzones. But the new menu has much more! Here are some teasers:
spinach and artichoke dip
bruschetta
no-meatball sub sammich
caesar salad
baked pie pockets
... all vegan!

It's time for Seattle (and visiting) veg*ns to throw their support behind Pizza Pi. No more excuses, this place is an authentic vegan treasure!

Pros: Friendly owners, Great menu, Sammiches!
Cons: adds up, no weekday lunches

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizza Pi Vegan Pizzeria: