Serves meat, veg options available. Fast food franchise offering pita pocket sandwiches and salads. Fillings include fresh veggies, hummus, a black bean burger, and falafel. Uses dairy and/or egg in many of its sauces, so vegans should inquire. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
6929 N Willow Ave
Fresno, California 93710
559-298-6777

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Lanahexapod
Lanahexapod
Lanahexapod

Delicious pita, but bad cross contamination issues

Posted on 06 / 21 / 2015

I went on their website before hand and looked at the allergen guide and was so pleased to see there was a vegan section :) So from there I got the falafel pita with hummus and veggies and it was delicious. I'm craving another right now..
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 16, 2015

Went back to Pita Pit when they were more busy. I was pleased to see they updated their sauces list and had the allergens clearly labeled on site. However, because they were more busy I saw them cook my pita in the same place as the meat and use the same utensils. I was disgusted after I saw him touch raw bacon and then with the same gloves touch all of my food. I was too shy to say anything though. I don't think I'll be going back after that unless something changes. The pita was honestly still good and I ate it but felt guilty since I was pretty sure there was a lot of cross contamination.

Pros: vegan labeling, good food
Cons: cross contamination, little pricey for the size

Dear Owner and Manager of Pita Pit: