Vegetarian restaurant located at the Marina Bay Sands Mall, Level 1. Offers in-house-made pita, falafel, and Middle Eastern salads. Counter service. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Salad bar, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Xsimx
Tiggy
Tiggy

Disappointing

2 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

I visited this place today (7 January 2013) and was looking forward to having some Middle Eastern food. When we came in the person at the counter was on the phone and simply asked to take down our orders hurriedly while still on the phone call. As I needed to let him know I was vegan I told him I would need to talk to him, so he briefly left his phone call and I asked him about this. He responded in a dismissive manner that this would all be OK and I should go and sit down. The displayed pictures showed the food served on dishes but it came in paper bags and wrapping. (Arguably not unexpected for a falafel but one reason I went was because I thought this was not the case and wanted to avoid packaging.) The food was fine: Pita pocket with falafel, chips and drink was around S$15. I asked if a drink was mango juice and was told it was but it turned out to be a sweetened mango drink (possibly not veg*n). This could have been due to language issues but speaks to the importance of customers being careful to be clear about answers to their questions.

Cons: Impolite staff, Too much waste, Rushed ordering process
devilry
devilry

Good, Standard Mediterranean Cuisine

4 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2012

While I was here, I had a sundried tomato falafel, a salad and a cous cous with vegetable soup.

I enjoyed all of them. The pita bread that came with the falafel was soft, chewy and fragrant, which complimented the crunchiness of falafel well. The salad dressing was light and pleasant, while the vegetables gave a good range of textures.

However, the falafel and vegetable soup were a little too salty for my taste (this is the norm of Mediterranean cuisine, I don't think other restaurants do it much differently) and the cous cous was too fine to be eaten on its own (but it's good with the soup, the texture makes it seem like cheese flakes).

Also, the restaurant is markedly less classy than other restaurants in Marina Bay Sands, so keep that in mind if you're planning to dine there.

All in all, I would still come back here to eat again.

Pros: A lot of options, Tasty
Cons: A little pricey
Xsimx
Xsimx

Great falafels, great price

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2012

Found this place on the Singapore vegetarian society site and had to check it out. In a really nice new shopping mall on the marina bay. Meal deals available with fries, and it serves alcohol and soft drinks. They also serve non-falafel based meals. Check out their website for full menu and prices.

Pros: Great food, Good location, Reasonable price

Dear Owner and Manager of Pita Pan: