Pizza Lounge

Serves meat, veg options available. Local pizzeria offering pizza pies, salads, sandwiches, and drinks in a lounge setting. Along with traditional pizza toppings are vegan-friendly choices including vegan mozzarella, vegan chipotle monterey jack blend, vegan Mexican chipotle sausage, soyrizo, and tofurky. Dough is vegan suitable. Laid back atmosphere & hangout. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, American, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Non-veg
841 Exposition Ave

hippy chic
hippy chic

Nom Nom

4 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2013

Has a separate menu dedicated to vegan pizzas! With so much variety, I was happy to share a few diff pies with friends. They also offered a vegan strawberry cake that night. I was more than satisfied with the beer selection and the atmosphere was nice enough that you definitely want to stick around after the belly is full for another beer (or two).

Pros: Very Friendly Staff, Good Vibe, 1/2 Price Pies on Tues
Cons: TX summer and the A/C wasn't working
EasterCat
EasterCat

Fills those late night pizza cravings

4 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

If you need a vegan pizza with daiya cheese, vegan chorizo, tofurky sausage and some vegetable matter, Pizza Lounge is the place to go.
I usually pick up a pizza to go from here, but I've gotten a beer while waiting for my order. They have an okay selection. I didn't remember any microbrews, but they have Hoegaarden and some better beers. They also have the cheap stuff.
You should probably specify that your pizza is vegan, because they have two different crusts. I mention this, because the cook asked if I wanted a vegan crust last time I was there. The vegan ingredients probably clued the cook, but you can never tell.
No, the pizza isn't cheap, but this isn't Papa John's or some other chain. Z Pizza's price is offset by the fact that I have to drive an hour, while it only takes me 10 minutes to get to Pizza Lounge. If I lived close enough for delivery, I'd take them up on it as often as I could.

Pros: Tasty food
Cons: Okay beer selection
miacard
miacard

Best Vegan Pizza in Dallas

4 Posted on 08 / 10 / 2010

Since going vegan 3 years ago there's been one gaping hole in my belly: the one created when I stopped eating cheese pizza. Since then, I've been searching for some semblance of an alternative to fill that aching void. I've found some stars whilst traveling (Pizza Pi in Seattle and Panther's Den in Gold Beach, OR), I've tried the local fare (Pizza by Marco is passable, Z Pizza gets closer but is quite a hike), and have had mixed results with freezer and homemade pizzas (Amy's not so tasty, Daiya on a pesto slathered bagel-delicious). Each of these samples filled up a bit of the belly abyss, but they all pale in comparison to Pizza Lounge. The Pizza Lounge pizza, with Chipotle Monterey Jack Blend Cheese and Mexican Chipotle Sausage on top has filled the void. It is *this close* to being as good as the real cheese pizza I salivated over in my college days. Ask for it with light cheese for true vegan pizza perfection.

Amazingrobie
Amazingrobie

OLD SCHOOL PIZZERIA

3 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2010

On the 1st night of our vacation in Dallas we searched Happycow for places that were open late and came across Pizza Lounge. The thing that intrigued us was the inclusion of the vegan selections on the menu and while everything was pricey, we expected that going in due to the nature of the ingredients.

It was around 11pm when we arrived and all available parking on the street was taken due to a couple of pubs being close by, so we called and they informed us of additional parking around back of the building through the 1st alley off Exposition Ave. Once inside the waitress told us to have a seat anywhere we liked.

They have a patio at the front where you can eat in the open air, but since there were smokers we found a spot in the corner inside. The interior was dark, lit only by the glow of a couple of neon signs above the entrance and front window and dim lights throughout. There were about 15 people inside and the waitress informed us ahead of time as she was taking our drink orders that they were running behind and hoped we would be patient.

We began to talk amongst ourselves and when our drinks arrived we placed our order for 2 regular "Yo Pie~Yo Picks"; 1 w/Chipotle Monterey Jack Blend Vegan Cheese, Mexican Chipotle Vegan Sausage & Jalapenos and 1 w/Vegan Mozzarella & Vegan Pepperoni.

It took over 45 minutes once our order was placed to get our food (I'm just stating fact, not complaining) and the waitress explained that all ingredients are prepared once ordered so nothing is pre-cut or made, hence the longer than usual wait.

While the pie w/the Pepperoni was decent enough, the one w/the Chipotle Monterey Jack, Sausage & Jalapenos was OUT-FREAKIN'-STANDING! If you want to try something that will knock your socks off, I would advise ordering a large of this ingredient combination with a glass of cold lager, then sit back and enjoy the evening.

Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to try everything that we wanted, but when we're in Dallas again, we'll definitely be stopping back by.

I envy those who live in Dallas, as we have nothing like this in Houston. It reminded us a lot of the way Austin & Denton used to be before all of the corporate franchises took over and ruined everything and if we lived there, we could very well see ourselves making this place a regular spot since it was such a laid back atmosphere complete with good food & drink which inspires great conversation.

Pros: Vegan Pizza Toppings, Open Late, Great Atmosphere
Cons: Maybe A Little Pricey

windy
windy

• fruititarian

Lose my weight :((

4 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2010

I do like pizza. But I want to lose my weight. huhu anyone can help me.

BriggitteJ
BriggitteJ

Good but not Great

3 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2010

I really did like the pizza at pizza lounge and I loved the large selection of fake meats. The price was pretty steep for a pizza. The rest of the menu was outrageous in price so I just ordered that. I do have to say I prefer the pizza at Z pizza in flower mound and esp. when you consider how much more you can get for your money. The service was pretty slow considering that there were only 2 other people in the restaurant. I would go back for a late night bite but not anytime soon.

Pros: Location, Fake Meat Selection
Cons: Price, Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizza Lounge: