Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain restaurant in the Southwest, offering Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. Has vegan suitable items, including 4 appetizers, 4 salads, some sides, the falafel pita, veggie wrap, and macro plate. See website chart which notes which items are vegan. Casual nice sit-down dining. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by PH0ENIX
npveg
npveg

Vegan Options Extremely Limited

2 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2012

After going over their menu ahead of time, as far as vegan goes, they have a flavorless sounding combo plate (rice, beans & steamed veggies(make at home food)), you can get a side of lentils and rice(bland version of what I make at home). I got the falafel platter appetizer for my main and it was good but not worth coming back to eat every time... I used to go here before I went vegan and it was pretty good but poor vegan options. I hope people can get over misconceptions that vegans don't like flavor and eat dust size portions lol.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

It's OK

3 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2011

I ate at this Pita Jungle for lunch last Friday and I left feeling very underwhelmed. I ordered the garden veggie wrap and when I bit into it I found that the rice was very undercooked and the wrap in general didn't taste great. I expressed my concern to the waitress and asked for something else, the falafel wrap. I really didn't want a falafel wrap but figured this was the safest way to go - it was good, but nothing special. I think this is a good option if you're dining with non-veg friends, but the food isn't life changing.

OceanOpage18
OceanOpage18

Pita Jungle

3 Posted on 04 / 13 / 2011

I think its OK, but not the best. But I have to say the hummus was AMAZING!! Sadly, my main course(meal) was not good- huge portion, couldn't bite into it for a while because it was so hot, and it was kinda bland tasting. BTW i had the garden veggie wrap.

Pros: Pretty good music, Fast food cooking and delivery, Great hummus
Cons: Crowded and packed, Not the best sevice

vegan4theloveofitall
vegan4theloveofitall

Veg-friendly, vegan-friendly but NOT vegetarian

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2010

We had Southwestern Tofu Scramble this morning at the Tempe location. It was quite tasty. Portion size was more than adequate. ( Actually, it was more than I could eat.) There are many vegan and vegetarian choices. However, fish, chicken, beef and turkey are on the menu. Service is friendly and efficient. Coffee is flavorful and refilled endlessly.

Pros: vegan choices, good-sized portions, friendly efficient service
Cons: fish, chicken, turkey, beef
AngryGirl
AngryGirl

Inconsistent portions & ingredients! Bad service!

2 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2008

Depending on the location and the mood of the cook at the time, your portions will be either large or small and may or may not include different ingredients!

One day the gazpacho has raisins in it and the next there's no raisins but tons of celery! Whoever heard of celery in gazpacho?

Then there's the day I found a piece of broiled meat in my garlic potatoes.

And then there was at least twice when the portion was so small that they apologized and adjusted it.

And the service is horrible: The waitrons are usually self-absorbed, forgetful, and inattentive.

I would avoid them like the plague except occasionally my friends go there.

Cons: Inconsistent portions, Lousy service, Sucky music
veganrunner
veganrunner

Good vegan breakfast options

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2008

I've had several different items at Pita Jungle but their vegan apple crepes are the best and if you're looking for a good tofu scramble, they've got it. Large portions, too!

veganlover
veganlover

Nice Atmosphere

3 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2007

Decent service, nice atmosphere. I wasn't impressed with the Mediterranean platter, but then this wasn't a Middle Eastern restaurant. I'd definitely return to try other menu options.

Pros: large portions, nice place, prompt service
Cons: pricy, mediocre food
PH0ENIX
PH0ENIX

Great

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2007

I prefer this location to the Arcadia one. There are plenty of tables (especially now that they've expanded), and the menu has plenty of options. My favorite is the 1000 bean pita (I get mine without the pita), the beans, brown rice, and herbs make it a healthy and delicious meal. I tried the same dish at the Arcadia location, and it wasn't as good (also smaller portions).

Pros: Value, Good food, Nice environment

Dear Owner and Manager of Pita Jungle: