Pita Jungle - Downtown

Serves meat, veg options available. Part of chain restaurant in the Southwest, offering Middle Eastern and Mediterranean food. Has vegan suitable items, including 4 appetizers, 4 salads, some sides, the falafel pita, veggie wrap, and macro plate. See website chart which notes which items are vegan. Casual nice sit-down dining. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non veg, Non-veg
1001 N 3rd Ave Unit 4
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
602-258-7482

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Pylt
eirrac
eirrac

simmer down...lots of VEGAN options here:-)

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

just freaked out for a moment as this is my spot. i saw a bad review stating that there is lack of disclosure and vegan options. NOT TRUE! the full menu is online and there is even a vegan menu to clarify everything. their pita that comes with the hummus and on the falafel sandwich is vegan! the only pita they have that is non-vegan is the greek pita, which i have never had a reason to order a chicken pita, therefore i have not tasted. this is a great happy hour spot! the patio is a cute area with trees and lights and the tapas plates are cheap, vegan and amazing!the service can be a little weird and slow, but i find that to be true at nearly all pita jungle (which is strange since they are all independently owned and operated).

Pros: ambience, happy hour, vegan options
Cons: service
EmmaClareJuniper
EmmaClareJuniper

Not So Vegan Friendly

2 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2014

We were quite disappointed. First of all on their website their menu only says the title of the dish without any disclosure of ingredients - and their pita chips have dairy in them so corn was the only dipper option.
We were clear in our ordering we didn't want dairy and they didn't stop us when we ordered babaganoush which from our travels usually doesn't have dairy.
At the restaurant we added a smoothie - on the menu it said strawberries and banana. It arrived and had yogurt in it.
Lack of disclosure, awareness, and options....not going back.

Pros: Hummus is good
Cons: Babaganoush has dairy, Smoothies have dairy, Lack of disclosure
Sarah Jean Kutzler
Sarah Jean Kutzler

Lemons + garlic = pita jungle

1 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

There is a local vegan meetup that I've notices that frequents pita jungle. Decided to give it a try. Highly disappointed. Few vegan options. There are several vegan listings on the site, but everything is meant to be eaten with or on a pita. The server informed me that the pita bread is not vegan. So my husband got the tabouli salad, which he said was 97% parsley. Then I got just sides: new potatoes, garlic mushrooms, and steamed broccoli. The potatoes and mushrooms were VERY lemony. My husband thought the garlic was marinated in a lemon juice/sauce. And I'm not sure how you mess up steamed broccoli but they did. Half the broccoli was over done, complete mush, the other half was not cooked enough and quite crunchy still. Plus everything that should've been hot was barely warm. Will not return. Vegans (or even non) should check out Green Vegetarian. Better taste, better price.

Pros: Nice waitress....
Cons: Too much lemon!!! , Few truly vegan options, Over priced, you pay for the atmosphere

IraBohm-Sanchez
IraBohm-Sanchez

Meat In Veggie Dish

1 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

My friend and I went specifically because it was advertised as vegan friendly, and it's downtown. We both ordered vegan dishes, and my friend's side dish came mixed with chicken. We were open with the server about being vegan ahead of time. I was incredibly disappointed.

Pros: Labeled Veg Options
Cons: Came With Meat Anyway
Pylt
Pylt

Excellent meals and wonderful staff!

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2012

Overall, very veg*n friendly, but (sadly) has plenty for people that eat animal flesh.

Great staff that's fully up to speed on veg*n lifestyles and desires.

Pros: selection, knowledgeable staff, great food
Cons: parking seemed tight

Dear Owner and Manager of Pita Jungle - Downtown: